Spectre rumor bin

Comments

• echoecho 007 in New York
    Ludovico wrote:
    Has Sean Connery been rumored to play the villain yet?

Yes, he and Al Pacino are playing the rebooted Wint and Kidd.
    I would have laughed at the suggestion of Radcliffe coming anywhere near Bond a few years ago, but he really seems to be establishing himself as a proper actor. Very impressive what he's done and the commitment he's shown to basically reinvent himself.
    I like Radcliffe, but he is still far too young to play a villain.
    Ludovico wrote:

Probably.
    Exactly,Craig would beat Radcliffe up with his little finger....and we all know what he can do with his little finger. ;)
    QBranch wrote:
    Ron Perlman Keen On Bond Role

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/ron-perlman-keen-bond-role-115200782.html

I would love to see Perlman in a role.

Would love to see him in a Bond movie but as a henchman, not as the main villain!
    barryt007 wrote:
    Exactly,Craig would beat Radcliffe up with his little finger....and we all know what he can do with his little finger. ;)

Oh, don't say that! Radcliffe knows some tricks with his finger too. ;)

http://data1.whicdn.com/images/1001022/large.gif
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    jobo wrote:
    barryt007 wrote:

Oh, don't say that! Radcliffe knows some tricks with his finger too. ;)

http://data1.whicdn.com/images/1001022/large.gif
    I strongly agree- and on top of that, he also gets his inspiration from Dalton.

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af172/garyw370/Timothy Dalton pics/171210Chuck-1.png
    Daniel Radcliffe in a Bond film? No thanks. Franchise-ender if ever I heard one!
    edited June 2014 Posts: 13,936
    I think he certainly has potential to be a great villain- I'm thinking an Elliott Carver-type villain, but more psychological. Granted, I haven't seen him in anything other than the Harry Potter series, so I have no idea if he could pull off the physical side. Either way, he's breaking free of the HP mold and striving for more challenging roles, so I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up getting a role at some point down the track when he's a tad older.
    Getafix wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

Probably.

Very likely.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 654
    Radcliffe in Bond? And I thought AVTAK had a strange cast...
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 1,261
    Well, after yesterday's incident at Manaus, they actually might think of bringing back Jaws, and the ideal cast would be Luis Suarez himself.

Bq6dQTmIUAISSrm.jpg

And maybe they might recruit another henchman?

10488087_246757662179r3sm4.jpg
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    echo wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:
    Has Sean Connery been rumored to play the villain yet?

Yes, he and Al Pacino are playing the rebooted Wint and Kidd.

Already looking forward for this to come true.

B-) \:D/ :)>- :D
    And maybe they might recruit another henchman?

10488087_246757662179r3sm4.jpg
    His pants are a bit too baggy IMO, but he would've made an excellent ally for Moore's Bond, what with all the convenient pockets to store gadgets.
    qcLCwXS.gif

And another candidate for a Bond villain. Apparently Hispanic.
    qcLCwXS.gif

And another candidate for a Bond villain. Apparently Hispanic.

:))
    edited June 2014 Posts: 1,261
    Well, this might be the Hispanic version of Sir August de Winter from "The Avengers" (no, not the Marvel stuff, the true and only British version, although the film is abysmal)...
    There is a pretty good chance Hoyte Van Hoytema will be the cinematographer of Bond 24. Hoytema was the director of photography on Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and Her. He finished shooting Interstellar with Christopher Nolan last December. Treat this as a rumor as of now but expect it to be confirmed soon.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @PanchitoPistoles, what makes you believe it's confirmed?
    Creasy47 wrote:

It isn't confirmed (if it was, I would have posted this in the Bond 24 News thread) but I trust my source.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 40,474
    Creasy47 wrote:

It isn't confirmed (if it was, I would have posted this in the Bond 24 News thread) but I trust my source.

Well you said "expect it to be confirmed soon," so I surmised it already was if your source is correct. Either way, if the DP of 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy' is in for B24, I'll be one happy man.
    There is a pretty good chance Hoyte Van Hoytema will be the cinematographer of Bond 24. Hoytema was the director of photography on Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy and Her. He finished shooting Interstellar with Christopher Nolan last December. Treat this as a rumor as of now but expect it to be confirmed soon.

yes Yes YES YES!!!!

It would be very welcome news. I would like to start the rumor that Ruth Wilson, of Luther fame, is up for the English Bond girl role. But that's more wishful thinking.

I believe Hoyte will be the cinimatographer as well perhaps pancho you and I share the same suit maker/source
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 4,400

Please let this be true!

Hoytema is such a class act. I recently watcher 'Her' and the framing and compostions that Hoytema conjures up are really stunning. That film was shot digitally and we already know that Bond 24 will be shot on film so it's a possibility that having shot 'Interstellar' for Nolan (a noted advocate for film) he may have convinced Mendes to return to the format after his digital excursion on SF.

I have to ask how certain are we of this news? Can this 'source' be trusted?

In the meanwhile here are some examples of Hoytema's work:

9941_4_large.jpg
    9941_7_large.jpg
    large_tinker_tailor_soldier_spy_blu-ray_08.jpg
    Interstellar-HD-screenshots-8.jpg
    Interstellar-HD-screenshots-2.jpg
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator

Without doubt this would be the man to get. I'd love it if EON were able to. I'm crossing my fingers.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 4,619
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Without doubt this would be the man to get. I'd love it if EON were able to. I'm crossing my fingers.

I was crossing my fingers for Robert Richardson or Emmanuel Lubezki. For some reason I completely forgot about Hoytema when I was thinking about possible cinematographers for Bond 24, but when I heard that he is doing Bond 24, I immediately thought that he is perfect for the job. He may not be a seasoned veteran like Roger Deakins but he is one of the best cinematographers of his generation.
    Risico007 wrote:
    I believe Hoyte will be the cinimatographer as well perhaps pancho you and I share the same suit maker/source

Wait! You knew that Hoyte Van Hoytema will be the DOP of Bond 24 and didn't share this information with other Bond fans??? :) Why? Next time you hear something about Bond 24, don't keep it to yourself! :D
    I'd be a lot more comfortable knowing what kind of source this was. Is it a friend of a friend of a guy or is it a directish link. No more details needed, just an idea of reliability.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I'd be a lot more comfortable knowing what kind of source this was. Is it a friend of a friend of a guy or is it a directish link. No more details needed, just an idea of reliability.

At this rate, I needn't know that. He trusts his source, and I'd like to hold on to the thought of Hoytema being DP for as long as possible.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

I can't say anything about my source but it seems like Risico007 too has heard that Hoytema will be the DOP and I am 99% sure we don't have the same source.