Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

• edited February 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I liked the motion controls for Goldeneye. I thought it was much more fun actually aiming rather than just pressing buttons.
    Id be all for EA coming out with a Bond trilogy game. A remastered Agent Under Fire, Nightfire, and Rogue agent all on 1 disc with a combined MP experience. Id love to see those games on the frostbite 3 engine. Wishful thinking I know.
    After QOS and Bloodstone which I thought were great games, I was disappointed with Legends. I am hoping for a new storyline and game. I really like Bloodstone and would hope they do something along those lines. Another one of my favorites is Nightfire. Both had relative independent stories, but the writers did a great job making it feel like a Bond movie. I would like to see a game when playing it you could say,"you know, this would make a great Bond movie"
    I think the only reason I'd want EA to get the rights back is so that an HD collection would be possible. Other than that, they made it clear they don't want it. My list still goes like this.

Ubisoft
    Sony
    Edios

Really anybody else besides EA and Activision isn't worth it. SEGA and Capcom aren't strong anymore, Atari and Codemasters are jokes. And I can't see MGM/Sony lending out the rights to a specific developer (Crytek, Bethesda) instead of a publisher.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    (deleted)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    After playing MGS5 recently, I really want Konami and Kojima Productions to get the license. The FOX Engine is the perfect engine for Bond.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I want Ubisoft. I've said this before but the Ezio Assassin's Creed games were Renaissance Bond films.

Ezio= Bond. Charismatic, deadly, gets all the girls, etc.

Assassins= MI6. Secretive, shady organisation, but they're the good guys.

Templars=Quantum. Secret criminal organisation with "people everywhere", lots of powerful members (their leader becomes the pope at the end of the 2nd game).

Leaonardo Da Vinci= Q. Gives Ezio all his gadgets.

Mario= M. Gives Ezio his missions/targets. Machiavelli is Robert Brown, a supporting character who takes over in Brotherhood when Mario dies.

The Turkish Assassin leader from Revelations= Kerim Bay. Ezio arrives in Istanbul, meets him, teams up with him, becomes friends with him until he has a sad death at the hands of the baddies.

The girl from AC 2/Brotherhood=Tracy. I forget her name but she has a lot in common with Tracy. A girl the hero actually falls in love with, but she gets killed by the villains.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Mario= M. Gives Ezio his missions/targets. Machiavelli is Robert Brown, a supporting character who takes over in Brotherhood when Mario dies.
    Sorry couldn't resist. :))
    Super_mario.jpg
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Murdock wrote:

Sorry couldn't resist. :))
    Super_mario.jpg

He does introduce himself with "It's-a me, Mario".
    I vote for UbiSoft. Splinter cell and Assassins Creed alone give me the confidence they would do a great job. They would also make it available for the PC rather than just gaming consoles. see my above comment, I believed they could write an excellent story line with detective work and plot twists separate from an existing movie. UbiSoft would put Bond back in the marketplace for gaming.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I give my vote to UbiSoft as well. Make it like a cross between Splinter Cell and Hitman and add a dialogue box like in Mass Effect. I want to be able to approach a level anyway I want; guns blazing, stealth, or use dialogue to charm my way through.
    as long as it has a FPS MP Ill be happy. 3rd Person MP always sucks imo.
    How about no multiplayer? How about we get a Bond game that focuses more on the single player than the multiplayer?
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 170
    How about no multiplayer? How about we get a Bond game that focuses more on the single player than the multiplayer?
    Agreed, the last few Bond MPs have been very disappointing. They just need to focus on single player.

how about both :O OMG what a concept!!
    YELARAKA wrote:
    how about both :O OMG what a concept!!

Games ever since GoldenEye 007 on the N64 have proven that it can't happen. That was the one game that broke the mold, that showed that single and multiplayer could co-exist, but ever since...
    Plus I don't like multiplayer so yeah no I am good on that account would prefer a good single player mode
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    On the other hand, co-op missions like in Perfect Dark could be cool. But yeah, multiplayer can be left away.
  • Well that's great, the next big Bond adventure is for......phones? I hope they sign a deal for some real games soon too
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    This is ridicolous. James Bond is one of the most successful and famous movie franchises, and all they manage to do is 2D games for mobile phones? We are not in the 80s anymore, look at what real videogame companies can do.

I can't wait until James Bond gets public domain, so that serious videogame companies will use the character properly and do justice to Fleming's books, and EON will stop ruining it.
    Walecs wrote:
    This is ridicolous. James Bond is one of the most successful and famous movie franchises, and all they manage to do is 2D games for mobile phones? We are not in the 80s anymore, look at what real videogame companies can do.

Not all smartphone games are 2D. Check out the iOS/Blackberry Dead Space game some day, or Republique, which is also on PCs in addition to iOS devices.
    So we don't even get a proper game anymore, just a mobile one? EON are great with the Bond films but it's pretty clear that they don't have a clue when it comes to the games.

It's not just about pleasing fans either. Do they have any idea how much money they could make if they actually gave us a really good game for a change?
    some games are 3d open world ones Dark Knight Rises for example. Which I got to the third level before it was taking up to much memory and I stopped carring. So we could get a "decent" bond game however I would love it if Glu created a bond game for Xbox one.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Glu Mobile Inc., a leading global developer and publisher of free-to-play games for smartphone and tablet devices, today announced that the company will partner with EON Productions and MGM Interactive to create a new free-to-play mobile game based on the James Bond film franchise. Scheduled for initial release in summer 2015, the game is inspired by the franchise's rich history, themes, characters, and narratives. Glu's Bond game will be available to mobile audiences worldwide across all major mobile platforms.

"Bond offers a deep catalogue of thematic inspiration for gaming. We are honored by the opportunity to be the first to bring such a storied franchise to free-to-play mobile gaming," said Niccolo de Masi, Glu CEO. "We look forward to delivering a never before seen gameplay experience on mobile for the passionate worldwide community of Bond fans."

"Glu has an established track record producing high-fidelity mobile games and we are confident in the company's ability to deliver an experience worthy of the Bond name," said Gary Barber, MGM Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.

Beginning as a character in Ian Fleming's series of novels and short-story collections, the James Bond film franchise has captured the attention of audiences worldwide since the release of "Dr. No" in 1962. Together, EON Productions and MGM have built James Bond into one of the most successful film franchises with the twenty-fourth film in the series due in November 2015.

"We look forward to collaborating with Glu to offer fans of the Bond franchise a completely innovative experience on mobile devices worldwide," said David G. Wilson, EON Vice President of Global Business Strategy.

OK, so this is different and something new. Maybe, it will also be half decent. At least it's free. It may seem cheap but this new angle could well work, it does appear to be the future for mass gaming and opens Bond to a wider audience in some ways. I'm excited to see what is developed.
    it will at best be ps2 graphics which annoys me.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Mobile gaming doesn't interest me. And seeing how badly Activision handled the Bond licence, I don't feel like I am going to be missing much.

At least I still have AUF, NF, EON and a working PS2.
    you didn't like BloodStone?
    Risico007 wrote:
    it will at best be ps2 graphics which annoys me.

Graphics whore, huh? That's sad. Ignoring good games just because they don't "look good". Quantum of Solace PS2 was a fantastic looking game, so was Metal Gear Solid 3.
    if the game is amazing I will eat my words obviously Agent