SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I think
    I would be very surprised if the film is named that. Do they want that because they believe the general public really have NO idea what Spectre is? Wouldn't they want it to be more of a reveal, a surprise? If not, and if it is the title, I have to mull this over. Cannot say I like it at this point. I mean talk about pointing things out from the beginning to every ticket buyer, not just hard core fans ... not to say it would not still be a very well done film. But I would be surprised by that title. @slyfox, any chance your friend was having an inside joke re the title? Or that being the on set name of the film, but not the official name?
    @slyfox True or not, thanks for the rumour, at least we have something to talk about until Thursday!
    If they announce SPECTRE as the title this week then they will have no reason to hide the return of Blofeld. Not saying that Spectre can't appear in Bond 24 without Blofeld, but the chance for that to happen is very slim.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 12,302
    Seems kind of strange to name it
    Spectre
    ; not bad necessarily, but odd. Having the press conference next Thursday seems pretty likely though.
    HASEROT wrote: »
    slyfox wrote: »
    I spoke to a family friend of mine this morning who has several friendship ties associated with Bond productions. He was very accurate with SF info last time around (including clarifying numerous rumours). He stated the following to me today:

- Bond conference to be held at Pinewood this Thursday.
    - The Bond 24 title is to be called
    Spectre

I'm taking it with a pinch of salt until we get confirmation but on previous record, he has always been highly reliable with what he's told me.

then what i don't understand is...
    what would then be the point in all the supposed secrecy and supposed misdirections surrounding Waltz's character.... lets say that this title of SPECTRE is true - and lets assume that the recent press rumors about Waltz's character being announced as Oberhauser are also true... announcing the next Bond film as SPECTRE completely undermines that secrecy - you might as well just now come out and saw that Waltz will be Blofeld - unless, he really wont be playing him at all, and Blofeld will be yet to be revealed (ala FRWL and TB)..... who knows.... i find that title nailing it a bit too close on the head of all these recent rumors to be true..... but we shall see....
    Nice title, but I agree, it would be too obvious. So I am dubious about it.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    timmer wrote: »
    I am taking it with no salt. I very much like that title so I will consider it a done deal until Eon proves otherwise. :D
    I very much trust @slyfox's sources here. Now if we could get @marketto to double check with his sources, its a lock!
    ==
    btw, isn't that Swank in the picture above with Seydoux. Hmmm. Did Lea vouch for her friend?
    Could the rumours be true?

no Léa was awarded at Cannes in 2009 by Marion and Swank and she hasn't said anything on her IG for 2 months now which leads me to believe that she might indeed be in the movie
    Really, use spoiler tags even though this is a rumor, please, @FoxRox. Everybody else is for this discussion on the title.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 6,601
    Am i the only one, who finds it very inappropriate to a share a supposedly true title now...after all they have tried to avoid that.

IMO a mod should delete this whole lot and asap.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,622
    chipsticks wrote: »

no Léa was awarded at Cannes in 2009 by Marion and Swank and she hasn't said anything on her IG for 2 months now which leads me to believe that she might indeed be in the movie

Thanks for that info! In the last 5 minutes we suddenly have solid lead on title
    Spectre
    and the other Bond girl
    Swank

Good day!

Eon can consider their "photo-op call" spoiled! :D

Thanks for that info! In the last 5 minutes we suddenly have solid lead on title
    Spectre
    and the other Bond girl
    Swank

Good day!

No, we do not have a solid lead on the main Bond girl.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 2,015
    talos7 wrote: »
    An actor like Bautista is being hired for his intimidating presence and to be a real physical threat to Bond and a tool used by the main villain. He is all of that and, as seen in Guardians of the Galaxy, on screen charisma.

Yes, so don't judge a book by its cover. Some here are making definitive statement as if they had access to casting tapes of everyone in the galaxy. Berenice Marlohe credentials were not very high before Skyfall, remember...
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    A little more
    Maybe the producers think it would be impossible in this day and age to hide the main plot for the duration of production, especially if it involves shaving one of your actor's heads (not that it needs to be). Doing this will give them the satisfaction of delivering the shock while providing the ability to market the angle.
    Well, I am unsure how @JWESTBROOK will feel ... it is still a rumor, not official information. I think he want spoiler tags on this thread for sure.

I also moved this speculation to the other thread (that has no spoiler tags).
    Really, use spoiler tags even though this is a rumor, please, @FoxRox. Everybody else is for this discussion on the title.

I apologize.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

Spectre
    and the other Bond girl
    Swank

Good day!

Eon can consider their "photo-op call" spoiled! :D

i would hardly call it a solid lead.... it's just another rumor...

just because the individual says they have a reliable contact, doesn't mean it's true - i am not going to believe someone without a proven track record to back up their claims - sorry, but simply saying "they were right on stuff about SF." doesn't cut it either - could just be making the whole thing up just to troll...... we'll find out how reliable his source is (if at all real) after the presser..
    Not a big deal. Thanks for correcting it quickly, FoxRox.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited November 2014 Posts: 8,037
    Overall, Star Trek's being coy about their villain being Khan backfired and was more aggravating than intriguing. Aside from specifics about plot, stunts, etc., a bold approach may be used; we know soon.
  • chipsticks wrote: »
    Actress Lea Seydoux is awarded 'Swann d'Or' Best Actress during 26th Cabourg Romantic Film Festival on June 16, 2012 in Cabourg, France.

@chipsticks : when I write "Lea Seydoux fiasco", I don't mean at all her casting is a future fiasco. I mean that when the Schmoes Know website wrote they had a reliable source telling them Lea Seydoux had been cast for Bond 24, we had the usual suspects here "proving" this Lea Seydoux casting rumor was obvious BS. Some keep on writing definitive statements about what will be or will never be in Bond 24.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    Actress Lea Seydoux is awarded 'Swann d'Or' Best Actress during 26th Cabourg Romantic Film Festival on June 16, 2012 in Cabourg, France.

@chipsticks : when I write "Lea Seydoux fiasco", I don't mean at all her casting is a future fiasco. I mean that when the Schmoes Know website wrote they had a reliable source telling them Lea Seydoux had been cast for Bond 24, we had the usual suspects here "proving" this Lea Seydoux casting rumor was obvious BS. Some keep on writing definitive statements about what will be or will never be in Bond 24.

good to know and yes that other site is rubbish

The reason for a lot of us thinking that the Seydoux rumours were not true is that we knew they were looking for a British and a Scandinavian actress and Lea is French.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 560

The reason for a lot of us thinking that the Seydoux rumours were not true is that we knew they were looking for a British and a Scandinavian actress and Lea is French.

while you guys were looking at sites;her giggling in that interview while denying it pretty much gave it away =)) but I see what you mean

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I wonder if Eon even looks at this board. :P

I bet they do just out of curiosity? Well i am signing off for the night shortly so here's hopefully to some more articles on MI6 to wake up too tomorrow! Good night!

I'm sure Barbara is here every evening. Hi Barbara! :-h

Replace "thinking" and "claiming with an absolute certainty and making fun of those waiting for more information"

+

Replace "we knew" by "we read other rumors but we decided they were true"

=

You'll have a better description of what happened :)

Now about that title if it's true, it'll be interesting to see if they'll make it clear it's not related to a
    DC superhero movie
    :)

• leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    I hope not, they would probably think we are nuts!
    Hi EON! Sorry if we potentially spoiled your plans Thursday :-S
    At least one associated with EON has in the past. I am only guessing, but probably different folks (different connections to EON) do check this site once in a while.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,619
    Replace "we knew" by "we read other rumors but we decided they were true"

Some rumours are more reliable than others, and when in comes to Bond the most reliable rumours are written by Baz Bamigboye.
  • Replace "we knew" by "we read other rumors but we decided they were true"

Some rumours are more reliable than others, and when in comes to Bond the most reliable rumours are written by Baz Bamigboye.

Still they are rumours. That's exactly the point.
    Anyway, time to buy XXXX-movie.com if you want personal contact with EON or their lawyers, rather. Gosh, it's already bought :) XXXX-themovie.com is still available. I have an account in a registration site, and all it would take me is 12 euros and even less seconds :) I won't do it though, it's a bit silly (and I may loose my real registrations in the process, who knows ??)