The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 13,894
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Now that I have the first two Hellraiser films on blu-ray and I have the third being imported, I picked up 'Hellraiser: Bloodline' on blu-ray for pretty cheap. Looking forward to a marathon of these. 'Bloodline' is the last entertaining one to me.

Bloodline is my favourite. Starting with Inferno, the series went downhill, fast. I have not seen Relevaltions, but I have heard nothing good about it.
    SaintMark wrote:
    dvd-revisitations3l.jpg

Special Editions of The Tomb Of The Cybermen & The Three Doctors. I'll sell of The Robots Of Death as The 4th Doctor isn't one of my favourites.

Very nice indeed, Robots of dead is actually quite hard scifi if I remember correctly. I already have all three of the titles so did not see any reason to fork out extra dosh to rebuy them as there are plenty left that I have not yet bought.

I already have both Tomb Of The Cybermen & The Three Doctors but I wanted to see what the SE's were like. Off the top of my head, i'm not sure how many I have left, that is, of the Doctors that I like. McCoy & C.Baker are complete, I have series 5 of Smith, I need only 2 more Pertwee and I have 4 from Hartnell.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @MajorDSmythe, please don't ever think you're bored enough to watch 'Revelations.' From 'Inferno' on, it's garbage, yet somehow...'Revelations' takes a terrible story (like the last four) and adds in someone who isn't tall, threatening, or menacing whatsoever in Pinhead's shoes. It was awful. What're your thoughts on 'Hell On Earth'?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @MajorDSmythe, please don't ever think you're bored enough to watch 'Revelations.' From 'Inferno' on, it's garbage, yet somehow...'Revelations' takes a terrible story (like the last four) and adds in someone who isn't tall, threatening, or menacing whatsoever in Pinhead's shoes. It was awful. What're your thoughts on 'Hell On Earth'?

I have heard that Pinhead looks like a really poor cosplay attempt at Pinhead. As for Hell On Earth, I have not seen it for some time, but I remember liking it. The first four films would make up my top 4 ranking of the series.

edited May 2014 Posts: 40,471
    That's about spot on. It really is awful work. I think the problem with the latter four films were just the rushed hastiness to it, and the fact that the Cenobites didn't show up until the last five minutes. Granted, the story has always been about box and a comparison between what some see as pleasure and some see as pain, but come on, you gotta throw in the Cenobites more than that. 'Hell On Earth' is definitely my favorite. That finale gives me the creeps every time.

EDIT: 'Hellraiser 3' finally arrived and works perfectly!
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Bound for Glory
    Hal Ashby's David Carradine starrer about the early life of Woody Guthrie. Really looking forward to watching this as I remember when it was released but have never had chance to see it.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Saving Private Ryan on blu-ray

My favorite WWII movie and one of my favorite war movies ever!
    Drive Hard
    Archer: Series 2
    Archer: Series 3
    Bad Blood
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,432
    kill bill volume 1 and 2 box set on bluray, films look great on this format.

Sin city dvd.
    Hulk vs on dvd.
    Time machine 1960 on dvd, was not cheap though one of my favourite science fiction movies from that era. Recently bought War of the worlds 1953 which even today is fantastic.

Just purchased all on dvd.
    The final countdown.
    Westworld.
    Capricorn One.
    Them.
    Machete Kills.
    Rocketeer.

Also Star Trek 2 Wrath of Khan and Forbidden Planet both on bluray.

Just bought Xmen ultimate collection on bluray from sainsburys £14 bargain. Does not include The Wolverine though recently bought that.

Picked up The sixth sense and Unbreakable on dvd from a charity shop, think that's my spending done for the month.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2014 Posts: 4,441
    Other May:

19 May. DVD: Looney Tunes De Road Runner Collectie Deel 1'
    Specifications and episodes who are on it.
    Audio DD 1.0/Subtitels: English, Dutch/Nederlands, France, Italian, Hongarian, Croatian.

Beep, Beep (1952)
    Going! Going! Gosh! (1952)
    Zipping Along (1953)
    Stop! Look! And Hasten! (1954)
    Ready, Set, Zoom! (1955)
    Guided Muscle (1955)
    Gee Wiz-z-z-z-z-z-z (1956)
    There They Go-Go-Go (1956)
    Scrambled Aches (1957)
    Zoom and Bored (1957)
    Whoa, Be-Gone! (1958)

Cheese Chasers (1951)
    Dover Boys at Pimento University (1942)
    Mouse Wreckers (1948)
    A Bear for Punishment (1951)

Extra's:

The Adventures of the Roadrunner (25 min)
    Crash! Bang! Boom! The Wild Sounds of Trey Brown (11 min)
    The Bugs Bunny and Roadrunner Show (2 min)
    The Trace Race (2 min)
    6 Audiocommentary tracks.
    Alternate Music Tracks

On 20 May i get my won dvd: Una Pistola En Cada Mano (2012).

and BD 122 - 21 May:

Moost hyped/beat Titanic at Boxoffice (2,7 billion) and one of those movies why i deside to choose for 3D player/TV......

1002004012518616.jpg

The 3D and 2D version of the movie are on 1 Bluray disc.
    Audio: English DTS-HD MA 5.1. France, German & Italian DD 5.1 (384 kb/s) Subtitels: English, France, German, Italian, Dutch/Nederlands & Turkish. Disc 2 (Regio 2 dvd): Audio: English & France DD 5.1 (384 kb/s) Subtitels: English, Dutch/Nederlands & France
    - 2 disc 3D set (3D/2D + DVD) with Limited 3D effect sleeve.

Video, include a look to the above titels.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOhLbi0Q-H0

Totaly BD/DVD May 2014: 9
    Totaly spend in May: € 58,96
    Despicable Me 2 but haven't watched it yet as still working my way through the Bond50 boxset which I bought several weeks ago.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Just today: Airplane, The Outsiders, The International, X-Files: I Want To Believe.
    chrisisall wrote:
    Just today: Airplane, The Outsiders, The International, X-Files: I Want To Believe.

The international is a good film, has some Bondian elements. Love the scene in the The Guggenheim Museum.
  • Picked up a couple of DVDs from my local Poundland, Transformers and GI Joe: The Rise Of Cobra......
    The international is a good film, has some Bondian elements. Love the scene in the The Guggenheim Museum.
    Thing about that film is, first time I saw it I was expecting more or less a Bond-like film, and was disappointed with the lack of numerous action set-pieces. This time I'll watch it for the STORY. :))
    Loved The International.
    Today I got T2 (BR) & MI: Ghost Protocol.
    Jesse Stone - death in Paradise

A brilliant creation by Robert B. Parker and Tom Selleck in another career defining role.
    chrisisall wrote:
    Loved The International.

T2 is another great looking film on blu-ray, as was the first one. From now on, when I do a 'Terminator' marathon, I'm doing those two and that's it. Selling the third and fourth films just so I never have to watch them again. They're okay to some extent, but if I never watch them again, I won't be upset.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    Loved The International.

T2 is another great looking film on blu-ray, as was the first one. From now on, when I do a 'Terminator' marathon, I'm doing those two and that's it. Selling the third and fourth films just so I never have to watch them again. They're okay to some extent, but if I never watch them again, I won't be upset.

So more of a sprint than a marathon then. ;-)
    It'll be a nice-paced jog, as I love to soak in all the moments from the first two films. ;-)

Plus, I just see it ending after T2, there's no reason at all to continue watching after that unless you want everything that was set up in the initial two films to be ruined.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Plus, I just see it ending after T2, there's no reason at all to continue watching after that
    Agreed. T2's ending is just perfect.
    @Creasy47, at one time I had the 'Ultimate DVD Edition' of T2 that had the alternate ending with old Sarah & grown up John pushing his daughter on a swing in a futuristic park- have you ever seen this?
    :O I have never seen that before! Once I'm finished watching this movie I'll have to look it up and see if I can find it on YouTube. I had no idea there was an alternate ending.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'm not that familiar with the Terminator films, but was T2 supposed to be the actual ending to the series (hence the alternate ending) but the studio and other creators wanted to continue it without Cameron and his team for numbers 3 and 4?
    edited June 2014 Posts: 17,691
    @Creasy47, here ya go.

I used to like this ending, but after a while I felt it nailed down the happy without addressing the possible paradoxes. In the end, I like the regular coda best, hint of mystery & all that.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 40,471
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'm not sure exactly, but with the way T2 wraps up, there really doesn't need to be another film. The plot is excellently done and seen through to the end, and with the way it wraps up, you can't really have another movie. They just wanted to milk the series by doing an unnecessary third, then they thought they would spice it up by doing one that takes place in the future. I don't like either of them.

@chrisisall, thank you for that. Well, Sarah's makeup looks good, and I can't help but laugh at the fact that the fashion of 2027 is the same as 1997. I prefer the original ending.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2014 Posts: 4,441
    I like the third one and it whas stil good movie because Sony, Cameron and Arnold stil be part of it. Fans whant a Terminator 3 for years like Die Hard 4. I dislike the 4th one because it is to much Christian Bale/hype of Batman Begins. It be more a produced Warner movie, whyle Sony released it and district 9 from same year there special effects are much better. The 5th movie is believe again more Universal/Paramount project who make the 2th movie and Arnold is back.
    Death in Paradise series 1 & 2, one of the better police whodunits in recent years, and fun too.
    SaintMark wrote:
    Death in Paradise series 1 & 2, one of the better police whodunits in recent years, and fun too.

Have you seen Series 3?
    SaintMark wrote:

Have you seen Series 3?

Yes, this is one show I clear my schedule for, even without Ben Miller the show became better. And that I did not expect at all.

SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

Have you seen Series 3?

Yes, this is one show I clear my schedule for, even without Ben Miller the show became better. And that I did not expect at all.

I don't care much for Kris Marshall so I only watched the first episode. Ben Miller rules! ;-)
    SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

Have you seen Series 3?

I don't care much for Kris Marshall so I only watched the first episode. Ben Miller rules! ;-)

I was not sure either but Marshall quickly rose to his own and did a splendid job, he pulled most critical fans to his side rather quickly too. I believe on that basis two more seasons have been ordered.