Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The Bond game for next year is for mobile platforms. There will be nothing else until after that at least.
  • I know nothing about licensing has been released but hopefully their will be a game alongside Bond 24.
  • bond_azoozbondbond_azoozbond Portland,OR
    Replay – 007: From Russia With Love : http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/06/21/007-from-russia-with-love.aspx

Miss those days :(
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Why even bother with a Bond mobile game? Why not amp up excitement for B24 by announcing a current and/or next-gen Bond game?
    Play it, it's the ultimate Bond game.

The ultimate Bond game? Really? I thought it was pretty average. Better than the other Activision games but better than Everything Or Nothing, Nightfire or the original Goldeneye? Not a chance. It doesn't even come close.

Takedowns were cool and the driving missions were great. But the levels were average, the shooting was nothing special, the story was a mess, it was really short and if Daniel Craig, Judi Dench and the Aston Martins weren't in it then it would have felt nothing like a Bond game at all. Yeah there are no gadgets or anything in the Craig films but Bloodstone was lacking any Bondanian touches at all (there's no gunbarrel, Bond doesn't get laid, Bond doesn't quip, Bond doesn't go and get his briefing from MI6, the Bond theme isn't used at all, etc). And the multiplayer was boring too.
    We'll be lucky if we get to see one or two more games with Craig as Bond.

Honestly I don't think there should be anymore games with Craig as Bond. They should get some really talented people who will treat the licence with respect and take inspiration from the Batman games. No more cheap tie ins, instead make a whole new Bond, seperate from the films.

Hire a really talented voice actor that's actually passionate and pleased to be there, not just some generic posh guy (Agent Underfire, Nightfire), or an actor that's only there because he's in the films and his contract says he has to be (Brosnan, Craig), or an old Bond actor who sounds nothing like he did when he was Bond and clearly can't be arsed just to get some publicity (Connery). Get a new Q, and Moneypenny too. Get good writers, make some great original stories. Take inspiration from the books and films but make a whole new Bond universe so that they're not restricted by the films. Try and make it original and instead of another shooter, make the gameplay varied. Add in some spywork and some gambling. Make us really feel like Bond.

Or y'know, just make a fucking mobile game 8-| I love EON and I don't want anyone else to make Bond films but it's clear that they really don't have a clue when it comes to the video games.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    (deleted)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited August 2014 Posts: 7,854
    It'd be tough to combine AC and SC.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2014 Posts: 15,690
    If the next game is tied in to Bond 24, I have little hope to finally have a good game, as the time frame between now and late 2015 is pretty short, considering there still isn't a developper contracted to do the game. :(
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Well, as far as movie tie-ins go, they have to start production after the film does, so that they can use film assets (locales, actors, a more finalized version of the script), otherwise that whole thing falls apart.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Well, as far as movie tie-ins go, they have to start production after the film does, so that they can use film assets (locales, actors, a more finalized version of the script), otherwise that whole thing falls apart.
    They could start doing some programming, and such. Film assets come in a second moment.
    Most movie tie-ins run on predesigned engines, and as such, little new programming needs to be done.
  • @haserot I like the sound of a mix between Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell. I've said this before but the Ezio trilogy of Assassin's Creed games were pretty much Renaissance Bond games, and the gameplay in Splinter Cell would be perfect for Bond.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    If the next game is tied in to Bond 24, I have little hope to finally have a good game, as the time frame between now and late 2015 is pretty short, considering there still isn't a developper contracted to do the game. :(

The next game is the free-to-play one from Glu for mobile devices. It's out next Summer.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Most movie tie-ins run on predesigned engines, and as such, little new programming needs to be done.

That's why 007 Legends looked like a 5 year old game.
    Well, it was using an engine originally designed for the Wii, based on an engine designed for PCs back in the late 90s. GoldenEye on the Wii looked impressive on its hardware, 007 Legends did not.
  • Just saw this on facebook, fair warning there is some cursing and obviously violence.
    This is what a Bond game should be like, parts totally reminded me of Bond.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10200790141664394
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Just saw this on facebook, fair warning there is some cursing and obviously violence.
    This is what a Bond game should be like, parts totally reminded me of Bond.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10200790141664394

Wow, that is honestly one of the coolest things I have ever seen in my life.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    (deleted)
  • Yes, after the last few FPS Bond games of more run and gun, which indeed I like those kinds of games, I do feel that Bond needs to have a bit more stealth approach and actually be a spy for once. The last two games didn't do that part very well. I too feel there needs to be a separate Bond game universe, I don't want to sacrifice games being made on the older films however, maybe they have two studios, one (like a Rocksteady) making a new universe with Bond, totally different actors likenesses etc. and one adapting old films to games using the correct likenesses and such. I find that when they make games based on the current film at the time(QOS) for example, it ends up hardly even resembling the film, mostly because when they're working on the game, the movie isn't even set in stone. So we don't need anymore movie-tie in/ cash in games.
    (deleted)
  • When could we see 007 coming to the new generation of consoles ?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I'd love to.
    We'll see one when we see one, whenever the hell that will be.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Well, they should utmost certainly hand over the title to competent studios. Turning back to the old days when Electronic Arts was in control, their titles were certainly worthy of gems, and there was a nonstop creativity among the installments. I've recently played Wolfenstein: The New Order and it left me in an awe. So, why not handing it over to MachineGames, for instance? And of course, Bethesda Softworks to publish it. A Bond game needs to be more than just run and gun. Give the players exclusive investigation objectives, oblige them to hunt for clues, using certain amount of gadgets (non-over-the-top), even mind games. But generally, the shooter element has to be there in the middle of the spotlight.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    It might be a little too early to tell but I really hope with the announcement of SPECTRE we'll get some Bond gaming news soon.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I wish the Bond tie in games would just stop so that we could get more games like Blood Stone. Plus, with a tie in game developers are pressured to rush the production of the project to meet the theatrical opening of the film they advertise, which is a sloppy, sloppy plan. Original, new Bond stories like Blood Stone with the current Bond actor in them are far more appealing to me, as the chains truly are off and the developers could really do anything they wanted, within reason.
    I was really hoping by now we would have heard about the Bond rights going to some publisher. But unless it is a secret and they will really announce a Spectre game early next year, I fear that we gamers will again be left out in the cold this year...
    I wish the Bond tie in games would just stop so that we could get more games like Blood Stone. Plus, with a tie in game developers are pressured to rush the production of the project to meet the theatrical opening of the film they advertise, which is a sloppy, sloppy plan. Original, new Bond stories like Blood Stone with the current Bond actor in them are far more appealing to me, as the chains truly are off and the developers could really do anything they wanted, within reason.

Wasn't there a story EA snapped up the rights to Bond and possibly would have DICE studios working on it? Or something like that? I believe it was around the time Bond 24 was just getting uderway, so early 2013. If that's the case, they could have had plenty of time up to Oct. 2015 to make a great next gen game. And with it being SPECTRE, they can mix the old baddies like Grant and Klebb with the new ones.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 28,694
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    I was really hoping by now we would have heard about the Bond rights going to some publisher. But unless it is a secret and they will really announce a Spectre game early next year, I fear that we gamers will again be left out in the cold this year...

We may be chilly for a bit, but Bond 24 will warm us right up again. Besides, if the Bond games can't be handled with care and sense (looking at you, Activision), then I'd rather not have them at all. There's nothing worse than watching a character you love being badly utilized and represented in cheap, throw-away entertainment.
    bondbat007 wrote: »

We may be chilly for a bit, but Bond 24 will warm us right up again. Besides, if the Bond games can't be handled with care and sense (looking at you, Activision), then I'd rather not have them at all. There's nothing worse than watching a character you love being badly utilized and represented in cheap, throw-away entertainment.

Right you are. I'm sure the people at EON weren't too happy with how 007 Legends turned out so maybe they are taking their time with new games? I just hope they don't think that there's no market for Bond games anymore.