The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

Just bought Arnie's/Stallone's Escape Plan
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Are the jokes that the kids won't understand more mature (a la the first Shrek film), or are they just catered to an adult crowd in terms of content?

EDIT: I just bought 'The Social Network' on blu-ray for cheap, as well. Gotta love eBay deals. I now own every Fincher film but 'Panic Room' (which isn't on blu-ray, unfortunately).
    There are more of a reference-humour that kids won't really get.

For example there's Batman saying "Go with him cause he's the guy you deserve right now", there are many other jokes like that with references and parodies :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I definitely need to check out the Lego Movie. I meant to see it in theaters when it was out but never got the chance. Batman alone being in it is worth a purchase, and I've heard nothing but great things about it so far.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2014 Posts: 4,447
    April:

11 April:

ver6m8.jpg
    BD 111: Despicable Me 2 (2013) - 3 disc 3D release with 3D effect sleeve (3D BD/2D BD/DVD)

Specifications:
    3D Disc (Regio FREE):
    Audio: English DTS-HD MA 5.1. DTS: France, Portuguese, Czech, Spanish, Polish, Flemish/Vlaams & Dutch/Nederlands. Subtitels: English, France, Portuguese, Czech, Spanish, Polish & Dutch/Nederlands.
    Extra audio Descriptive in France DD 2.0 at the top of the language menu selection with no subtitels.

Extra: Puppy mini movie in 3D.

On the background playing a short with 3 minions in The Minion Movie Auditions.

2D Disc (Regio FREE):
    Audio: English DTS-HD MA 5.1. DTS: France, German, Turkish, Dutch/Nederlands, Flemish/Vlaams, Icelandic, Croatian & Greek.
    Subtitels: English, France, German, Turkish, Dutch/Nederlands, icelandic, Croatian & Greek.
    Extra audio Descriptive in France DD 2.0 at the top of the language menu selection with no subtitels.

Extra's: Delete Scene. Features: The Minions. Evil Minions, A Gru-Some Transformation, El Hombre Malo: The Villainy Of El Macho.

Audio Commentary with only English subtitel option
    Gru's Girls Feature. Gadgets Galore Feature.

Mini Movies: Puppy, Panic In The Mailroom & Training Wheels. The Making Off.

On the background playing a short with 3 minions in The Minion Movie Auditions.

DVD (Regio 2):
    Audio: English, France, Dutch/Nederlands, Flemish/Vlaams
    Subtitels: English, France, Dutch/Nederlands.

Extra's:

Start up Trailers: Despicable Me the game, The Boxtrolls, Barbie Mariposa & The Fairy Princess, Barbie and Her Sisters A Pony Tale, Monster High 13 Wishes.

Audio Commentary with only English subtitel option
    Gru's Girls Feature. Gadgets Galore Feature.

16 April:

BD 112: Robin Hood Prince Of Thieves (1991)

BD 113: Empire of The Sun (1987). 10th movie directed by Steven Spielberg in my collection. The 2 extra's from the 2 disc SE are taken over.

24 April
    Movie releated: The Soundtrack score from the first Mission Impossible (1996).

and 2 dvd's on the first Kingsday 26 April 2014:

25jawc4.jpg
    Gorky Park (1983) Directed by Michael Apted (Twine)
    Seven Years In Tibet (1997) Extra's not subtiteld, but the BD release not have any bonusmaterial and used the same audio track as dvd and the video quality is not much better.

Totaly BD in March 2014: 5
    Totaly spend on those in March 2014: € 36,00.
    The Hobbit -The desolation of Smaug
    Horton hears a Who (what a great chirlderens tale)
    Whiteout (Kate Beckinsale in a great movie made from a comic)
    The Dark Knight rises (€1,50 was alright a price I thought)
    My name is Sarah (brilliant WOII movie)
    Eragon (for the kids!!)
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    I recently caught up Big Fish. Excellent catch, I'd say
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 368
    I totally have to buy "Despicable me 1+2" :)
    M_Balje wrote:
    BD 111: Despicable Me 2 (2013) - 3 disc 3D release with 3D effect sleeve (3D BD/2D BD/DVD)

• BETTY BOOP: THE ESSENTIAL COLLECTION VOL. 3 (1932-1938) Blu-ray
    THIS IS CINERAMA (1952) Blu-ray
    CINERAMA HOLIDAY (1955) Blu-ray
    WINDJAMMER: THE VOYAGE OF THE CHRISTIAN RADICH (1958) Blu-ray
    PRINCESS IRON FAN (1966 Hong Kong) DVD
    SORCERER (1977) Blu-ray
    MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000: THE MOVIE (1996) Blu-ray
    edited April 2014 Posts: 4,447
    Today:

Get 3 pay 2:

BD114: The Invasion. 10th movie with Daniel Craig in my collection. 9 of those be dvd, so this be first movie with him on BD that i bought.
    BD115: Constantine
    BD116: Collateral Damage

Totaly BD/DVD in April 2014: 8
    Totaly spend on those in April 2014: € 33,18.
    Mission Impossible
    Mission Impossible 2
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Ellen Foster (Jena Malone)
    The Witchfinder General (Vincent Price)
    Frankenstein And The Monster From Hell (3 Disc DVD/BR Combo)
    edited May 2014 Posts: 4,447
    Today:

BD: Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole 2 disc set with sleeve (3D+2D Combopack)
    BD: Toy Story 2 disc set with sleeve (3D+2D Combopack)

and...

2md1b89.jpg

BD: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 4 disc set with 3D effect sleeve (3D+2D+Bonus Disc) The first movie be first my moost expensive BD release, now it be the sequel.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    41SSv58iflL._SY300_.jpg
    Alien Anthology on blu-ray
    With the new Alien Isolation video game coming out later this year, I've been in the mood for this franchise and I've been wanting to buy this for sometime now. It's normally about $50 - $60 but I found it on sale for $25 and had to get it!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Imported 'Hellraiser 3' from Australia on blu-ray. It's the only copy I could find that is Region A, cost me $26.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Man From Atlantis 4 TV Movies, the 1978 theatrical release of Battlestar Galactica (my first Blu Ray! Yahoo!)

@Murdock- have you watched Superman II The Donner Cut yet?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    The Living Daylights (my second Blu Ray!)
    Scored 'The Strangers' on blu-ray through an eBay bid for only $4.50!
    Bourne trilogy steel box set.

Imaginiarum of doctor parnassus, always been fan of Gilliam. Recently got Twelve monkeys on Bluray and The fisher king is one of my favourite films. Panrnassus is quite unique and visually certainly has a impact. There is a certain scene that is very foreboding considering its Ledgers last film though he did not complete it. Though strangely how they reluctantly adapt to his passing gives the film resonance. worth a look
    M_Balje wrote:
    Today:

BD: Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole 2 disc set with sleeve (3D+2D Combopack)
    BD: Toy Story 2 disc set with sleeve (3D+2D Combopack)

and...

2md1b89.jpg

BD: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug 4 disc set with 3D effect sleeve (3D+2D+Bonus Disc) The first movie be first my moost expensive BD release, now it be the sequel.

I got the same Bluray massive improvement on first Hobbit film. I think with Smaug there is 30mins extra footage in extended version. i will probly buy ...five armies and still buy the extended box set when it comes out. Movie marketing makes us pay lol

@ QsAssistant Some excellent documentarys on the alien boxset.
    @fire_and_ice, that's my issue: too impatient to wait for each film separately extended (or the extended trilogy boxset), so I buy the regular editions separately as soon as they release. Oh well, I'll just hold on to them and assume the extended editions are good, I don't feel like double dipping.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @fire_and_ice, that's my issue: too impatient to wait for each film separately extended (or the extended trilogy boxset), so I buy the regular editions separately as soon as they release. Oh well, I'll just hold on to them and assume the extended editions are good, I don't feel like double dipping.
    Think i have more money than sense sometimes, must admit regarding Hobbit was not that bothered after first film. Still think it could have been two or even one film. Though sounds daft maybe not see box sets as ornaments, Hobbit trilogy would look fitting next to lord of rings ;-)
    @fire_and_ice, I most certainly have a problem when it comes to buying blu-rays. I see a good deal, think "Yeah, that was good." or "Oh, it had that one awesome scene!" or "I thought that was a great movie," and then I buy it, it ships, it arrives, and I put it in my collection. Hell, there are some films I've owned for nearly a year that are still unwrapped.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @fire_and_ice, I most certainly have a problem when it comes to buying blu-rays. I see a good deal, think "Yeah, that was good." or "Oh, it had that one awesome scene!" or "I thought that was a great movie," and then I buy it, it ships, it arrives, and I put it in my collection. Hell, there are some films I've owned for nearly a year that are still unwrapped.

Unfortunately i have the amazon bug, Literally found every movie i have ever wanted based on memory and watchded it several years later and realised the memory was better then the film. My movie collection is ridiculous lol Though converted most of the good stuff onto Bluray. films i am not too bothered about just buy on dvd for stupidly cheap prices then decide if it worth buying on bluray. I know its sad lol
    @fire_and_ice, you needn't worry, I'm right there with you. I own nearly 250 blu-rays, but the blu-ray forum I frequent, I've seen people with blu-ray collections in the thousands, so I don't feel as bad about myself when I see that.

Of course, as I talk about this, it's almost 4 A.M., and I'm waiting for sale prices to kick in on a certain site so I can pick up some good movies for cheap.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @fire_and_ice, you needn't worry, I'm right there with you. I own nearly 250 blu-rays, but the blu-ray forum I frequent, I've seen people with blu-ray collections in the thousands, so I don't feel as bad about myself when I see that.

Of course, as I talk about this, it's almost 4 A.M., and I'm waiting for sale prices to kick in on a certain site so I can pick up some good movies for cheap.

Ha ha you worse than me, alas my blurays are maybe a hundred. :-) I just love movies, my logic is you could spend money on worse things. The Blurays i have i know i will watch indefinitely. I suppose that's the way i justify it, sets like the Indy serious, star wars, lord of the rings, nolans batman trilogy and of course All the bonds. I may not watch them for months but at some point you revisit them and think yeah glad i have these films and god they look good.
    That's how I look at it: I love films, and at least I'm not spending the money on pointless stuff that I'll never use. I figure that if I watch all of the films at least once, it was money well spent, and I know that they're there in high quality for me to watch whenever I want.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,432
    It does make a difference the quality certainly with modern films. My brother still says it does not make a difference, though even classics more so well shot classics bluray elevates a movie to another level. Remember watching Chinatown or Alien for first time on Bluray. Alien was first film i bought on bluray, and it was already a good film, though seeing the detail from a film from 1979, it was a wow moment. Still not many films on bluray hit the level of those two films.
    edited May 2014 Posts: 4,447
    03 May. BD 120: Toy Story 2 - 2 disc set with sleeve (3D+2D Combopack)
    05 May. BD 121: The Aviator (Written by John Logan)

14 May. Leverage Season 1 (Indies Entertainment) on dvd. First don't whant to buy it out of protest/disapointed that this be only season what be released and re-released on dvd and the channel only give the first 2 seasons and not contuned with the other 3 seasons. First view of season 2 be in 2010 since then there only repeat it. Same time as Burn Notice, who the channel final contune last year with last 6 episodes of season 3 after 3 years,but Fox stil not release it on dvd and we wait now on s4-s7.

When it whas the end for Indies Entertaintment CSI whas taken over by Dutch Film Works who contuned and re-released earlier seasons, but Leverage is taken over by earlier already disapointed A Film Entertainment (The invisible Man 2000 and The Avengers.) who deside to quite with tv series.
    Narnia 3 BR/DVD
    Amazing Spiderman dvd
    X-man first class BR/DVD
    The Girl with the Pearl earring dvd
    Becoming Jane dvd
    Love in times of Cholera dvd
    I bought the first two 'Hellraiser' films and both 'Under Siege' films on blu-ray tonight.