SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• 25 days of filming & 25 min of screen time for East Tyrol, the Bond house in Obertilliach is for exterior only

http://t.co/cjXPFSo6m4

The mood during the photo call could be telling. If in the end we have photos of Dave Bautista lifting a laughing Lea Seydoux from the ground with no effort, etc.. just these could be a hint the fun will be back. If they are all dead serious like they're promoting some Samuel Beckett theather play, well, less so.

I watched interviews about the King Lear production from the National Theatre, directed by Sam Mendes. They were relaxed and fun. The play was still a tragedy. Fun to watch and all, great entertainment, but a tragedy nonetheless.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Good job with the news @skullkrusher. The cars were not stollen in Austria but in Düsseldorf, where they were being prepared. New cars have to be prepared for the shooting. I wonder if the thieves knew they were stealing modified cars! It's not going to be easy to sell them.
    Nice further details about the Obertiliach shooting, Craig is staying in Lienz. Rachel is of Austrian descent, I wonder if she's going with him like she did with the Turkish leg of SF shooting.
  • Is this thing about Megan Young being the (lead) Bond Girl true?

Or is it false gossip? Sorry if this has long been discussed, I haven't been keeping up with this topic.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited November 2014 Posts: 11,139
    You mentioning it is the first I'm hearing of it.

Edit: and I think nothing will come of it if there is some rumour. For starters, she's too young.
    Is this thing about Megan Young being the (lead) Bond Girl true?

Or is it false gossip? Sorry if this has long been discussed, I haven't been keeping up with this topic.

There is no way a 24 year old Filipino American beauty queen will play one of the leading roles in a Sam Mendes film.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Yeah seems doubtful ...very. who is Megan Young anyway?? Never heard of her.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    This rumor needs to die, right now.
  • Is this thing about Megan Young being the (lead) Bond Girl true?

There is no way a 24 year old Filipino American beauty queen will play one of the leading roles in a Sam Mendes film.

But she bloody well should. Definitely Bond worth material ( unlike so many others rumoured )!
    Matt_Helm wrote: »

But she bloody well should. Definitely Bond worth material ( unlike so many others rumoured )!

Just because she looks good? Are you kidding me? There are millions of great looking women out there. They want someone who looks great AND is a great actress.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    When I googled it, I got the Mediamass page. Also something about Megan Fox declining a Bond girl role a few years ago.

But...maybe it was because of this photo posted on her FB (not sure if it is her official one)
    1455923_807842825928093_1812100355220988498_n.jpg?oh=fdf5e47c0e0007424fe992d9c2019e21&oe=55079BAE

surely if you are indeed a Bond girl you would be denying it! And not using Twitter i.e. Sania Mirza who turned out to be presenting a Bond themed program.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    @Matt_Helm if they cast her you would b@thin about how pathetic she was and how we all suck for standing up for her lol

. just messing with ya ..chill.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 2,015

Couldn't you simply post from time to time "I think that..", "In my opinion", etc.. in order to give others the right to have their own opinion ?

I mean, sure, there is no a way a professional wrestler and MMA fighter will play a significant role in a Sam Mendes movie, right ? Oh wait.

And once again, I'm not saying at all she will play a leading role, or even that there's a little chance, but well, that Lea Seydoux fiasco should have acted as a vaccine for some here...

• edited November 2014 Posts: 4,619
    I mean, sure, there is no a way a professional wrestler and MMA fighter will play a significant role in a Sam Mendes movie, right ? Oh wait.

And once again, I'm not saying she will play a leading role, but well, that Lea Seydoux fiasco should have acted as a vaccine for some here...

Dave Bautista will play the henchman, not a main character. As for Seydoux, she is an accomplished actress (have you seen her in "Blue is the Warmest Color"? she is great!) and not a no name beauty queen.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

Couldn't you simply post from time to time "I think that..", "In my opinion", etc.. in order to give others the right to have their own opinion ?

And once again, I'm not saying at all she will play a leading role, or even that there's a little chance, but well, that Lea Seydoux fiasco should have acted as a vaccine for some here...

Not like Bautista hasn't gotten any film work done. He's coming off a huge success in Guardians of the Galaxy.
  • Matt_Helm wrote: »

Just because she looks good? Are you kidding me? There are millions of great looking women out there. They want someone who looks great AND is a great actress.

Being a stunner was good enough for generation of bond girls (and fans if I might ad). I might being called an old fashioned moaner, still I like my Bond girls smoking hot ( preferably on the good side of 30), the locations exotic and breathtaking and the script at least somehow resembling a honest spy story. But that's just me,obviously.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    An actor like Bautista is being hired for his intimidating presence and to be a real physical threat to Bond and a tool used by the main villain. He is all of that and, as seen in Guardians of the Galaxy, on screen charisma.
    The best Bond girls have always had the looks and the acting skills, right from the start. It's not enough to have a pretty face and a decent body if you can't act (Stacey Sutton, anyone?).
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Acting is important - just look at Daniela in FRWL. It was too bad she had to be dubbed, but her acting is really fine. She is sexy, vulnerable, manipulated, desperate, all the role required.
    I spoke to a family friend of mine this morning who has several friendship ties associated with Bond productions. He was very accurate with SF info last time around (including clarifying numerous rumours). He stated the following to me today:

- Bond conference to be held at Pinewood this Thursday.
    - The Bond 24 title is to be called
    Spectre

I'm taking it with a pinch of salt until we get confirmation but on previous record, he has always been highly reliable with what he's told me.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 96
    slyfox wrote: »
    I spoke to a family friend of mine this morning who has several friendship ties associated with Bond productions. He was very accurate with SF info last time around (including clarifying numerous rumours). He stated the following to me today:

Spectre

I'm taking it with a pinch of salt until we get confirmation but on previous record, he has always been highly reliable with what he's told me.

I don't know what to say.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---

Spectre

then what i don't understand is...
    what would then be the point in all the supposed secrecy and supposed misdirections surrounding Waltz's character.... lets say that this title of SPECTRE is true - and lets assume that the recent press rumors about Waltz's character being announced as Oberhauser are also true... announcing the next Bond film as SPECTRE completely undermines that secrecy - you might as well just now come out and saw that Waltz will be Blofeld - unless, he really wont be playing him at all, and Blofeld will be yet to be revealed (ala FRWL and TB)..... who knows.... i find that title nailing it a bit too close on the head of all these recent rumors to be true..... but we shall see....
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Love the new title. Short, sweet and very marketable.
    I am happy to go with that.
    Thank you to your friend @slyfox!
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia
    My response
    That would be pretty shocking. Not doubting your source as I obviously have no insight, but would be a very interesting choice. Not sure how I feel.
  • Acting is important - just look at Daniela in FRWL. It was too bad she had to be dubbed, but her acting is really fine. She is sexy, vulnerable, manipulated, desperate, all the role required.

Absolutely, just as did Auger in TB. Btw, both former misses (Italy and France). Didn't hurt their required acting capabilities. That's exactly my point. You don't have to be able to give Lady Macbeth to star in a Bond film.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly

Cannes 2009
    Hilary+Swank+Lea+Seydoux+Chopard+Trophy+2009+C-GroG4NL5Pl.jpg

Actress Lea Seydoux is awarded 'Swann d'Or' Best Actress during 26th Cabourg Romantic Film Festival on June 16, 2012 in Cabourg, France.
    146495939-actress-lea-seydoux-is-awarded-swann-dor-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QVmPm%2ByL1p%2FKmn68qrrD6VCte8qqQSVp2Hrr8IWWiHi6
    http://misterteesmovieclic.zeclic.fr/2012/06/17/cabourg-recompense-les-stars-du-jeune-cinema-francais/
    I'd like it if it was too. And it makes sense that just over a year since the producers won the rights to use Spectre/Blofeld again, they go at it with full force!
    @slyfox thanks for sharing but titles are usually tightly wrapped even from the crew, being known only by only few such as the producers, main cast, and a small circle on an absolute need-to-know basis. You say this person was very reliable in the past, but could he/she be in a position to know the title beforehand? Could that be a working title or keyword? It's just that the title would be a huge spoiler in itself! Just like you I'll take it with a (big) grain of salt.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Spectre

Hmmm, interesting...we shall soon see but as a title, it's not half bad.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,622
    I am taking it with no salt. I very much like that title so I will consider it a done deal until Eon proves otherwise. :D
    I very much trust @slyfox's sources here. Now if we could get @marketto to double check with his sources, its a lock!
    ==
    btw, isn't that Swank in the picture above with Seydoux. Hmmm. Did Lea vouch for her friend?
    Could the rumours be true?