The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

Just the other day I bought The King's Speech, and watched it for the second time; I absolutely love that film. Well-deserved best picture winner.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Seven
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Already own both of them on DVD but I needed them in my small Blu Ray collection.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Seven
    The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)

Already own both of them on DVD but I needed them in my small Blu Ray collection.

Both of those look absolutely fantastic on blu-ray.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 1,009
    Pacific Rim, The Wolverine, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and Kick-Ass 2 on BD, all them used but in good condition.

Going for Get Carter (1971) and Time Bandits in April (BluRay films get a veeeeeery delayed release in my country).
  • BGDBGD
    edited March 2014 Posts: 37
    Wayne's World 2 is the last movie I bought.
    Did some pre-order switches, got a blu-ray as a gift, and found some good deals, so here's where I'm at now on blu-ray today:

I got 'American Hustle' as a gift, decided to buy 'The Wolf of Wall Street' from Target because it was a steelbook, switched my pre-order (and paid off) 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier,' and picked up 'The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford.'
    edited March 2014 Posts: 40,492
    Just bought 'Gravity' brand new on blu-ray for $15.

Also, someone gave me a K-Mart giftcard they didn't want so I (FINALLY!) managed to get 'Captain America: The First Avenger' for $7 on blu-ray.
    The Graduate
    It was the most expensive movie at the store but I've keen of having this one from a long time. I love this movie. It talks to me in a very personal way (which is not your business!). The word "classic" is used a lot but this is one movie that truly deserves it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    0013 wrote:
    The Graduate
    It was the most expensive movie at the store but I've keen of having this one from a long time. I love this movie. It talks to me in a very personal way (which is not your business!). The word "classic" is used a lot but this is one movie that truly deserves it.

We have imagination.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    0013 wrote:
    The Graduate
    Definitely a well-crafted coming of age story, and features some brilliant acting, chiefly
    in that last scene on the bus
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Lying
    Whiteout
    Underworld: Awakening
    Don Jon
    Hatchet 3
    Jack The Ripper (1988)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I love bargin bins because I got the lot!

Superman the Movie
    Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
    Blade Runner: The Final Cut
    Lethal Weapon 1-4 (Special 4 Pack.)
    Mission Impossible 1-3(Special 3 Pack.)
    And
    10 High Octane Action Movie pack. (Filled with stuff I never heard of so this should be exciting.)
    Murdock wrote:

Superman the Movie
    And
    10 High Octane Action Movie pack. (Filled with stuff I never heard of so this should be exciting.)

You're in for a fun weekend! You picked up some great titles.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Superman the Movie
    And

You're in for a fun weekend! You picked up some great titles.

Indeed, I also picked up thw GTA Trilogy for PS2 so new games! :-bd
    @Murdock, that's probably the greatest game trilogy out there. You're definitely in for a treat! I'd love to go back and replay those.
    Rush. My fave movie of 2013
    dragonsky wrote:
    Rush. My fave movie of 2013

I thought 'Rush' was pretty good. I was overly anticipating it, though, and sadly, it was a bit of a let down. I'll have to rewatch it soon.
    edited April 2014 Posts: 16,333
    Enter The Dragon (1973)
    The Terminator (1984)
    True Lies (1994)
    Eraser (1996)
    The Dirty Harry 4 pack. (Excluding The Dead Pool for some reason.)
    The Complete Indiana Jones collection. (Sadly including Kingdom of the Crystal skull.)
    And another pack of random action movies. 15 of them this time.
  • I recently bought Limitless, the 2011 thriller starring Bradley Cooper based on the Alan Glynn novel 'The Dark Fields' (later renamed Limitless) it was only $5 and I had enjoyed my first viewings of it
  • The In Crowd (2000)

Anyone seen it here?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Black Widow
    My New Gun
    Lizzie Borden Took An Axe
    The Hot Flashes
    Violet & Daisy
    The Mentalist: Series 1
    The Mentalist: Series 2
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Got a pirate copy of The Wolf Of Wall Street yesterday, didn't bother seeing it at the cinema, it should be good.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Murdock, that's probably the greatest game trilogy out there.

Nah ;)

EzioTrilogy-360.png
    @dragonsky, I would like to see it first, but everyone I've talked to said that it's amazing.

I haven't really updated here in a while, but I recently picked up 'Doubt' and 'The Game (Criterion Collection).'
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Southern Comfort directed by Walter Hill. Great film
    The Reign of Terror, story from the first season of Dr Who with William Hartnel. Episodes 4 and 5 have been animated as they are lost in time…
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    THE HOBBIT-THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG
    Not for me, but for my son. I infinitely prefer the TLOTR trilogy.
    I picked up 'Edge of Darkness' and 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button' SE Criterion Collection last night for real cheap.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @dragonsky, I would like to see it first, but everyone I've talked to said that it's amazing.

I haven't really updated here in a while, but I recently picked up 'Doubt' and 'The Game (Criterion Collection).'
    I saw it in cinemas and I really liked it. It's fun for the kids but it has a lot of jokes that kids won't understand. Probably the most fun I've had with a movie entire year :)
    edited April 2014 Posts: 40,492
    Are the jokes that the kids won't understand more mature (a la the first Shrek film), or are they just catered to an adult crowd in terms of content?

EDIT: I just bought 'The Social Network' on blu-ray for cheap, as well. Gotta love eBay deals. I now own every Fincher film but 'Panic Room' (which isn't on blu-ray, unfortunately).
  • THE INCREDIBLE JOURNEY (1963)
    DRACULA, PRINCE OF DARKNESS (1965) Blu-ray
    FRANKENSTEIN CREATED WOMAN (1966) Blu-ray
    THE ASPHYX (1973) Blu-ray
    LEMORA - A CHILD'S TALE OF THE SUPERNATURAL (1973)
    SILVERADO (1985) Blu-ray
    THE BLACK STALLION (1979) Blu-ray
    THE BEAST OF HOLLOW MOUNTAIN (1956)/THE NEANDERTHAL MAN (1953) Blu-ray
    MACHINE GUN MCCAIN (1969)
    HIGHLY DANGEROUS (1950)
    CRY DANGER (1951, an interesting minor Bond connection: Maurice Binder is credited here for the very first time in a film, but not for title design... but as assistant to the producer!) Blu-ray