SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited November 2014 Posts: 1,756
    bondjames wrote: »
    Now regarding Waltz. As some have previously speculated, myself included, I think he will play a Mathis type character like Giancarlo Giannini.

tumblr_m9pdvp0n901r0f781o1_500.gif

To play a Mathis type of character, would be an utter waste of the incredibly talented Waltz.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited November 2014 Posts: 1,756
    Also Baz calls the character Bond's 'nemesis'; is he hinting at Blofeld?

what-oblivion.gif

Now regarding Waltz. As some have previously speculated, myself included, I think he will play a Mathis type character like Giancarlo Giannini.

tumblr_m9pdvp0n901r0f781o1_500.gif

To play a Mathis type of character, would be an utter waste of the incredibly talented Waltz.

Right :)) Or, since we know, that we DON'T know, who he really is for probably most of the movie, the "main" villain will have less screen time. Just be the one, they are after.

Now Mexico, do we hear cartell and drugs?
    I doubt he will play a Mathis type character. So far he's the only name who has been brought forward since Ejiofor. If only for that I think he will be a villain.
    O'boy. Best news yet. I love Waltz. I actually thought some months ago that he should get a role from Bond 24. You heard my wishes EON!
  • Great news about WALTZ joing the cast of BOND 24. Like many have already mentioned I to had a feeling that he may be playing a Mathis type character but a lot more involved and with much more screen time. We won't know if he is working to help Bond or working for some evil organisation.
  • According to ComingSoon, Watlz is playing the main villain:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=125124

They are just repeating Baz but forgot to mention that Baz said it's not clear whether he will play the main villain.

A lot of people here are absolutely sure that Waltz will play the main baddie. I am certain he won't. Anyone want to bet 100 British pounds? ;)

It is a possibility. At the very moment, I can't imagine him playing a role other than the villain. I mean, he's not going to do some intensive mentoring to Bond like he did to Django. The way I think, that is. But, no one can be sure.

Please don't give them any bad ideas! Mendes has proven to be permanently searching other directors ideas to copy them and call it a "homage".
    Inglorious Basterds was a masterclass in tension building and acting. A true lesson for others to follow. I always remember watching that opening scene with Seydoux/Waltz et all in the cabin in France and thinking, gosh, I wish EON can see how this scene builds tension and use a similar approach in a Bond pretitle.....So I'm not surprised we've got some actors/actresses from that great classic here. If they cast Diane Kruger as well I'd be completely set....

Now regarding Waltz. As some have previously speculated, myself included, I think he will play a Mathis type character like Giancarlo Giannini. There may be some question about his loyalty (like Mathis in CR).... I don't see him as the main villain. Waltz has two oscars under his belt, so I think he will want something sufficiently different to his Basterd's turn (which will be very difficult to top, villain wise) and I think his role will have to be quite complex for him to have signed on. He will need to have his acting range tested given his lauded status, so the role is complex folks, & hopefully is recurring.

We have nothing to worry about with Mendes at the helm. Bond 24 is going to have wonderful characterisations (that's why they are casting actors of this calibre). They'd just better also have a logical plot this time (perhaps that's why all the rewrites).

I didn't like IB overall, but Yes that scene in the cabin is excellent. It's that kind of tension that I don't think we've seen in Bond for a very long time. Like others have said I'm hoping Waltz doesn't play it too campy. I want the villain to be charming, but also really nasty.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 908
    tumblr_n9vj6tlq8d1smcbm7o1_500.gif

This role proved that Waltz can be just as amazing playing a good guy as playing a villain.

Yeah,sure! Just as if his manirism loaded acting differed just a three cent worth from Basterds to Django (btw one movie worse than the other).
  • RC7 wrote: »
    I thought the Ejiofor rumour centred around him playing a Norwegian villain? If so, and with Austria replacing Norway, one would suspect the villain is now Austrian. If Waltz is that man it seems a bit on the nose, but he's a great actor so I'll be interested to see how this this whole thing plays out. Anyone else thinking Waltz and Bautista will have to be very well directed to avoid coming across as a comedy double-act? Diminutive brain, aided by gargantuan brawn.

Don't you trust famed character /drama director Sam Mendes for that?

If "Skyfall" did one thing right, then it was, with one word, "characters". Regardless of the plot, the characters were very multi-layered and have more "soul" with Mendes helming. "Skyfall" left a legacy, hence Christoph Waltz. It all makes sense.

Not only Mendes' gravita as director will help with that, also the screenplay.

a) I wouldn't trust Mendes to direct traffic in a 500 souls village

Also repeating it ad nauseam doesn't make that "multi-layered character development myth" any truer.

b) great to hear you already know the script and approve its inherent brilliance.
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    a) I wouldn't trust Mendes to direct traffic in a 500 souls village

It's a good thing you are not in charge of the Bond franchise. :bz
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Did anyone find any other domain registrations other than Mosaic (which we now know was the name of a feature on Skyfall's website where people could upload photos to be part of a tiled mosaic picture)? If not, keep looking.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited November 2014 Posts: 10,588
    A look at some of Mexico City's exotic character and interesting architecture.
    002_conjunto_arcos_bosque.jpg
    stock-footage-mexico-city-mar-the-angel-of-independence-and-paseo-de-la-reforma-timelapse-view-in-mexico.jpg
    mexico-city-mormon-temple33.jpg
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 2,189
    I'm wondering if we're getting ahead of ourselves on the Mexico location news here. While it is very possible that Bond could be headed to Mexico City, I wonder if they are just going to use the Mexican desert to double as either part of North Africa, or perhaps even a location in the Middle East. Just a thought...

I'm wondering if we're getting ahead of ourselves on the Mexico location news here. While it is very possible that Bond could be headed to Mexico City, I wonder if they are just going to use the Mexican desert to double as either part of North Africa, or perhaps even a location in the Middle East. Just a thought...
    It'd be interesting to see some type of a sniper battle in the desert as one of the final action sequences of the film.
  • edited November 2014 Posts: 3,169
    You do know that they are going to shoot Bond 24 in Morocco, right? Morocco has plenty of desert, so if they are flying the 1st unit all they way across the world to Mexico, it's certainly not for more desert shots ;-)
    Some parts of Morocco doubling for Mexico sounds more plausible.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    You do know that they are going to shoot Bond 24 in Morocco, right? Morocco has plenty of desert, so if they are flying the 1st unit all they way across the world to Mexico, it's certainly not for more desert shots ;-)
    Which is why Morocco probably won't be a predominant location in Bond 24, as they are only shooting there for 15 days.
  • jake24 wrote: »
    Which is why Morocco probably won't be a predominant location in Bond 24, as they are only shooting there for 15 days.

Maybe they're doing establishing shots and background/city filming in Morocco, then using Mexico for an extended desert sequence for the 2nd unit. Mexico is probably cheeper and easier to film in the Moroccan desert...
    Not to mention safer.
  • If they go to Mexico they will have to go to the pyramids. That's Bond adequate scenery.
  • jake24 wrote: »

Maybe they're doing establishing shots and background/city filming in Morocco, then using Mexico for an extended desert sequence for the 2nd unit. Mexico is probably cheeper and easier to film in the Moroccan desert...
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Not to mention safer.

I almost said safer, but then again there is a lot of cartel violence happening in the remote parts of Mexico where they would need to go to film desert so, I guess it's pick your poison: terrorists or drug lords haha!
    Mexico is probably cheeper and easier to film in the Moroccan desert...
    Morocco is one of the cheapest countries to shoot in, and has become a hub because of its variety. That's why Hollywood usually comes here when they need desert/Middle Eastern shots. Star Wars, Lawrence of Arabia, The Living Daylights, Indiana Jones, The Mummy, Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven, Bourne, etc...
    http://variety.com/2013/film/news/morocco-still-a-hot-destination-for-foreign-producers-1200917930/
  • Then if Mexico is a real location, my vote is that it's used as part of a stand-alone pre title sequence...
    Actually, I think Rome is gonna be the PTS!
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    If they go to Mexico they will have to go to the pyramids. That's Bond adequate scenery.

That was what I was thinking. Some Mayan ruins. But they did that in MR already.

They cant and wont do another car chase as pts

Well, the PTS will most likely have a chase of some sorts, either on foot or using some sort of vehicle. I wouldn't rule out cars. Right now it's the only action sequence we know of, besides the plane crash.
  • Germanlady wrote: »

In Italy again! Agreed, the part in Rome will be imbedded in the film, maybe half way through or so. My hope is that they don't chose to front-load the snowy parts of the film and make them the PTS. I want the snow at the end.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Germanlady wrote: »

Of course they can but they may not.

Germanlady wrote: »

In Italy again! Agreed, the part in Rome will be imbedded in the film, maybe half way through or so. My hope is that they don't chose to front-load the snowy parts of the film and make them the PTS. I want the snow at the end.
    The snow will probably be featured close to the beginning of the movie (but after the pre-titles sequence), as the plane crash in Austria is said to have a lot of relevance to the plot.