The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I just bought on Blu-ray Prometheus (to complete my Alien collection), The Road Warrior, and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Deluxe Edition. I haven't seen The Dark Knight Returns yet but I couldn't pass up the Deluxe Edition, which has volumes 1 and 2 and was on sale. It's one big movie that's over two and a half hours!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I just bought on Blu-ray Prometheus (to complete my Alien collection), The Road Warrior, and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Deluxe Edition. I haven't seen The Dark Knight Returns yet but I couldn't pass up the Deluxe Edition, which has volumes 1 and 2 and was on sale. It's one big movie that's over two and a half hours!

Your in for a treat. TDKR is my favorite Batman movie to date. :-bd
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Rotten To The Core
    The Cotten Club
    The Shipping News
    The Proposition
    The Siege Of Ruby Ridge
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Murdock wrote:
    Your in for a treat. TDKR is my favorite Batman movie to date. :-bd

I just watched it earlier today and I really enjoyed it! The last animated Batman movie I watched was Year One and while I enjoyed it I was left mildly disappointed. My expectations for The Dark Knight Returns wasn't very high and it has become my favorite animated Batman movie to date! It has me wanting to re-watch some of the old ones and see some of the new ones, like Son of Batman.

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Got my first Bond Blu-Ray in the post today!!
    SANY7396_zps48706c90.jpg
    I guess it's no big deal to most, but seein' my favourite Bond movie in a new way will be so cool!! B-)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @chrisisall, that's a big deal to me! I was so excited to get the rest of the Bond films on blu-ray that had yet to be released, but I was most excited to get GE and see it in beautiful HD.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I was most excited to get GE and see it in beautiful HD.
    The player will be delivered sometime this week, if I see a big difference, then LTK, GE & TND will be next!
    chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I was most excited to get GE and see it in beautiful HD.
    The player will be delivered sometime this week, if I see a big difference, then LTK, GE & TND will be next!

Keep me posted and let me know how it all goes! The transition from DVD to blu-ray is an enjoyable one.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Keep me posted and let me know how it all goes!
    Just got the player & watched the PTS of TLD.

OH MY GOD!!!

The colours are deeper & richer, the detail is flawless down to cracks in rocks and even skin creases! The clouds above Gibraltar looked almost 3D!
    Yep, I'm a convert. ^:)^
    @chrisisall, very happy to hear!! I told you the first-time difference is wonderful. I'm still in awe from time to time seeing the quality of some of these films.

Thought I posted it here last night, but I bought two John Woo films on blu-ray last night: 'Hard Boiled' and 'The Killer.'
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Now i'm tempted to pick up TLD on BR too. :-?
    If you have a Blu Ray player you should. I can't wait to watch the entire thing; it was a particularly well photographed film IMHO.
    chrisisall wrote:
    If you have a Blu Ray player you should. I can't wait to watch the entire thing; it was a particularly well photographed film IMHO.

I have a PS3, so there isn't anything stopping me.
    chrisisall wrote:

I have a PS3, so there isn't anything stopping me.
    Kill bill 2 and Clerks 2 on dvd, working my way through Tarantino and Smith back catalog.

Also bought Deep blue sea on bluray, only watched it once years ago. Recall it being a bad movie that was good was only 2.99.
    The RoboCop Trilogy.
    Murdock wrote:
    The RoboCop Trilogy.
    SD or BR?
    I love the first & the third. I can get through the second with a few breaks...
    dvd-revisitations3l.jpg

Special Editions of The Tomb Of The Cybermen & The Three Doctors. I'll sell of The Robots Of Death as The 4th Doctor isn't one of my favourites.
    chrisisall wrote:
    SD or BR?
    I love the first & the third. I can get through the second with a few breaks...

3 pack DVD set for now anyway. I love the first one. the others are okay. I can watch the first one like I can Die Hard and GoldenEye.

Last three movies bought (on the cheap) : DVDs : The Avengers (Marvel) and X-Men : First Class. Blu-Ray : Iron Man 1 ( € 6,99, that was a bargain I couldn't resist).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Gerard wrote:
    Last three movies bought (on the cheap) : DVDs : The Avengers (Marvel) and X-Men : First Class. Blu-Ray : Iron Man 1 ( € 6,99, that was a bargain I couldn't resist).

Why resist? Excellent CB films all three.
    I picked up 'Jack Reacher' on blu-ray the other day for dirt cheap.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:

That movie's cost should be dirt cheap. ;)
    Creasy47 wrote:

That movie's cost should be dirt cheap. ;)

I got it for $6 and I can probably sell the digital code it comes with for less than $2. I've never read the Jack Reacher novels, so I can't really be bitter that Cruise is nothing like the character. I saw it and it was enjoyable enough to own, especially at that price.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Excellent film looks great on bluray, hope they adapt further novels.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Another film is coming. Unfortunately for those of us who have read and enjoyed the books, it is indeed with Cruise as Reacher again. Cannot enjoy the film because of the casting.

Last movie I bought was The Bank Job, with Jason Statham. I love, love, love that film. It is so much fun. :)
    Another film is coming. Unfortunately for those of us who have read and enjoyed the books, it is indeed with Cruise as Reacher again. Cannot enjoy the film because of the casting.

Last movie I bought was The Bank Job, with Jason Statham. I love, love, love that film. It is so much fun. :)

'The Bank Job' is so entertaining! I love it, one of my favorite Statham films. :-)
    Got this one last month:

SANY7398_zps011e0477.jpg

Wow, what a cool movie. Burt is an ex CIA dude embroiled in a small-town conflict with a bunch of neo-fascist dumasses. What sets this modest 1987 film apart from the other 80's tough guy stuff is his silent lack of witty repartee. Quite refreshing.
    7/10, just like I remembered.
    Now that I have the first two Hellraiser films on blu-ray and I have the third being imported, I picked up 'Hellraiser: Bloodline' on blu-ray for pretty cheap. Looking forward to a marathon of these. 'Bloodline' is the last entertaining one to me.
    dvd-revisitations3l.jpg

Special Editions of The Tomb Of The Cybermen & The Three Doctors. I'll sell of The Robots Of Death as The 4th Doctor isn't one of my favourites.

Very nice indeed, Robots of dead is actually quite hard scifi if I remember correctly. I already have all three of the titles so did not see any reason to fork out extra dosh to rebuy them as there are plenty left that I have not yet bought.