SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• edited November 2014 Posts: 1,965
    My prediction I don't think Blofeld, SPECTURE, or Quantum will be in Bond 24.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I have to admit, I'm torn between " NO remakes or returning villains" as I hate that idea.Then thinking But it would be cool to have a contemporary take on Blofeld. Even make him closer to the Blofeld of the novels but with a modern twist. I just don't know.
  • Indifferent about Blofeld, though if it was announced I am sure it would create quite a lot of attention for the film without a doubt. He is Bonds Moriarty, though I always preferred Blofeld in FRWL and TB. Outside that Savalas was the best IMO.
    Agreed, I loved Telly as Blofeld, He was fantastic.
    Savalas is my favorite Blofeld.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    FoxRox wrote: »

Seconded.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 11,119
    Murdock wrote: »

Seconded.

My favourite Blofeld too. And the best "American language" Bond villain :-). I love these tiny "smirks" and "motorical gay-ness-es" villains have. Just watch him putting that little christmas decoration in the tree. Simply marvellous ;-). Similar to Silva's hand movements at times. Love it.
    Murdock wrote: »

Seconded.

My favourite Blofeld too. And the best "American language" Bond villain :-)

With a voice that is ever so smooth!

• DrGorner wrote: »
    Agreed, I loved Telly as Blofeld, He was fantastic.
    He had the charm and presence, and he meant what he said. Savalas I felt was Bonds equal in his portrayel of Blofeld.
  • Telly is the only good Blofeld in the whole series! Thats the tragedy here. Blofeld is such a great character but he was only done well once, and even that time, he wasn't done right!
    I agree Telly was def the best Blofeld. After reading YOLT I'm very mad EON fucked up with YOLT movie. Think of how great it would have been for Telly to play Blofeld starting with OHMSS, then in YOLT, and then in DAF. Would have been great.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,588
    My idea of how the Rome car chase should turn out:

The chase happens mid-way through the movie. James Bond and Lea Seydoux are chasing Dave Bautista to try and prevent him from delivering a bomb to the coliseum. The exhilarating car chase continues through the streets of Rome, until Bond and Lea loose sight of Bautista. Bond then tells Lea to navigate the wheel of his Aston Martin DB 10. But after Lea takes her eye of the road for 2 seconds as Bond searches for Bautista, she inadvertently slams the car into one of the fountains at the Via Quattro Fontane intersection, sending her flying through the windshield and causing Bond to bang his head and knock himself out. He wakes up 10 minutes later in a flipped car and sees people running in the opposite direction, indicating that Bautista succeeded in his plan. Bond looks around and Lea is nowhere to be found. It is presumed she is dead and Bond blames himself for her death, though Bond finds her soon after in Austria, where he realizes she is a French intelligence agent.
  • mcdonbb wrote: »
    Lol funny ...quick question. Someone said Waltz first two time Oscar winner in the series but wasn't Dench also a multi Oscar winner???

I apologize if this was answered already. She's a multi-nominee.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001132/awards?ref_=nm_ql_2
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    (deleted)

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    No need to apologize... she did win one Oscar and several nominations ..quite impressive. =D>
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    (deleted)
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 2,081
    This is great news! If I'm really nitpicking the only problem I do have is that Waltz is a little too obvious a piece of casting. I suppose you could say the same thing about Javier Bardem being hired to play a villain in the previous film though as both Waltz and Bardem are very associated for playing screen baddies. However, the actual role of Silva was about a million miles away from the type of character I thought Bardem was going to play; instead of being flinty, cold-eyed killer he was a camp, eccentric mummy's boy. Maybe Waltz's casting will confound our expectations ---

Well, Bardem would have been "very associated for playing screen baddies" only by people who only knew him from No Country For Old Men. He has had a long career with very varied roles and Skyfall was only I think his 3rd baddie role (and very different from the two previous ones), and few would have seen the other of the previous two. I wouldn't say he was in any way an obvious casting choice for a villain just because he was a killer in No Country. That was 1 role. One.
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    edited November 2014 Posts: 677
    HASEROT wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    New article about Mexico on Mi6-hq.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11577&t=mi6&s=news

The article interestingly mentions that Mexico could very well double for Baja California, Mexico, the location of Blofeld's oil rig control center, as mentioned in Diamonds Are Forever. I think now we're all pretty confident that Blofeld has a serious chance of returning in Bond 24.

from what?? Just because they may be using a similar region of land that was used in DAF??... there is more to Baja California than an Oil Rig setting from a film 40 years ago...

talk about making something out of absolute nothing.... everyone who has a stiffy for Blofeld right now should go take a cold shower.

To be clear, the article doesn't imply anything about HOW the location will be used, we merely reported the other instances of Bond productions shooting on Mexican soil.
    (deleted)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    To anyone out there who would rather see a villain of their own imagination. How would you have done it? For instance, I myself would have given the main villain a very similar characteristic to that of Shakespeare's Aaron, the Moor, who's the most ideal literary villain on my book.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    MI6 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    New article about Mexico on Mi6-hq.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11577&t=mi6&s=news

The article interestingly mentions that Mexico could very well double for Baja California, Mexico, the location of Blofeld's oil rig control center, as mentioned in Diamonds Are Forever. I think now we're all pretty confident that Blofeld has a serious chance of returning in Bond 24.

from what?? Just because they may be using a similar region of land that was used in DAF??... there is more to Baja California than an Oil Rig setting from a film 40 years ago...

talk about making something out of absolute nothing.... everyone who has a stiffy for Blofeld right now should go take a cold shower.

To be clear, the article doesn't imply anything about HOW the location will be used, we merely reported the other instances of Bond productions shooting on Mexican soil.

no, i know that... i was questioning someone's logic of returning to Mexico automatically means Blofeld returning..... thats why i posted my Mexico = return of Prof. Joe Butcher picture lol.
    Yes because I do in fact remember my exact words were Blofeld will DEFINITELY return in Bond 24. But no. All I said was that he has a MUCH BETTER CHANCE of returning than in previous films. Why, oh why do people keep twisting people's words on this forum?
    A fan-made trailer has already been unleashed. Do forgive me if the post violates the rules of this thread.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hNnBjuPa-g4
    Wow! That really is one of the best fan trailers I've seen for Bond 24. Much better than the Come And Dive one. Great find @ClarkDevlin!
    (deleted)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Stop baiting people for an argument @haserot . Please.

I actually quite enjoyed that Bond 24 fan trailer @ClarkDevlin
    Blofelds return seems to be a big topic around Bond 24. Before we all jump to any conclusions I think we should wait (still) for any concrete news confirming this. There's certainly no need to get worked up either way on if he will feature.
    got it..
    I rather enjoyed it myself. :) If the film indeed adopts that path as we've seen in that very own fan-made trailer, then we've indeed got the "best Bond film yet" coming up.
    edited November 2014 Posts: 16,333
    I wouldn't say it's that "big" of a topic. It's just the same few people explaining why Blofeld needs to return and other's who say why he shouldn't. It's just finally spread into the Bond 24 thread because with the news of Waltz being cast a few automatically assumed that he would play Blofeld.
  • Austrian filming to take place in Sölden from Jan 8 & later in Ötztal from Feb 9..http://t.co/vOFKdHgHkI
    Sorry if this has already been answerwd but, the first multi Oscar winner to
    Appear in a Bond film was John Barry who was on screen in TLD. :))