SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• RC7RC7
    Germanlady wrote: »
    I think, it makes NO sense at all to go into this NOW

Agreed. I have to wonder if people have enough going on in their real lives.
    Fresh news!!! Won't have a Press Conference prior to filming, just a Photocall.

So they don't want to talk and don't want to aswer questions. That does not sound good at all... I smell trouble.
    Might just mean they don't want to give away that Blofeld is back. Or something.
    Do we know, when it will be?
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,619
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Fresh news!!! Won't have a Press Conference prior to filming, just a Photocall.

So they don't want to talk and don't want to aswer questions. That does not sound good at all... I smell trouble.
    Might just mean they don't want to give away that Blofeld is back. Or something.

They could easily hold a press conference without giving away that Blofeld is back... I believe there is a possibility that Mendes is not happy about the production and it was his decision to cancel the press conference.

By the way, how does a guy from South America get all these news while nobody in Europe knows anything?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I learnt from previews years to protect my sources, and I'm this carrying both for JBBR and life, so I'm affraid I can't say the source folks, sorry. But it's an official one I must say, trust me. :)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    So it's some nice photos but no news then?
    DrGorner wrote: »
    So it's some nice photos but no news then?

They will probably still announce the title. If not, then at least we will know that Bond 24 truly is doomed. When was the last time there have been two great Bond films back to back? We should have learned our lesson by now...
    Marketto WHEN?
    Marketto WHEN?

Have no idea.
  • This to me makes total sense. Mendes went on the record during the initial press conference for SF that he found the experience uncomfortable as he was essentially there to talk about a film that he couldn't really talk about.

The press around Bond films are usually nuts, there will be the typical blitz of press intrusion and set visits when the Bond team leave Pinewood. Numerous outlets will post about the film throughout the year during this period so it makes sense for them not to reveal too much yet.

Furthermore, the Daily Mail's recent Blofeld news may have put EON on the back-foot especially since they reveal the sleight-of-hand they hoped to pull off with the Franz Oberhauser reveal. I'm excited nonetheless, @marketto007 any idea when it will be?!?!
    This to me makes total sense. Mendes went on the record during the initial press conference for SF that he found the experience uncomfortable as he was essentially there to talk about a film that he couldn't really talk about.

But they could talk about so many things without saying anything about the plot...
    I'm excited nonetheless, @marketto007 any idea when it will be?!?!

Unfortunately not my friend, the only official words I received was there's only will have a Photocall, instead of a Press Conference.
    This to me makes total sense. Mendes went on the record during the initial press conference for SF that he found the experience uncomfortable as he was essentially there to talk about a film that he couldn't really talk about.

The press around Bond films are usually nuts, there will be the typical blitz of press intrusion and set visits when the Bond team leave Pinewood. Numerous outlets will post about the film throughout the year during this period so it makes sense for them not to reveal too much yet.

Furthermore, the Daily Mail's recent Blofeld news may have put EON on the back-foot especially since they reveal the sleight-of-hand they hoped to pull off with the Franz Oberhauser reveal. I'm excited nonetheless, @marketto007 any idea when it will be?!?!

This is what I'm suspecting. Yes, they can hide the truth, but might just be embarrassing to be asked constantly about Blofeld returning.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 6,601
    Look above. He has no idea.

Marketto - is there a certain "tone" in the way its reported? That gives an idea, whether its something P2D says or that indeed something is not on par, which I firmly believe, is not the case. Just your impression.
    This is what I'm suspecting. Yes, they can hide the truth, but might just be embarrassing to be asked constantly about Blofeld returning.

They could easily hold a press conference and not allow questions... I say it's time to press this button: http://a.mytrend.it/inte/2014/10/544515/o.258942.jpg
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 5,745
    Please stop touting the Blofeld rumors as fact. There more likely than not may be no "Franz Oberhauser" sleight of hand.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    This is actually official? no conference?
    To get this right. There is no PC NOW or AT ALL?
    Pajan005 wrote: »
    This is actually official? no conference?

Not official, but you can always trust marketto007 .
  • Ludovico wrote: »

They could easily hold a press conference and not allow questions...

Hahaha, what would be the point of a press conference where no one asks any questions?

You will likely be getting a photocall and a press release revealing the title, crew, cast and locations, etc, with a few choice quotes from Mendes, EON and Craig.

We know from Baz that a table-read of the script has likely taken place this week or last in London so keep an eye on his Twitter tonight. Thursday around 11pm is typically the time he releases news.

https://twitter.com/BazBam/with_replies
    Hahaha, what would be the point of a press conference where no one asks any questions?

Are you kidding me? The point would be them talking about the movie (they could easily talk about Bond 24 for hours without saying anything about the plot and repeateing themselves if they really wanted to). 99% of the questions are useless anyway.

They could easily hold a press conference and not allow questions... I say it's time to press this button: http://a.mytrend.it/inte/2014/10/544515/o.258942.jpg

that would be way inconspicuous. Anyway, we are far from certain there'll be no conference, are we? Until there's an official announcement, we should remain calm and skeptical.
    Just because there isn't a Press Conference doesn't mean that Sony won't post a Press Release announcing the title, cast, etc.. ;)
    QOS held their PC plus photo call 3 weeks after shooting began. Maybe they do it in Austria.
    QOS held their PC plus photo call 3 weeks after shooting began. Maybe they do it in Austria.

In a small alpine village in the middle of nowhere?
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Jany Temime Dutch did not know that. Welkom terug dan (Welcome Back then). I whas bit afraid to get return of Lindy Hemming.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 512
    JWPepper wrote: »
    Not true, van Hoytema considers himself Dutch, he speaks Dutch. His parents are Dutch. He doesn't consider him Swedish. You mixed it up.

@JWPepper I did not mix up anything. Here is a direct quote from Hoyte van Hoytema:

"I feel like a Swedish cinematographer. [...] I always get irritated when they try to claim me in Holland because I haven’t lived in Holland for 18 years and they never wanted me as a cinematographer; they rejected me out of the film school twice, they never gave me a nice job. Holland has done nothing for me in terms of everything that’s in that way important to me. I’m very happy that Sweden has been generous enough to adopt me. So they should claim me 100%."

Source: http://www.thedaysofyore.com/hoyte-van-hoytema/

According to a Dutch journalist who interviewed Nolan a Swedish journalist called Van Hoytema a Swede. Nolan responded and corrected: 'No, he's totally Dutch".
    source:

+

In this video, when asked about how much he feels himself Dutch (around the 00:50 min mark) he replies: "Actually 100%."

This is the XXIst century. There's little nowhere to find anymore.

• edited November 2014 Posts: 6,601

Yes, Sölden is a very exclusive area and they have big hotels with spacy rooms. And I didn't say they WILL, just that they might.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,622
    There could be a myriad of practical reasons for not holding a formal press conference.
    Remember the press conference's only purpose is to promote the film. It's a marketing gambit. They may have done a cost-beneifit analysis and determined there are more efficient means to market the film.
    Press conferences are a big production. They involve all sorts of logistics and staging considerations and costs. And they can fall apart if you can't get the right people there, all at the same time.
    As we saw from the last two effforts, they dodge most of the questions anyway.
    I would not be surprised if Mendes had made it known, he might wish to avoid such a dog-and-pony show, this time around, especially when he can't reasonably answer much of what is being asked and might want to be focused on his work, rather than talking about it.
    And if they were planning on introducing a Waltz as Oberhauser ruse, and that cat is out of the bag, that might be offputting too, as the Waltz as Blofeld question, was guaranteed to come up.
    Just seems there any number of reasons for deep-sixing the hassle of a full-blown press conference.
    A controlled photo-op and controlled official announcment could very well serve their advance marketing needs, better than a long-winded news conference.
    You have to admit, the SF presser was tedious to listen to. Torture even.
    The odd probing queston ( as opposed to the barrage of fawning questions) was generally dismissed.
    An official announcment combined with a photo call could very well accomplish what they need to get done.
    The best part of the SF presser, IMO, was all the great photos it produced, and not much else.
    I still cringe at some of the lame answers we were burdened with, because the principals couldn't rightly disclose the answers at that point, if they even knew the answers.