SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

Blofeld is not coming back in this film.

Mendes only agreed to make Bond 24 as a standalone film.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    So what? Did Mendes say he didn't want to use Q or MP because he was doing a stand alone film at the time with SF?

I'm not saying Blofeld will or will not be in Bond 24 but that's dodgy reasoning for Blofeld to not show up right there.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Blofeld is not coming back in this film.

Mendes only agreed to make Bond 24 as a standalone film.
    How does this prove that Blofeld isn't returning? It's not like he has to appear at the end.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    317.gif
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

317.gif
    I feel the exact same way about Quantum returning.
    I dont want to see Quantum return either.

Stand alone films are better IMO. They have their own theme.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,588
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I dont want to see Quantum return either.

Stand alone films are better IMO. They have their own theme.
    From what we know already, I think Bond 24 will technically be a stand alone film, in a sense that Bond's mission won't be connected to Skyfall's, but the characters are still affected by the events in Skyfall.
  • FRWL, and TB were stand alone films and they still featured Blofeld! I'm indifferent about Quantum in a way, but I definitely do want Blofeld to return, and for those who say he never will are just kidding themselves. It's only a matter of time. Also, for the nay-sayers, "IF" Blofeld were to return, would you not want him to be played by a great actor like Waltz?
    OMFG.... the last 12 pages don't contain a single piece of real news. All I'm hearing is about this guy they call "Blofeld". WTF(!)
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 6,844
    This thread really has run wild with baseless speculation at times. The good news is that real news should be pouring in any day now and we'll have something concrete to discuss. Unless of course the name of Christoph Waltz's character isn't revealed, or it is and it coincidentally happens to begin with a 'B.' ;)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    So far, Blofeld has appeared in 8 movies and they were all stand-alone movies.
  • RC7RC7
    Zekidk wrote: »
    OMFG.... the last 12 pages don't contain a single piece of real news. All I'm hearing is about this guy they call "Blofeld". WTF(!)

It is very tiresome. Not helped by the fact a lot of the reasoning is pre-school level.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Walecs wrote: »
    7 by Wikipedia's counting. Which is your number 8?

• RC7 wrote: »
    Zekidk wrote: »

It is very tiresome. Not helped by the fact a lot of the reasoning is pre-school level.

Indeed, there's a separate topic for these discussions. Check: http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1760/bond-24-so-who-s-going-to-play-ernst-in-future-bond-installments#latest

Still, I think in every comment there's at least a bit of truth, or hidden advice that can be used. @RC7, Do you actually have a less pre-school-like argument for the "Blofeld discussion"?
    Okay, let's not speculate too much about Blofeld here. I'm all for his return, but there's very little evidence he might. Logan said a while ago that Bond should always fight Blofeld. When everything is said, that's pretty much it. And they have the rights to the character again. Yes, Waltz fits the bill. But so would have Wiseman, Lee, Krabbe and many more, who did not play Blofeld.
  • Ludovico wrote: »
    Okay, let's not speculate too much about Blofeld here. I'm all for his return, but there's very little evidence he might. Logan said a while ago that Bond should always fight Blofeld. When everything is said, that's pretty much it. And they have the rights to the character again. Yes, Waltz fits the bill. But so would have Wiseman, Lee, Krabbe and many more, who did not play Blofeld.

I think it's better to say: "There's little evidence Blofeld and SPECTRE might return. But there's also little evidence that Blofeld and SPECTRE will not return at all."

In any case, the last part of my sentence is already questionable, as there are quite a few developments that suggest the brand names "Blofeld" and "SPECTRE" will be re-awakened. To put these developments into open ended questions:

--> Why did MGM and Danjaq put so much effort in re-acquiring the rights to "Blofeld" and "SPECTRE"?
    (article: http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11158&t=mi6&s=news )

--> Why did Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson openly said back in November 2012 that they believed "Blofeld" and "SPECTRE" now can be used?
    quote from Ms Broccoli: "No, I think it's still out there, but we just don't refer to it in this particular film." Tantalisingly, Wilson reveals that they have the rights to bring back Blofeld and SPECTRE, cornerstones of big-screen Bond that vanished in legal battles for long decades. Broccoli: "We believe we can use them."
    (article/image: http://www.the007dossier.com/007dossier/Magazines/sfx-2012-11-nov/sfx-2012-11-nov-050-050.jpg )

So actually @Ludovico, there's at least some evidence that shows EON Productions do not want to put "Blofeld" and "SPECTRE" to the graveyards.
    You cannot prove a negative, so the default position would be that Blofeld will not show up in Bond 24, until we have more info and evidence to the contrary. I want him to show up, providing it is done well. I see many things about the production that fit a return of Blofeld, but no true evidence and thus I can only say it is confirmation bias.
  • RC7RC7
    tumblr_mjsq70B0sj1rv9jato1_250.gif
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    7 by Wikipedia's counting. Which is your number 8?
    My bad, I meant 7. Doesn't change the point, though.
    RC7 wrote: »

Quid?
  • Ludovico wrote: »

Quid?

He's obviously referring to my last post in here. I copy-pasted it to the Blofeld-topic :-). Sorry @RC7. Next time use words.
  • RC7RC7
    Ludovico wrote: »

Quid?

You should try it, it's strangely cathartic.

But there's also little evidence that Blofeld and SPECTRE will not return at all."

There is little evidence Pierce Brosnan won't show up in Bond 24.
    There is little evidence Eminem won't sing the main song of the movie.
    There is little evidence Judi Dench won't return as the long lost twin sister of M.
    There is little evidence Bond won't return to the Republic of Isthmus.
    There is little evidence Bond won't have a cameo role in Mission:Impossible 5.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2014 Posts: 23,883
    One thing that is quite certain is that there is going to be another villain (an obvious one). Particularly if, as Baz suggests, that Waltz's role is not all that clear in the beginning.

So, as I've said before, I suspect that we have one more big name to be announced (and that has been hid very well to date).

As I've also said, I'd prefer if Blofeld is not used again. Keep him in the chimney stack/shoot where he was dropped in FYEO.

However, I believe that B24 will have a more ambitious plot than SF, and will likely be more global in nature (I think this is going to be Craig's TB, TSWLM, or TND), although I'm not sure if it will be world domination focused. That seems to lend itself to either Blofeld, or a Blofeld type character.
    bondjames wrote: »
    One thing that is quite certain is that there is going to be another villain (an obvious one). Particularly if, as Baz suggests, that Waltz's role is not all that clear in the beginning.

This is very reminiscent of Fleming's short story Risico. Given that the name is still available, one may guess that Waltz's role is akin to that of Columbo (first foe, then friend) and that someone like Kristatos is the main villain. I know that there is not much more to this story than what was included in FYEO, but IF they should go with Risico as the title, then I bet this twist of the short story is what they will build upon in the Bond 24 script.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Something new... Just to talk about something different...

http://translate.google.it/translate?hl=it&amp;sl=de&amp;tl=en&amp;u=http://www.kleinezeitung.at/k/kaernten/osttirol/4595896/OBERTILLIACH_Zwei-Hektar-Parkplatz-fur-BondTrucks

"In East Tyrol is currently being discussed at each corner on one topic: James Bond"
    "Soon roll on cranes for the spectacular plane crash. Where an aircraft is suspended to it then blow."
    "The secrecy has but coming to an end - the beginning of December there is the first official press conference."
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Thanks for the info @ggl007.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    thanks for the news @ggl007 !

*goes off to clear schedule for the first week of December* :D
  • But there's also little evidence that Blofeld and SPECTRE will not return at all."

There is little evidence Pierce Brosnan won't show up in Bond 24.
    There is little evidence Eminem won't sing the main song of the movie.
    There is little evidence Judi Dench won't return as the long lost twin sister of M.
    There is little evidence Bond won't return to the Republic of Isthmus.
    There is little evidence Bond won't have a cameo role in Mission:Impossible 5.

Yeah well, have a cheesecake.
    Two little things in the "Kleine Zeitung" article that may or may not be worth noting:
    - The article says that the first official press conference will be at the beginning of December (could be that this info originated on this forum).
    - The article mentions, for the first time, the name of the production company: EON Productions, finally confirming what everybody kind of knew: Filming is for Bond 24.