SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Pajan005 wrote: »
    I remember seeing the Moneypenny rumors during filming

Journalists asked the question to Naomi Harris during the press conference. So must have been earlier.

I am trying not to be too enthusiastic about Blofeld returning. It may not happen.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    To be honest, no matter who is playing a villain or friend Bond24 is building
    A fantastic cast list. With no shortage of skill behind the camera either.
    My hopes are high that Bond24 is going to be something special. :)
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    The script reading with all actors should be going on soon.

A script read-through (or table read as the US call it) normally happen just a few days before the start of principle photography so that all the crew, cast etc. get a feel for the entire film in a single reading. It also gives the writers a chance to hear their words spoken by the cast actors and therefore gives them the opportunity to go back and fine tune.

I would guess Bond 24 read-through will be towards the end of this month.

According to people in the know, the read-through will last about two weeks. Just like it did in the case of Skyfall.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Also, I too now think that Lea is going to be the main Bond girl. If she isn't then I'm of the mind Eon have or will cast a big name actress for the role but I think with Waltz' casting announcement I think we have the principle cast ready.
    Maybe the Baz will give us some more this week.
    When does the press conference take place? i have not heard any news about it thus far.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    The script reading with all actors should be going on soon.

A script read-through (or table read as the US call it) normally happen just a few days before the start of principle photography so that all the crew, cast etc. get a feel for the entire film in a single reading. It also gives the writers a chance to hear their words spoken by the cast actors and therefore gives them the opportunity to go back and fine tune.

I would guess Bond 24 read-through will be towards the end of this month.

According to people in the know, the read-through will last about two weeks. Just like it did in the case of Skyfall.

I think you are getting mixed up with rehearsals - which on average last a week, sometimes two weeks (although Mendes avoids pre-staging scenes in rehearsals due to the long schedule - i.e. it might be months before they actually shoot the scene in reality).

A read-through is gathering of the cast and key crew including the writers, producers etc. to sit in a comfortable room (the Green Room in Pinewood's Mansion House most likely) to read the script through in one sitting. So, say the script is 120 pages - and the basic rule of thumb is (approx) a page per minute - the read-through will take about two hours or so.

The director normally introduces all the cast present for the read-through and the script supervisor (or an AD) often reads the stage directions.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I hope this is not the principal cast.... Seems unfinished and less than stellar at this point. For the follow up to the biggest Bond of all I would expect at least 2 more important cast additions (I'm afraid a WWE wrestler does not cut it for me, although Seydoux & Waltz are definitely to my liking).
    Depends what the wrestler will need to do. If he's a mere muscleman, then he should work fine, as long as he has a bit of presence and menace. Wasn't the actor playing Luca Brasi a former wrestler?
    I'm not knocking having a wrester in it at all.

Just that I expect a few more big names for B24 before they wrap up casting, since it is an event movie (following up SF which actually beat TDKR globally in box office receipts, and probably was the #1 movie of 2012, when you strip out the fact that Avengers benefited from inflated 3D pricing).

The casting list seems underwhelming at the moment, despite the addition of Waltz & Seydoux. I'm expecting one more recognizable name addition at least. They'll need it to create buzz for the presentation/press.
    To be fair, it's a new Bond film; that in itself is buzz enough but I see what you're getting at.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,619
    bondjames wrote: »
    The casting list seems underwhelming at the moment, despite the addition of Waltz & Seydoux. I'm expecting one more recognizable name addition at least. They'll need it to create buzz for the presentation/press.

Nothing underwhelming about the casting so far if you consider this: There are 5 actors who had a noteworthy role in Skyfall and are not returning. They are Judi Dench, Javier Bardem, Albert Finney, Berenice Marlohe and Ola Rapace. We only know of three new actors joining Bond 24 and I expect two more to do so (not considering the very small roles).

Léa Seydoux > Berenice Marlohe
    Dave Bautista > Ola Rapace
    and Christoph Waltz is no worse than either Albert Finney or Javier Bardem
    Most Bond movies have little big names and very few casted big stars. Even actors like Javier Bardem are more famous veterans than Hollywood stars. And even when there's a big actor or actress being cast, the rest of the casting is not all stars. With Ralph Fences, Christoph Waltz, I find Bond 24 to have plenty of big names.
    Agreed. At least two more (whether consequential or inconsequential roles) have to be added. One of them will be female, I'm sure of it.

The wild card is a possible male addition that may or may not be a sub-villain/main villain to play off Waltz.
    The question is does Waltz have the role that was rumoured for Ejiofor? Unless there were.important rewrites, I find it unlikely.
    I agree. Although the recent rewrites may have been to tailor it for Waltz.

I have to admit, they've kept this one under wraps really well. No rumours at all about plot.
  • bondjames wrote: »
    I hope this is not the principal cast.... Seems unfinished and less than stellar at this point. For the follow up to the biggest Bond of all I would expect at least 2 more important cast additions (I'm afraid a WWE wrestler does not cut it for me, although Seydoux & Waltz are definitely to my liking).

I'm really not enamoured of this way of thinking. Until SF ( and not counting Halle Berry in DAD) the Bond franchise has been doing quite ( some say even exceedingly ) well without resorting to a plethora of big names. More than almost any series (or stand alone) movie Bond films have always been dependent on the globetrotting and exotic factor ( aspects that have been handled quite unsuccessful and even embarrassing in SF). If they follow further on the Mendes path they might end up with a dour and pseudo dramatic image. So many people refer to SFs Box Office success to prove they must have been doing everything right, while I would argue,that just about every Bond movie, which would feature M (let me repeat M!!!) dying and Bond crying, would have been an outstanding success. These are events so unusual for Bond, that just about everyone,who knew only the slightest bit about the franchise wanted to see them. Add to this the extreme heavy campaign, the jubilee factor and the Queen parachuting with 007 and you have a recipe for financial success, doesn't matter how unsatisfying the end product might be ( just look at Star Wars episode 1. EVERYONE hated it with a passion and still it made tons of money.)
    Look, I'm not suggesting that they remake DAD.

I just am underwhelmed with the cast list at present and am expecting some interesting additions (either critically acclaimed or marquee names do not matter to me).

I hope I'm clear.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    edited November 2014 Posts: 432
    I'm sure the film is already casted. We will know who else is in it soon. Or probably December for the conference.
    Look, I'm not suggesting that they remake DAD.

I never meant to imply that.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 23,883
    Sorry. I misunderstood. And I was not suggesting that EON should pander only to B.O. success (that would not be the way to go. They've done that already in the 90's with disastrous end results).

I just think that they've put Bond back on the cultural movie relevancy map now (thanks to SF's B.O. success, no matter what we may think about the movie) and I think they owe us a few more critically chosen names for the cast. I'm sure we're going to get them, and I'm hoping I'm happy with the choices.

You're right, Bond crying while holding M was a low point (I don't recall him shedding so many tears for Vesper). Anything to bring the crowd in I guess.

Are you kidding me? How would you have reacted when the casting for CR was announced. Eva Green? Mads Mikkelsen? Caterina Marino? Not big name actors at that time, but certainly wunderful actors who helped CR becoming a Bond film with more "soul", better, complex character's.

It's only since SF that a big name wants to link himself to a role in a Bond film. SF set a benchmark. Waltz is a magnificent actor. At this stage I'm already astonished by the names.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 23,883
    I'm not necessarily suggesting big. I'm suggesting critically acclaimed & interesting. And I'm suggesting at least one big name addition (along the likes of Finney rather than Berry)

All the CR actors were very interesting to me. I knew who they were and was relieved that Bond was going that route rather than the DAD route with casting.

I've already stated that I'm happy with Seydoux & Waltz.

I want a few more, that's all. Call me greedy. They deserve an oscar nom. Strike while the iron is hot & be ambitious.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    karl007 wrote: »
    When does the press conference take place? i have not heard any news about it thus far.

We still don't know unfortunately. It will be announced anytime soon.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I thought I read 6th December somewhere?
    edited November 2014 Posts: 11,139
    According to the below Waltz isn't the villain but an ally

edit: the article confirms jack crap; actually. Sorry folks.

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/51121/20141117/james-bond-24-movie-news-christoph-waltz-not-the-bad-guy-actor-playing-some-ally-to-daniel-craig-in-movie-video.htm
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    I thought I read 6th December somewhere?

Just rumours. But I believe it was Bamigboye who claimed 6th december, so it might be true.
    From what i read, this article is based on nothing new. Only someone making own assumptions. We still know nothing valid about his role. It could be everything.
  • Campbell2Campbell2 Epsilon Rho Rho house, Bending State University
    edited November 2014 Posts: 299
    How about #24 was actually 'Blofeld', wouldn't that be a title?
    Campbell2 wrote: »
    How about #24 was actually 'Blofeld', wouldn't that be a title?

Yes, that would be something.