Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

well at least it's SOMETHING sure its nothing much but...
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    A Telltale Bond game... Yes!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have looked at their developer history, and I have not played any of their games. But with Activision clearly not knowing their arse from their elbow when it comes to Bond games, I would welcome another developer turning their hand to Bond.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2014 Posts: 28,694
    I've seen playthroughs of Telltale titles and haven't been disappointed, so I would definitely be fine with them having a go at a Bond game if it came to that. Nothing can be worse than Activision's worst efforts. Right?
    the question is will EON let Telltale do a bond game?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'd rather Naughty Dog made a Bond game. I like Telltale games. But their games are a bit cartoony in terms of look.
  • I don't want Naughty Dog to make one because then it'd only be on Playstation. Spare some thought for the rest of us ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I don't have a Playstation either. So yeah it wouldn't help. :))
  • I don't know what Telltale has ever made, but those quotes sound amazing. Give it to someone who understands 007.
    Because I've been kind of disappointed by the latest Craig Bond games I'm really not going to hold my breath for any upcoming Bond games.
  • I was hoping Ubisoft would take it but I'd be happy with Telltale
    Rumor is we are getting a game next year any thoughts on when we will get the developer?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Risico007 wrote:
    Rumor is we are getting a game next year any thoughts on when we will get the developer?

My thoughts are: never trust the rumor mill until there's a good reason to expect something.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2014 Posts: 28,694
    Risico007 wrote:

Where'd you hear that at? I'm guessing the talk is that it's a tie-in with Bond 24?
    From a seperate forum... Truth be told my 360 broke a few months back so I have been going through older bond games (nightfire, Everything or nothing, From Russia with love,) and I still don't get the love affair everyone had with EA mind you some of the levels are great but some of them are not

One thing I am hoping is more stealth in playing Goldeneye for the Wii I have to say the levels where I get to be stealthy are the funist for me
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    I think it's time to try something new. GoldenEye was great, but the whole first person shooter thing is starting to not feel interesting.
    Pajan005 wrote:
    I think it's time to try something new. GoldenEye was great, but the whole first person shooter thing is starting to not feel interesting.

Yes, I have always disliked first person shooters.
    Rumor is Rocksteady is announcing its next game next month.. and While I know there is 1% chance it will be a bond game I am still hoping.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    We would need someone to acquire the licence first and I can't see that happening until next year with the next game coming a year or two after that.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Samuel001 wrote:
    We would need someone to acquire the licence first and I can't see that happening until next year with the next game coming a year or two after that.

That's true, sadly. Which means someone will probably rush the game in just a year to make the release coincide with Bond 24, thus the game will suck. It takes at least two years of development to make a really good lenghty game.

Although Traveller's Tales has recently expressed interest in making a James Bond movie, and that'd be awesome.
  • Risico007 wrote:
    Rumor is Rocksteady is announcing its next game next month.. and While I know there is 1% chance it will be a bond game I am still hoping.

That, I'm fairly certain will be the next Batman Arkham game, the sequel to Arkham City, at least that's what everyone is hoping for.

Risico007 wrote:

That, I'm fairly certain will be the next Batman Arkham game, the sequel to Arkham City, at least that's what everyone is hoping for.

There are also hints that Rocksteady is developing a Suicide Squad game, likely with Deathstroke in the starring role.
    with deathstroke everywhere I would love for him to be in Batman vs Superman
    Risico007 wrote:
    with deathstroke everywhere I would love for him to be in Batman vs Superman

Preferably played by Manu Bennet, the guy who plays him on Arrow.
  • FozioFozio MI6
    If I could create a perfect bond game it would be made by someone like ubersoft or even maybe lucasfilms and the most important thing to me... open world! that would be great just bond roaming around London doing missions! also randomly occurring events like in red dead redemption! and mabe you could travel to other big cities to free roam and stuff! but of cource every bond game needs a good storyline! BUT PLEASE NO ACTIVISION!
    Fozio wrote:
    If I could create a perfect bond game it would be made by someone like ubersoft or even maybe lucasfilms and the most important thing to me... open world! that would be great just bond roaming around London doing missions! also randomly occurring events like in red dead redemption! and mabe you could travel to other big cities to free roam and stuff! but of cource every bond game needs a good storyline! BUT PLEASE NO ACTIVISION!

Ubersoft? Lucasfilms? They're Ubisoft and LucasArts. While it sounds great, the odds of an open-world Bond game are pretty slim, because even the cities in Assassin's Creed 2 were pretty small, despite there being quite a few of them. I don't know about AC3 and AC4, but I doubt they're that much bigger. Plus, Activision is gone, no more Bond license. I hope, some day, they truly go away, because as far as they're concerned, if it ain't COD, it ain't worth anything.
  • FozioFozio MI6
    Im sooooooooo glad theres no more activision im tired of them trying to turn bond games in to CoD!
  • FozioFozio MI6
    Which company does everyone want the next bond game to be made by?
  • FozioFozio MI6
    How about bethesda? Different but would it work?
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Fozio wrote:
    Which company does everyone want the next bond game to be made by?

I'd like to see Ubisoft do it. Some of the stuff from Splinter Cell would fit Bond perfectly and the Ezio Assassin's Creed games are pretty much Renaissance Bond films.
    Fozio wrote:
    How about bethesda? Different but would it work?

I think the appeal of Fallout and Skyrim is the complete freedom you have and the massive world you can explore. That wouldn't carry over well into a Bond game because you're James Bond. So you can't create a character, you can't play the bad guy and you can't do anything Bond wouldn't do. Plus, Bond is a spy that goes on missions. Side quests wouldn't make much sense because why would a British secret agent stop to help random people?

Without the freedom and the world packed full of different quests and things to do, all you're left with is the gameplay. And I think that's the weakest part of those games. If Fallout was just a level based shooting game then everyone would have hated it.