SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,588
    New article about Mexico on Mi6-hq.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=11577&t=mi6&s=news

The article interestingly mentions that Mexico could very well double for Baja California, Mexico, the location of Blofeld's oil rig control center, as mentioned in Diamonds Are Forever. I think now we're all pretty confident that Blofeld has a serious chance of returning in Bond 24.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 14,888
    I don't think Mendes will do an Abrams. For one, IF Waltz play Blofeld, they didn't make the mistake of a youthful casting and have the villain played by a Brit. Khan in the last ST movie was nothing like Khan should have been, just another Joker wannabe psycho.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 4,619
    Comparing Abrams to Mendes is like comparing McDonalds to a three Michelin starred restaurant.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    As long as Purvis and Wade are still writers for Bond. I don't have any faith that they could do justice to the Blofeld character.
    Well consider me suitably impressed with that casting!!!! And i wonder where Mexico fits in to the story! Ally or foe? Waltz is a class appointment! :-bd

Would assume the press conference would be before the shoot begins as it is a hectic time for all of them!
  • Murdock wrote: »
    As long as Purvis and Wade are still writers for Bond. I don't have any faith that they could do justice to the Blofeld character.

Logan started out solo on this. P&W only came in to help, and then we got a polish from Butterworth, so basically its the same exact team that did Skyfall, so if you enjoyed that/have faith in the team that did that, then have faith that they can deliver a good Blofeld. And, who better to act as him than Waltz?
  • Waltz is inspired casting, he is aloof and understated. Will make a complex character with good material.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    (deleted)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote: »

Logan started out solo on this. P&W only came in to help, and then we got a polish from Butterworth, so basically its the same exact team that did Skyfall, so if you enjoyed that/have faith in the team that did that, then have faith that they can deliver a good Blofeld. And, who better to act as him than Waltz?

Skyfall was polished by Logan. And now it's the other way around. That makes me nervous. I have faith in Waltz but as I've stated many many times. Blofeld needs to stay in the past. I'd rather he not show up again rather than being potentially ruined again.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    (deleted)
    Dead Horse Fallacy.
    (deleted)
    HASEROT wrote: »
    Comparing Abrams to Mendes is like comparing McDonalds to a three Michelin starred restaurant.

i didn't know Michelin Tires rated restaurants? ;;)

download_zpsb8437620.png

Whaat? Do you live under a rock? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelin_Guide
    Although I agree that right now evidence for Blofeld's return is pretty slim, we do have at least words from Logan that he thinks Bond should always fight Blofeld, we know they have now secured the rights for the character AND we now have casting rumours and character's rumours that could fit Blofeld. AND we know they have in the last movie reintroduced recurring characters in SF.
    (deleted)
    (deleted)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    jake24 wrote: »
    I too am overjoyed about the Christoph Waltz casting, and would also preferred him more than Ejiofor (no, I'm not a racist).

Was it necessary for you to have to point that out?

Ludovico wrote: »
    Although I agree that right now evidence for Blofeld's return is pretty slim, we do have at least words from Logan that he thinks Bond should always fight Blofeld, we know they have now secured the rights for the character AND we now have casting rumours and character's rumours that could fit Blofeld. AND we know they have in the last movie reintroduced recurring characters in SF.

yes.. but the rights to Blofeld weren't secured until sometime after the script to Bond 24 had already been written / or was in the process of writing.... and if memory serves me correct, Logan and Mendes kicked around ideas for Bond 24 when Skyfall was being made.... seems illogical to write a script with a character that you didn't even own the rights to yet......... and before you mention it, yes, the script did go through rewrites - but that was more or less to recraft the existing story - major characters more than likely weren't changed.

I don't doubt that at some point, they'll dig up the bones of Blofeld and bring him back... i just don't think it will be this film..

all the talk about Waltz's role being mentioned as a "nemesis" - christ, the same thing was said about Bardem's role as Silva - then everyone got all hot and messy about him possibly being Blofeld - or Fiennes secretly being Blofeld...... enough is enough.... until we are given concrete evidence thats states as otherwise, let the character RIP..... parading around crap that is merely coincidence and circumstantial as fact, is getting annoying..

True, a lot of it can be rumours. But they could have written a recurring villain without naming him Blofeld, because the right of the character being unsecured, or when they started working on Bond 24 they might have had different ideas then about the antagonist. They may have had a portemanteau villain. TSWLM was meant to have Blofeld as the villain and they changed it for Stromberg, who is basically YOLT's Blofeld with another name and a few cosmetic changes. Who is to say they did not take the reverse route for Bond 24? Write a first draft without Blofeld, but which could fit WITH Blofeld as the main antagonist.

I am not saying Blofeld will be back for Bond 24 and I know a lot of speculations here are mostly wishful thinking (guilty as charged). For the record, while I am for his return, I think it may be wiser to wait until Craig's successor becomes Bond, to give him a "hook". And, if Christoph Waltz is indeed the villain, I have difficulties imagining him playing a role that was once offered or considered for Chiwetel Ejiofor, unless they had only a vague idea of who the villain should be. And that does not fit a Bond 24 with Blofeld in mind.

Unless, of course, Waltz is meant to play a different character than Ejiofor and if he plays the villain he is not the main antagonist in this movie. Which would then fit the Blofeld hypothesis. So far, however, we know too little about it, and even Waltz is just a rumour right now.
    (deleted)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2014 Posts: 12,459
    Could easily be a different take on the character, that they changed it to more suit Waltz. That's fine. This whole Blofeld thing is just ... not so interesting for me. If they bring that character back (likely as they do have the rights and honestly, how can they resist?!) ... I personally hope it is not in this film, except maybe teased at the very end.

Good cast, though. Glad P&W and Butterworth came on board. Things are rolling now, and I'm sensing things developing in a good way.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,588
    I'm wondering if we're getting ahead of ourselves on the Mexico location news here. While it is very possible that Bond could be headed to Mexico City, I wonder if they are just going to use the Mexican desert to double as either part of North Africa, or perhaps even a location in the Middle East. Just a thought...
    It'd be interesting to see some type of a sniper battle in the desert as one of the final action sequences of the film.

@jake24

you mean like ripping off that scene in The Hurt Locker?.. no thanks..
    Woops. I've never seen the hurt locker

yes.. but the rights to Blofeld weren't secured until sometime after the script to Bond 24 had already been written / or was in the process of writing.... and if memory serves me correct, Logan and Mendes kicked around ideas for Bond 24 when Skyfall was being made.... seems illogical to write a script with a character that you didn't even own the rights to yet......... and before you mention it, yes, the script did go through rewrites - but that was more or less to recraft the existing story - major characters more than likely weren't changed.

I don't doubt that at some point, they'll dig up the bones of Blofeld and bring him back... i just don't think it will be this film..

all the talk about Waltz's role being mentioned as a "nemesis" - christ, the same thing was said about Bardem's role as Silva - then everyone got all hot and messy about him possibly being Blofeld - or Fiennes secretly being Blofeld...... enough is enough.... until we are given concrete evidence thats states as otherwise, let the character RIP..... parading around crap that is merely coincidence and circumstantial as fact, is getting annoying..

True, a lot of it can be rumours. But they could have written a recurring villain without naming him Blofeld, because the right of the character being unsecured, or when they started working on Bond 24 they might have had different ideas then about the antagonist. They may have had a portemanteau villain. TSWLM was meant to have Blofeld as the villain and they changed it for Stromberg, who is basically YOLT's Blofeld with another name and a few cosmetic changes. Who is to say they did not take the reverse route for Bond 24? Write a first draft without Blofeld, but which could fit WITH Blofeld as the main antagonist.

I am not saying Blofeld will be back for Bond 24 and I know a lot of speculations here are mostly wishful thinking (guilty as charged). For the record, while I am for his return, I think it may be wiser to wait until Craig's successor becomes Bond, to give him a "hook". And, if Christoph Waltz is indeed the villain, I have difficulties imagining him playing a role that was once offered or considered for Chiwetel Ejiofor, unless they had only a vague idea of who the villain should be. And that does not fit a Bond 24 with Blofeld in mind.

Unless, of course, Waltz is meant to play a different character than Ejiofor and if he plays the villain he is not the main antagonist in this movie. Which would then fit the Blofeld hypothesis. So far, however, we know too little about it, and even Waltz is just a rumour right now.
    As I said before, if Baz Bamigboye reports something about Bond, then it 99.9 percent confirmed, as all of his James Bond reports have been proven. So Waltz is basically confirmed ;)

The article interestingly mentions that Mexico could very well double for Baja California, Mexico, the location of Blofeld's oil rig control center, as mentioned in Diamonds Are Forever. I think now we're all pretty confident that Blofeld has a serious chance of returning in Bond 24.

however you fail to see the last time they Filmed in mexico was Quantum of Solace where the organization was named in film. so clearly this means Quantum returns

but by that point, you might as well just write a completely new character instead of wasting your time..

And maybe they did. Or maybe they adapted/modified the script. I do no know how far they were in the scriptwriting process when the right to Blofeld were secured. If the script was very advanced, then yes, Blofeld being in Bond 24 is more unlikely.
    I'm wondering if we're getting ahead of ourselves on the Mexico location news here. While it is very possible that Bond could be headed to Mexico City, I wonder if they are just going to use the Mexican desert to double as either part of North Africa, or perhaps even a location in the Middle East. Just a thought...
    It'd be interesting to see some type of a sniper battle in the desert as one of the final action sequences of the film.

@jake24

you mean like ripping off that scene in The Hurt Locker?.. no thanks..
    Woops. I've never seen the hurt locker

As I said before, if Baz Bamigboye reports something about Bond, then it 99.9 percent confirmed, as all of his James Bond reports have been proven. So Waltz is basically confirmed ;)

Regardless of the Blofeld debate, I would be glad if Waltz is the villain and not Ejiofor.
  • Personally, I'd prefer if Blofeld/SPECTRE did not return until a new actor takes over as Bond, since we already have Quantum to wrap up with Craig's Bond. That said, I do think Barbara and Michael are of the "strike while it's hot" mentality and therefore might be tempted to dive into SPECTRE with B24 since a) they finally have the rights, and b) it would be the simplest, most straightforward way to generate buzz and up the ante from Skyfall. For those reasons, I believe we might get SPECTRE for B24, even if I disagree with that move creatively.

If we MUST have SPECTRE during Craig's tenure, I would prefer if Quantum was either taken over and turned into SPECTRE or simply destroyed altogether by the rising criminal organization. Then we would have some resolution with the Quantum story thread and it wouldn't feel like Quantum was just being dropped because they got the name rights they wanted. Just my two-fifths of a nickel.
    Risico007 wrote: »

however you fail to see the last time they Filmed in mexico was Quantum of Solace where the organization was named in film. so clearly this means Quantum returns

I hope you are joking... =))
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Y'all twist words and read more into things than my exwife lol :P ..
    Risico007 wrote: »

I didn't fail to see anything. I'm not trying to be rude, but the chances of Blofeld and/or Specter returning are probably at least 20 percent more than likely than Quantum returning. First of all, Daniel Craig has expressed on numerous occasions that he wanted to move on from that story ( Quantum ). Second, why only now have they acquired the rights to Blofeld and Spectre, in time to write the script for Bond 24? I just think that the possibility of Blofeld being reintroduced this time is much more likely, and it would be a smart move in order to top Skyfall's success.
    (deleted)
    I just hope it's true about Christoph Waltz. Brilliant actor and he'll own the part of Blofeld which is who I hope he's playing. But I'll settle an original villain if necessary. Bond needs his version of The Joker/ Moriarty type super villain to come up against.