Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

• bond_azoozbondbond_azoozbond Portland,OR
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Hmm well any idea what time tomorrow we will know I don't mind FPS honestly

They didn't mention which time .. Could be E3 or earlier and Im sure if its a bond license then it will remain a secret until EON plans to announce it :(
  • oo7oo7
    announcement at the same time as the teaser poster? would there be time to voice a game by nov?
    Some one in Twitter said its gonna be a huge movie franchise.. Is there anything bigger than bond ?!! Cross fingers

Do you have a link to that tweet? If that's true it can really only be Marvel or Bond. Maybe Star Trek
    God I want It to be bond

Though if it is marvel Daredevil or Punnisher video game would be good but wait doesn't Activision own Marvel

If so it's either Star Trek or Bond

I am gonna say it's 007 just a gut feeling
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    God I want It to be bond

Though if it is marvel Daredevil or Punnisher video game would be good but wait doesn't Activision own Marvel

And the fact that the partnership is announced just around the same time SPECTRE starts it's marketing campaign.
    I don't believe Activison owns Marvel anymore (outside of Spiderman). They pulled a Bond. Games mysteriously vanished from online shops. A copy of Marvel UA 2 costs 45 dollars at Gamestop and other places. They don't have Marvel anymore.
    jake24 wrote: »
    God I want It to be bond

And the fact that the partnership is announced just around the same time SPECTRE starts it's marketing campaign.

So we all think it's 007?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Did they say when the announcement will be?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited March 2015 Posts: 4,399
    i really hope it's Bond.... there aren't too many "huge film franchises" left that I can think that don't possibly have a publisher...

Harry Potter?
    Indiana Jones?
    Superman?

those are the only ones that really spark to mind other than Bond - I am not sure if Harry Potter is licensed or not, but I know Indiana Jones and Superman aren't....... but, now that i think of it, it couldn't be Superman - because they said "film franchise" - Superman would be licensed out as a comic property first than a film-to-game franchise (unless it's a Superman V Batman crossover game)..... but who knows..

fingers crossed for Bond.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Didn't Harry Potter close its chronology? I doubt they would be attempting to make a sequel. There's no point. What about Star Trek?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Nightfire and Everything or Nothing are my favourite Bond games, so the perspective isn't a deal breaker for me. EA's last two games weren't great, and Activision's have been even worse. So I am going to need to know a lot more before I start to get excited.
    I'd include Agent Under Fire on my list, as well, added to the two magnificent titles you mentioned, Major. :D

While some people really dislike or even despise FRWL, I love it to tell you the truth, more than GoldenEye on the Nintendo 64.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Agent Under Fire would be my 3rd favourite. FRWL wasn't bad at the same time. Being able to change Bond's clothes at any time, was a great feature.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited March 2015 Posts: 4,399
    3rd or 1st Person, when it comes right down to it, I couldn't care less which it is as long as the game is a good one - though, as i've said previously, i would prefer 3rd person and semi-nonlinear exploration like the Assassins Creed games, but if the game is good, I don't really care how it's presented...

the only thing i would disprove of is something like the TellTale games, with nothing but QuickTime button mashing.
    HASEROT wrote: »
    the only thing i would disprove of is something like the TellTale games, with nothing but QuickTime button mashing.
    I couldn't help but wholeheartedly agree on this one.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Well, I wouldn't go that far and drop it just because it might be an FPS. There are good FPS games out there. Far Cry 3 for instance.

I'm just not a fan of them, and feel disconnected from any character I'm supposed to be playing. That, and we've had an over-sautration of FPS Bond games for forever now. Blood Stone was a brilliant breath of fresh air in a valley of sub-par garbage. So much could be done with another proper 3rd person Bond game that hasn't been accomplished in the FPS ones, namely quality.
    I understand where you're coming from. Blood Stone had a lot of potential, but I've got to admit, it was very linear for a third person game. It would be better if they drift away from linear corridors, and give the player choices. Have many ways to accomplish a single level. A quality, like you mentioned. Give the product its worth, attraction, beauty. Something that Activision never attempted to achieve.

That's exactly what I'd want. A wide variety of ways to take out a target like in Hitman, the atmospheres of Ubisoft's games, all that. Large, open world levels that you could really soak in while scoping things out with all kinds of ways to approach your mission.
    Well, I wouldn't go that far and drop it just because it might be an FPS. There are good FPS games out there. Far Cry 3 for instance.

I'm just not a fan of them, and feel disconnected from any character I'm supposed to be playing. That, and we've had an over-sautration of FPS Bond games for forever now. Blood Stone was a brilliant breath of fresh air in a valley of sub-par garbage. So much could be done with another proper 3rd person Bond game that hasn't been accomplished in the FPS ones, namely quality.
    I understand where you're coming from. Blood Stone had a lot of potential, but I've got to admit, it was very linear for a third person game. It would be better if they drift away from linear corridors, and give the player choices. Have many ways to accomplish a single level. A quality, like you mentioned. Give the product its worth, attraction, beauty. Something that Activision never attempted to achieve.

That's exactly what I'd want. A wide variety of ways to take out a target like in Hitman, the atmospheres of Ubisoft's games, all that. Large, open world levels that you could really soak in while scoping things out with all kinds of ways to approach your mission.
    Well said, sir!
    So have we heard any new regarding this or hints as to what franchise it is. I am kind of excited
    Nothing yet. But, I'll be extending my hope and ability of waiting until E3, this year. If that doesn't happen... Ah well... Maybe next year... :D
    I've now seen several tweets confirming that it is indeed a movie license deal.

All DC games are owned by WB Interactive who occasionally rent out to other publishers (Arkham Asylum was published by Edios)

Marvel is up in the air as they are no longer owned by Activision. But with Disney giving Star Wars to EA, I wouldn't be surprised if they would get Marvel as well. Same with Indiana Jones

Star Trek, I wouldn't exactly qualify that as a "huge" license for games. Or at least one that Crytek would tease about.

Harry Potter also owned by WB Interactive

It almost has to be Bond right? A huge movie franchise with a history in the gaming community that currently has no rights holder. I just hope we hear something soon either way.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    All DC games are owned by WB Interactive who occasionally rent out to other publishers (Arkham Asylum was published by Edios)

Although, I believe reprints of Arkham Asylum are now owned exclusively by WB.
    Marvel is up in the air as they are no longer owned by Activision. But with Disney giving Star Wars to EA, I wouldn't be surprised if they would get Marvel as well. Same with Indiana Jones

The only Marvel games anybody seems to care about anymore are the LEGO ones (with good reason), so WB Interactive yet again, as they own TT Games. Hard to believe they wouldn't license another LEGO Star Wars game some time in the future, since that's where the LEGO video game popularity began.
    Star Trek, I wouldn't exactly qualify that as a "huge" license for games. Or at least one that Crytek would tease about.

Nobody cares about Star Trek games thanks to the train wreck that was Star Trek a couple of years ago.
    Harry Potter also owned by WB Interactive

Why would there be another Harry Potter game?
    It almost has to be Bond right? A huge movie franchise with a history in the gaming community that currently has no rights holder. I just hope we hear something soon either way.

With all luck, it will be Bond.
    I was hoping for Ubisoft or Squareenix but I will be still estatic of it is Cystek
  • edited March 2015 Posts: 5,745
    Big movie franchises?

Godzilla
    Pacific Rim
    Jurassic World
    Mission: Impossible
    Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
    Fast & Furious
    and..
    James Bond.
    edited March 2015 Posts: 15,423
    Correction. Lara Croft: Tomb Raider isn't a movie franchise. It's originally a game franchise. Plus, Square Enix owns it, and is working on a sequel to the 2013 reboot. Why would there be another publisher to have it acquired at all sudden?
    JWESTBROOK wrote: »
    Big movie franchises?

Godzilla
    Pacific Rim
    Jurassic World
    Mission: Impossible
    Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
    Fast & Furious
    and..
    James Bond.

Lara croft is on square Enix with a new game coming out do it isn't that one

Mission impossible is a possibility but I doubt it

crytek likes to make FPS so with the success of Goldeneye in 2010 and 2011 the more I think about if the more I think it is 007
    Let's hope so. I miss exploring a new interactive 007 video game.
  • oo7oo7
    lets not get our hopes up until something solid is released. i do think this announcement the same day as they announce the incoming spectre marketings pretty good pointer but if it is the case then you are sitting on a bond game that might only have eight months development. unless they already had been working on a demo to get the license...
  • bond_azoozbondbond_azoozbond Portland,OR
    The source says its a deal to save crytek so I suppose it should be an AAA Bond game if its true .. Otherwise its gonna be a risky task ..
    Any idea when we will know
    Remember when 007 Legends released its first trailer the day Skyfall's teaser trailer was released? I do remember there was a video that attached the two trailers into one. Could that be the case for the possible next Bond revelation?