Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I want Rockstar to make a Bond game. It would be sheer perfection.
    I wouldn't mind it but there games tend to be one location open world which is well troublesome in my opinion but I suppose a great way to get rid of 007 in New York as a title
    I wouldn't mind it but there games tend to be one location open world which is well troublesome in my opinion but I suppose a great way to get rid of 007 in New York as a title
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Murdock wrote: »

In other words, you don't want another Bond game. After all, Agent still hasn't so much as gotten new screens, let alone been released. And if they do get the license and make a new game, it'll be six-seven years before they make a second. I love Rockstar, and I love their games, and I think their games are well crafted, but do think they can come out a little faster.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Murdock wrote: »

@Murdock

something i made up..... one can dream right? :/

BondPS4_zpsbee5e076.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That's spectacular, @haserot! Great style to it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    That's a damn good Rockstar artwork imitation. Now do the other five Bonds and put them all together.
    Actually do colonel sun. I am sorry but if a good developer makes bond games based on the post Fleming novels updating them as the films would 007 would finally get out from under the shadow that is Goldneye
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Actually do colonel sun. I am sorry but if a good developer makes bond games based on the post Fleming novels updating them as the films would 007 would finally get out from under the shadow that is Goldneye

That's too dark a shadow to crawl out from, sadly. People just loved GoldenEye too much.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

That's too dark a shadow to crawl out from, sadly. People just loved GoldenEye too much.

It's not hard to do, just make a game with the same gameplay of GoldenEye but updated graphics. Except no one has thought about it.
    Actually, they did. Rare was making a remake for XBLA a few years ago, but because Rare and Nintendo co-own the rights, they couldn't release it for XBLA, and Nintendo can't release it on the Virtual Console.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i dont want another GE or AUF or NF.... i would love for nothing more than Bond to break out of this FPS mold that it boxed itself into.. i would rather see more 3rd person games like EON or BS - and move more in the direction of games like Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell - where it's not about run & gun - but using your wits and stealth tactics, then sprinkle in action pieces here and there when needed.... the one thing that is absolutely true about the gaming James Bond, and it came from the President of TellTale Games - is that all these games did, was turn Bond into a mass murderer with a machine gun... that's not Bond..

I just recently got done playing The Last Of Us and the PS4 rerelease of GTAV - both had phenomenal stories, and awesome deep gameplay... give me a Bond game like that... BS was on the right track - but then Activision threw all that away so they could treat Bond as a beta COD knock off.
    I had a weird dream last night, everybody. In this dream, I'm at a friend's place, and we've got popcorn made, and we're about to sit down and play the latest Bond game. He's got the console set up, and we've both got controllers, and he turns the console on, puts the disc in and... What the hell? Was that...

That was the Rare logo I just saw on the screen!

It looks a lot like the opening of the classic GoldenEye 007 for the N64 I'm seeing here! My friend skips the gunbarrel and we get to the title screen, which is... exactly like the GoldenEye 007 title screen, but with Craig's picture on the dossier instead of Brosnan's.

ThunderHead appears to be the title of this game, underneath which reads "007 GE2". My friend selects New Game, and there are then two options.

Single Player
    Multiplayer

He selects Multiplayer, and then there's another set of options.

ThunderHead
    GoldenEye

He selects the GoldenEye option, and then there's a further two options.

Nintendo 64
    Nintendo WiiD (because, yes, the name of the console in my dream was the WiiD... It saddened me and made me laugh at the same time)

These were graphics options, and you could pick between the original N64 graphics or the newer graphics! I know that the Halo Anniversary rereleases do that, but for some reason, in this dream I was excited. Either way, he picked the WiiD graphics, and dear God they looked amazing. Think PS4/X1, but with far better detailing, shadowing... just plain everything.

Oh, and by the way, the multiplayer option that was picked before? That wasn't for the old-school split screen multiplayer we remember, though that was an option on the title screen. This was co-op on the single player campaign.

Sadly, I woke up before I got to find out what ThunderHead was about, but the updated version of GoldenEye was nothing short of amazing. Everything looked the same and different at the same time, and even though Craig's picture was on the dossier at the beginning, during the GoldenEye portion of the game, it was Brosnan my friend and I were co-oping as.

I really want this game to become real. I really do.
    I had a dream Ubisoft was making a Bond video game in the vein of Splinter cell based on Colonel Sun with Daniel Craig Doing Voice and motion Capture work as well as Ralph Fiennes and Daniel Dae Kim (Lost and Hawaii 5-0) was going to be Colonel Sun.
  • Roger Moore once dreamed that he was Sean Connery, so anything is possible

• FozioFozio MI6
    Realistically ubisoft would be the best developers for a new bond game because Bond is good guy. Ubisoft always make games where you are the good guy and discourage killing civillians. So i think 007 would be the perfect fit in a ubidoft game...
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    It means that in 2015 we'll get a new Bond novel, movie, comic book and videogame? That's like the best year ever.
    from that article "the title of this piece is a bit misleading (as it might imply that we have some insider knowledge of what’s cooking behind the scenes)"

So they are just guessing but that being said I do hope and pray that at E3 we at least get the developer I would take almost anyone at this point... Prefferably Ubisoft or Naughty Dog but I would be fine with almost anyone as long as the game is good every Devloper who had Bond for multpile games had some great games and some bad games (lest we forget Rogue Agent and 007 racing from EA)

We will know soon enough i guess.
    from that article "the title of this piece is a bit misleading (as it might imply that we have some insider knowledge of what’s cooking behind the scenes)"

So they are just guessing but that being said I do hope and pray that at E3 we at least get the developer I would take almost anyone at this point... Prefferably Ubisoft or Naughty Dog but I would be fine with almost anyone as long as the game is good every Devloper who had Bond for multpile games had some great games and some bad games (lest we forget Rogue Agent and 007 racing from EA)

the only difference between Activision and every other developer that had the Bond license, is that i felt like all those other developers tried. The only time that I felt Activision tried with a Bond game was Blood Stone - everything else felt like betas for their other franchises, and they merely just wanted a quick cash in... EA for my money was the best developer Bond had - AUF, NF and EON were terrific games, they might have hit duds with FRWL, RA and 007Racing, but like you said, sometimes you have to take the good with the bad... except with Activision, besides 1 game, we were shoveled crap for years and were duped into thinking it was something better.
    HASEROT wrote: »

the only difference between Activision and every other developer that had the Bond license, is that i felt like all those other developers tried. The only time that I felt Activision tried with a Bond game was Blood Stone - everything else felt like betas for their other franchises, and they merely just wanted a quick cash in... EA for my money was the best developer Bond had - AUF, NF and EON were terrific games, they might have hit duds with FRWL, RA and 007Racing, but like you said, sometimes you have to take the good with the bad... except with Activision, besides 1 game, we were shoveled crap for years and were duped into thinking it was something better.

See I disagree I quite like Goldeneye (was playing earlier) Quantum of Solace, Quantum of solace for the Ps2 and bloodstone

However much like the movies it really has been forever and a day since I played the ps2 games I think this year I will replay them and give my overall views of them
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Has anyone got any idea where are and what is the future of the Bond video games indicated to? Just stopped by to ask. Any speculation? Because it's a very important format on my part, and like every hardcore 007 games fan, I'm pretty much left in the dark.
    Nope there might be something announced at e3 but no new news
    Must be mid-June, which is far far away, at least for me. Lol! I know a tablet game is going to be released this summer, but... console/PC is all that matters to me, as I hardly take anything less than a major platform system title seriously.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited February 2015 Posts: 7,526
    Must be mid-June, which is far far away, at least for me. Lol! I know a tablet game is going to be released this summer, but... console/PC is all that matters to me, as I hardly take anything less than a major platform system title seriously.

What do you mean a tablet game is going to be released this summer?
    EDIT: Nevermind I googled it :D
    there is not even much info on that annoyingly
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I'd rather it were Telltale making it rather than Glu, that's for sure. The guy behind Telltale has even expressed an interest in the franchise and his games are quite successful (Walking Dead and Game of Thrones).
    edited February 2015 Posts: 15,423
    there is not even much info on that annoyingly
    Probably because it's a tablet game? I don't hear information much about tablet games unless after their releases, they are huge success. But nothing preceding the outcome.
  • I think a recurring problem with the games, even the really good ones like Nightfire and Everything Or Nothing, is that they're too influenced by the films.

EON is Die Another Day 2. Extremely OTT (two invisible cars, a secret base with a force field, etc), crap ridiculously autotuned pop/techno theme song, NSA agent Bond girl, etc.

Bloodstone is clearly influenced by Quantum Of Solace. It ditches all the traditional Bond elements (gunbarrel, gadgets, quips) in favour of a more "realistic" approach, there's a chase across rooftops, a story that's meant to be grounded in reality, Bond uses his smart phone a lot, there are fancy fonts telling us where he is whenever he goes to a new location, etc.

I think the next Bond games should create their own Bond (get a great voice actor who is actually enthusiastic about it instead of just getting the current film Bond (or a past one) to phone it in). Their own M, Q, MP. Or maybe don't have Q and MP. It's up to them, do their own thing, create their own brilliant take on it, their own Bond universe.

Look at Batman for example. The Arkham games are in their own, R rated (in contrast to TDK, which was a 12a/PG13) universe and it shows. Arkham Asylum came out right after The Dark Knight but it's nothing like it. The Dark Knight is a realistic crime thriller. The Arkham games are very comic book, from the way Batman moves and fights (and looks) to the grotesque cartoony villains to the supernatural elements. A far cry from the realism of TDK. But it worked brilliantly. The Arkham games are thought of to be some of the best games of all time.

I'd love if if, when there is a new Bond game (a shit mobile game doesn't count) they took this approach, but I'm not holding my breath. We got lucky with Rare and EA but it's clear EON don't care about the video game licence. When they do finally get a new publisher we'll probably end up with a knock off Call Of Duty game using a butchered version of the latest films story.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'd like another game like Agent Under Fire. While not great, it is very replayable and entertaining.