SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Great read, thanks for sharing the link.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    This is worse that waiting for Christmas ! :))
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    DrGorner wrote: »
    This is worse that waiting for Christmas ! :))

Very much agreed

• leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    It's a shame they have decided against the press conference. It is a break with Bond tradition. But I wonder if that had anything to do with the alleged plot details leaking. And as others have said and with no disrespect with Javier Bardem but casting Cristoph Waltz is huge and the PC would just be "I cannot possiblly comment on that' when asked all kinds of questions about his character and role in the film. I can see why they decided to not do the PC.

The photo call with confirmation of the title and full cast will be a great early Christmas present. It cannot come soon enough.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    As had been mentioned previously, not all Bond films had press conferences.
    As had been mentioned previously, not all Bond films had press conferences.
    I stand corrected. The media were widely reporting that there would be a PC, not that they get everything right though ;)

• CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    edited November 2014 Posts: 292

To put a few minds at rest.... there is no panic on the timeline of production. What is reported and what is assumed is not the same was what is actually happening. BOND 24 no doubt has a few tricks and coups up its sleeve and keeping them to one side could well be the preferred action rather than a full-on conference where questions are hard to navigate (in any situation). And of course there will be a press unveiling. It is a grand Eon tradition, but within the different parameters of each film. Looking at previous films' announcements is utterly futile.

And as 2015's mammoth box office year approaches it might well be in BOND 24's favour to keep its poker cards close to its chest.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    To put a few minds at rest.... there is no panic on the timeline of production. What is reported and what is assumed is notP the same was what is actually happening. BOND 24 no doubt has a few tricks and coups up its sleeve and keeping them to one side could well be the preferred action rather than a full-on conference where questions are hard to navigate (in any situation). And of course there will be a press unveiling. It is a grand Eon tradition, but within the different parameters of each film. Looking at previous films' announcements is utterly futile.

And as 2015's mammoth box office year approaches it might well be in BOND 24's favour to keep its poker cards close to its chest.
    Mark thats well said thanks.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited November 2014 Posts: 1,727
    Germanlady wrote: »
    QOS held their PC plus photo call 3 weeks after shooting began. Maybe they do it in Austria.

In a small alpine village in the middle of nowhere?

Sölden is a large wintersport resort, I've skied there a few times and it's not at all inconceivable that they'd hold it there.
    And if not then the PC could be held in Innsbruck, very nearby and plenty of scope for a big press event.
    AceHole wrote: »
    QOS held their PC plus photo call 3 weeks after shooting began. Maybe they do it in Austria.

In a small alpine village in the middle of nowhere?

Sölden is a large wintersport resort, I've skied there a few times and it's not at all inconceivable that they'd hold it there.
    And if not then the PC could be held in Innsbruck, very nearby and plenty of scope for a big press event.

They will more than likely hold a press conference for the local press somewhere in Austria (just like they did in Turkey suring the production of Skyfall) but I don't see them holding the main press event / photo call somewhere other than London.
  • Bounine wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    They might not even know a title.

Maybe, but that would be really embarrassing for them.

Why?

Because they had two years to come up with a title. Who can't come up with a decent Bond title in two years? But don't get me wrong, I am not worried. I am absolutely sure they will announce the title before the end of next week.

DAD was 2 months into production before the title was announced. QOS started filming on Jan. 3, but the press conference and title announcement was not until Jan. 24.

So we'll either get a title next week or not. If not, it means that haven't found one that all interested parties agree on (EON, Mendes, MGM, Sony). They might have several that they are considering. They don't really need a title until before the first teaser comes out. If they don't have one they like yet, they're not going to just pick one out of the hat to have it ready for the photo-call.

Hopefully we find out next week. But if not, it doesn't mean the world is ending.

There is no title yet there will be a press conference when there is a title ..... At least that is my guess
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

The Taliban was fined a lot more for damaging the Buddha statues. Or were they?
    So no press conference for Bond 24? Dam they are really keeping their card close to their chest. They really don't want leaks at all.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    So no press conference for Bond 24? Dam they are really keeping their card close to their chest. They really don't want leaks at all.
    Do they??? Press Conference 4th December??? http://lecercleclub.com/2014/11/27/flash-news-il-4-dicembre-la-conferenza-stampa-di-presentazione-di-bond-24/

:-O 8-}
    @ggl007 yessssss! thanks for this information :)
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,619
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Do they??? Press Conference 4th December??? http://lecercleclub.com/2014/11/27/flash-news-il-4-dicembre-la-conferenza-stampa-di-presentazione-di-bond-24/

Next thursday it is. There is a petty good chance the title, the full cast, and a short synopsis will be revealed 6 days from now! Even if it's just a photo call, they will still say something. It would be pretty awkward for them to just enter the room, pose for photos and then leave...
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    ggl007 wrote: »

finally :)>-
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Great news !
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited November 2014 Posts: 1,756
    Perhaps a better source than that?
    I guess the photocall only post was wrong.
    See, like I said, I @Marketto's a reliable and trusted guy and we all appreciate his valuable contributions but when he can offer no proof other than his word, it was always going to be a rumour. What ever info he was given was subject to variables and as such, I've proven my point as this latest news confirms. The fear mongering and OTT panicking yesterday from a few here was quite embarrassing.
  • It's possible that it could be billed as a news conference but they don't take questions. I'm not saying that will happen. But it has happened in the past (i.e. the National Rifle Assocation in the U.S.). We'll see.
    this news was tweeted on the 25th November - citing a GB source but easy to miss this in the millions of tweets
    I believe, Marketto will be proven right with a photocall only, which doesn't mean, they may NOT give out title and whole cast.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I guess the photocall only post was wrong.

I love your reaction and yet, there was no proof or evidence to corroborate the one poster who shared with us the detail and instead of waiting for some sort of news that supported it, some were declaring the end of the world. As Bond fans you'd think by now we could exercise a bit more patience but I guess that's what hype does.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S

The origins of that "news story" is from a American clickbait site. Hence, it's fake.
    I believe, Marketto will be proven right with a photocall only, which doesn't mean, they may NOT give out title and whole cast.

Do you want to bet? There is no way they won't announce the title and the cast.