The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited July 2014 Posts: 16,330
    The Superman film collection. I-Returns.
    The Dead Zone (With Christopher Walken.)
    and
    Total Recall (the good one.) ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited July 2014 Posts: 40,470
    Checked FYE online today and sure enough, they FINALLY had a copy of a DVD (which says something, as I never purchase DVD's) of a classic 80's horror film I love: 'Hell Night.' Got it for $14, an absolute steal. Used a 30% off coupon and picked up 'Enemy' on blu-ray and got free shipping in the process.
    Murdock wrote:
    The Superman film collection. I-Returns.
    The Dead Zone (With Christopher Walken.)
    and
    Total Recall (the good one.) ;)

4 good movies and 1/2 of decent one, sounds alright to me.

Was just offered a movie gift purchase (which of course I didn't deny), so I picked up 'Harakiri' on Criterion blu-ray for free. Can't complain about that! That'll certainly lighten my purchase load next weekend.
    I bought 'Above The Law' on blu-ray for $5. That's a steal for getting to watch Seagal kick more ass anytime I want. Now that I own four films of his on blu-ray, I can see me having a Seagal marathon very soon...
    Gotham knight - DC consistenltl have excellent special features on there animated movies.
    L.A. Confidential - One of my favourite movies from the 90's.

All on bluray.
    My buddy bought me 'Traffic' on Criterion blu-ray because he's amazing. Going off to shop now to pick up a bunch more Criterion blu-rays, I'm sure.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    My buddy bought me 'Traffic' on Criterion blu-ray because he's amazing. Going off to shop now to pick up a bunch more Criterion blu-rays, I'm sure.

Funnily enough, I planned on watching Traffic tomorrow. Haven't seen it in ages.
    Stone Cold with Tom Selleck
    @WillyGalore, let me know what you think!

My huge Criterion shopping trip was a major success yesterday. Picked up each of these for about $12 on Criterion blu-ray:

'Yojimbo,' 'Sanjuro,' 'Brazil,' 'The Wages of Fear,' 'Che,' 'The Samurai Trilogy,' 'Solaris,' 'The Big Chill,' and 'Seven Samurai.' I can't wait to dive into all of these!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    'Solaris,'
    The Russian or American version?

@chrisisall, the Russian version. It was a blind buy, but I'm a big sci-fi fan and it came heavily recommended! My other blind buys (couldn't pass some up at those prices) were 'Sanjuro,' 'Brazil,' most of 'The Samurai Trilogy,' and 'Seven Samurai.'
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    @WillyGalore, let me know what you think!

My huge Criterion shopping trip was a major success yesterday. Picked up each of these for about $12 on Criterion blu-ray:

'Yojimbo,' 'Sanjuro,' 'Brazil,' 'The Wages of Fear,' 'Che,' 'The Samurai Trilogy,' 'Solaris,' 'The Big Chill,' and 'Seven Samurai.' I can't wait to dive into all of these!

Wow - that's some great cinema there. Watch Yojimbo followed by A Fistful of Dollars, great double bill!
    Haven't seen The Seven Samurai in ages, damn good film.
    @Lancaster007, I figured with everyone talking about how amazing 'Seven Samurai' was, there was no way I could go wrong in blind buying it. Plus, the ones I have seen, I watched them in mediocre quality on my computer, so I can't wait to see them all on blu-ray. But, I also have an itching to watch some Bond today, so I've no clue what to watch first...
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    @Creasy47, so many good films…so little time! Happy viewing.
    edited July 2014 Posts: 40,470
    @Creasy47, so many good films…so little time! Happy viewing.

Indeed, thank you very much! I also didn't get to finish the second half of 'Che.' The only version I could find was out of sync with overall bad video quality, and since I loved the first part and Soderbergh's work in general, I knew I couldn't go wrong in getting that, as well.

EDIT: Alright, *slaps hand*, I had one last coupon to use and couldn't let it go to waste, so I blind bought ONE last film. I swear. Maybe. If I do it again, someone slap me. Anyway, I picked up 'Orpheus' (1950), as the Three Reasons Criterion trailer made it look awesome. Seems like 'The Matrix' stole a lot from the movie, can't wait to see the film in its entirety.

Sabata (1969) Blu-ray - Topnotch Spaghetti Western starring Lee Van Cleef
    Barry Lyndon (1975) Blu-ray - 18th Century England & Europe via Stanley Kubrick
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Under The Skin
    Enemies Closer
    Punch Drunk Love
    @MajorDSmythe, let me know what you think about 'Under The Skin,' unless you've already seen it. I watched and loved it, debated buying it last night but as good as it was, I feel like I wouldn't rewatch it all that much.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    No, I haven't watched it yet. I'm partial to Johansson, and I heard conflicting opinions about the film. So I had no excuses not to pick it up.
    No, I haven't watched it yet. I'm partial to Johansson, and I heard conflicting opinions about the film. So I had no excuses not to pick it up.

I heard it's a love/hate thing. Some people found it too weird and slow, others (like myself) were so engrossed by it and soaked up as much of it as we could. It's unique, that's for sure.
  • Cleanskin.
    Man Of Steel
    A second hand copy of Independence Day on Blu Ray last week. One of my favourite "guilty pleasure" films.
    Cleanskin.

That's a good film. Bean is brutal, and I get to see Charlotte Rampling in an M-esque role.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The Big Lebowski. My all time favorite comedy. ;)
    Cheap Thrills
    See No Evil
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Murdock wrote: »
    The Big Lebowski. My all time favorite comedy. ;)
    That is a funny one, dude.
    Just picked up the Criterion blu-ray versions of 'Crumb' (1994) and 'Kagemusha' (1980).
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2014 Posts: 4,441
    17th July 2014. BD 135/25th 3D Bluray: Ice Age 4 (2012) - 3 disc set with sleeve (BD/3BD/DVD) (NEW)

19th July. Movie releated: Soundtracks

Alexandre Desplat - 2CD: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) (NEW)
    Hans Zimmer - The Dark Knight Rises (2012) (NEW)

Today (30-07!!) for my 34th Birthday: Dvd from Barney's Version (2010).