The Girls' Room

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    This whole forum is not profound. :D
    I'm just sayin' - we enjoy chatting here.
  • I don't wanna seem pushy but I uploaded a piece of fan art onto the Bond 24 Fan Arts page and really wanna know what people think. I decided to turn my 'A High Time to Kill' poster into a Bond 24 fan poster. It had some issues but I'm proud of it.

bond_24_teaser_poster_by_galasilva-d87wog5.jpg
    I do like that! Very much. Are you female, by the way, GalaSilva? :)

Anyone can post; just checking. We seem to have few (active) female members currently.
    I like it, Gala. I like the form of a drop. Nice idea.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    That's amazing @GalaSilva! There is only one thing I would change, Lea's outfit.
    Oh I guess she could be in a sexier ski outfit - or apres' skit dress.

I'm psyched we get a good deal of beautiful (how can it not be?) snowy landscape in this one.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    I like it! I wish had some artistic skills. Léa does not look very femme fatale there though :P
    A question to female members: how did you become Bond fans? As everyone knows, the large majority of Bond fans are male and I am genuinely curious how the female fans became fans of the series.
  • I do like that! Very much. Are you female, by the way, GalaSilva? :)

Anyone can post; just checking. We seem to have few (active) female members currently.

Yeah I am :)
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 96
    Sandy wrote: »
    That's amazing @GalaSilva! There is only one thing I would change, Lea's outfit.

The outfit was more of an idea I had of Lea going on Bond's side (if she isn't already) and her character changing into a more casual outfit for an action sequence.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    A question to female members: how did you become Bond fans? As everyone knows, the large majority of Bond fans are male and I am genuinely curious how the female fans became fans of the series.

You may find some of those answers here:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1253/are-there-any-women-here-on-mi6/p6

And let me take a moment to welcome the return of the MI6 Bond girls to this thread...

edited December 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Well, on the great thread that SirHenry started a couple of years ago, now called the SirHenryLeeChaChing's For Original Fans thread, I gave my story. In a nutshell, I saw Diamonds are Forever, about age 13 - fell completely in love with the whole Bondian world, Sean of course!!, and wanted to look like Jill St. John (throughout high school, Jill and Elke Sommer were my style idols). I read all the novels in my early teens, too. But the biggest impact was seeing that film. I had no problem accepting Roger in LALD either because I already knew him (and loved him) from The Saint. I was sorry no more Sean, but Roger was very much my cup of tea, too. ;)
    I am an avid reader since early childhood, but I have also always loved films. And Bond gave me - this very middle class white bread, quiet, book reading, vanilla looking girl who could have been better compared to the young Goldie Hawn ... but inside complete Ann Margret-Elke-Jill-Jean Shrimpton kind of gal - an exciting world to escape to (from boring hometown in Florida). I have matured since, in every sense (good and bad) of that word. :D
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Cool, the thread is back. Nice artwork there Gala.
    Even I have seen all the films, differently to most, i saw the early ones already in the theater with my Dad. I always liked them a lot. My interest went down during Dalton, was soso with Pierce and the rest is history. But I liked the Moore interpretation best.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    @PanchitoPistoles although a large majority of the Bond fans in forums, clubs, etc are males I would say the actual number of female Bond fans is probably not that far behind, we just don't usually display it ;)
    I usually say Bond is a family disease that gets worse with every generation. My grandfather is a Bond fan, my mother (no, not my father) is a Bond fan, I think I was born a Bond fan. He's always been there, he's my earliest TV memory. When Barbara Broccoli told that funny story that when she was a small child she thought Bond was some family friend who would one day show up for Christmas you have no idea how much I related to that! I can't remember not being obsessed with 007! A boy in my class around 7th grade once had the sad idea of telling me he was a biggest Bond fan than I because he was a boy and girls couldn't understand the films, I challenged him for trivia contest. He quit after the 2nd question I made ;)
    (on a side note, silly me I thought he'd be impressed (I fancied him, actually), he started avoiding me instead)
  • Just thought I'd join the girl's room... :)

• Thanks for mentioning me, I never knew there was a topic like this! :D
  • Yeah, but I am not sure. Hate to say it, just unsure. I think Suzanne is ... Delfloria ...

Well, I'm not. :P
    But now I am curious as to what makes you think that I am.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 498
    Hey girls (and guys!), I'm actually still around. I check the forums practically every day, but for some reason I just haven't been posting.
    I might have to change that though, especially with the upcoming announcements for Bond 24! :\">
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    jackdagger wrote: »
    Hey girls (and guys!), I'm actually still around. I check the forums practically every day, but for some reason I just haven't been posting.
    I might have to change that though, especially with the upcoming announcements for Bond 24! :\">

You definitely have to, @jackdagger! ;) It's great to know you've always been with us, but we enjoy it even more when you let your voice be heard.
    Yeah, but I am not sure. Hate to say it, just unsure. I think Suzanne is ... Delfloria ...

Well, I'm not. :P
    But now I am curious as to what makes you think that I am.

Well, I think being that your username is bent towards the female gender people got to thinking you were a woman.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 2,081
    Sandy wrote: »
    @Tuulia are you around?

*waves*
    Tuulia is with us, but in a different time zone. :)

I live in various timezones. Some of them not officially recognized ones. Ehem.

Right now I'm awake despite it being almost 6 am and I haven't slept all night - slept most of last night - tho badly - and all day, woke up about 10 pm. Sick. Had to take a break from sleeping and have now been sitting up a few hours. I think it might be safe to eat again, but there's not much I'd dare... simple pasta maybe. Eating an organic food bar felt pretty good.

Other than that I'm now practically hyperventilating over the apparently finally confirmed news that Jared Leto will be Joker in Suicide Squad. Now I don't read comics anyway, and am totally ignorant of Suicide Squad, but I'll need to find out, I guess. I want the guy to act much more than he does, so now I'm both weeeeheeee-yessss-something-finally and oh-crap-gotta-wait-nearly-two-years-to-see-this-buaaaah.

Gotta get that pasta cooking...

EDIT: Just noticed the thread title. The girl's room? Why? Who's The Girl? Why not plural, that would make sense to me...
    It's a plural title without the apostrophe (which, yes, still bugs me when I think of it - but it is not really important after all). :) CORRECTION - When was the apostrophe put in? I swear there used to be no apostrophe. It needs to be after the "s" if we use one. Pretty please.
    Yes of course it needs to be after the s if there is one... That's why I was asking about it. I'm sure it wasn't like that before. Looks weird the way it is now, IMO.
    Anyway, I'm happy to have you here on this thread, @Tuulia. :)
    Sorry you have been under the weather. I really hope you feel great again soon. Please take good care of yourself. The news tomorrow will at least cheer you (I hope!). At this point any real Bond 24 news is good to hear, for me.

I don't follow or think much about Jared Leto, and I wouldn't know about the Suicide Squad. But glad you are excited about it.

And @SuzanneStone, yes, it's just your username that made me think you might be female. So that is corrected; thanks. :D
    Alas, Mayday is just a personal favourite character from the Bond films! :D I can assure you, I have a Y chromosome!

In hindsight, I should have used "ZorinDiVicenzo" as my username instead!

Haha, I thought you were a girl for quite som time aswell. :))

This is a confusing forum. @Mayday is a boy, and @jackdagger is a girl... And people's nationality is anyones guess...

Maybe we should all follow @Germanlady's example and tell everything you need to know in the username...? ;)
    But I gave you my very most important thing in my username. ;)
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    @Tuulia I hope you are feeling better soon. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids and if you are feeling nauseous then take small sips of water rather than a glug.

Hope this makes you smile, that scamp Jared photo bombing Léa :)

click?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_14175954074126&drKey=1082&libId=5e7a1fe9-5af2-40ff-b47c-3e46d81755ba&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fs1.zetaboards.com%2FL_Anon%2Ftopic%2F5144735%2F600%2F&v=1&out=http%3A%2F%2Fi2.wp.com%2Fwww.laroussian.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F04%2FIMG_5395.jpg%3Fzoom%3D2%26resize%3D313%252C314&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2Furl%3Fsa%3Dt%26rct%3Dj%26q%3D%26esrc%3Ds%26source%3Dweb%26cd%3D1%26cad%3Drja%26uact%3D8%26ved%3D0CCEQFjAA%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fs1.zetaboards.com%252FL_Anon%252Ftopic%252F5144735%252F600%252F%26ei%3D_8l-VJbkJcTqOOXkgMAF%26usg%3DAFQjCNHk37ZWXTwP5C-CmwGZx1PePzmk8Q%26bvm%3Dbv.80642063%2Cd.ZWU&title=L%C3%A9a%20Seydoux&txt=Jared%20Leto%20photo%20bombing%20Lea%20at%20Miu%20Miu

That is cute, leas_mole. I think Tuulia will enjoy that, yes. :)

That reminds me ... though I don't mean this particular photo.
    But I want to ask the other ladies here: Is anyone else sick of "photobombing" besides me? It truly might be only me. But I got sick of this trend many, many months ago.
    Title is corrected :)
    Oh - thanks, Germanlady. :) (now my nitpicky teacher part of me can go take a hike)