The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter Steel book.

The Hulk Steel book.

Both on bluray, Feel Ang Lee The Hulk is under rated. Imo its vastly superior to the Norton attempt.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Bought 'The Descent' on blu-ray (finally upgraded my DVD version) and 'Videodrome' on Criterion blu-ray.
    @Birdleson, thank you. 'Kagemusha' was a blind buy, but...it's a sprawling epic by Kurosawa with fantastic color. I was so mesmerized by 'Crumb.' I couldn't get enough of listening to him talk about his life.
    @Birdleson, absolutely. It's a shame they ended up the way they were, but you could tell how different they were socially.

The Criterion version I bought has great quality and it appears to be three hours long exactly.
    Die hard quadrilogy on bluray - the fifth film obviously missing though was ten pounds could not resist. plus the fifth film is dreadful,
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Pushing Tin
    Adult World
    Labor Day
    Welcome To The Jungle
    The Double
    The Mentalist: Series 5
    Finally bought one of my favourite movies of all time on bluray!

Jaws Will be an event when I watch this classic tomorrow after work. I absolutely love this film.
    @fire_and_ice, enjoy! The film looks absolutely stunning on blu-ray.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @fire_and_ice, enjoy! The film looks absolutely stunning on blu-ray.

Thankyou, always found it visually stunning and cinematic. Looking forward to transfer on bluray.

...just purchased last three seasons of Smallville.

Iron man 2 on bluray, not my favourite movie though got pretty much all marvel movies on bluray now.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Inferno - Dr Who adventure featuring John Pertwee.
    Web of Fear - Dr Who adventure featuring Patrick Troughton - I remember seeing this as a kid on a small B&W tv in the late sixties, really looking forward to seeing it again - Pat Troughton is probably my favourite Doctor!
    Irene Huss season 1
    Silent Witness season 13
    The English Patient
    Shall we Dance
    Tatort boxset 2
  • Rat Race.

Rat Race.

Really underrated movie. One of my all time fave comedies tbh
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Shall we Dance

1937?

--

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    Tracks
    Separate Lies
    Wah-Wah
    The Luzhin Defence
    The Wedding
    Nothing But The Truth
    The Soft Kill
    Fragments

The "That's Entertainment" trilogy, plus "That's Dancing". I'm a big fan of the golden age of Hollywood musicals.
    Shall we Dance

1937?

I own that one already with a few other Fred & Ginger movies. this one is the Lopes/Gere production which is actually quite good mostly due to Lopes & Stanley Tucci.

Shall we Dance

1937?

I own that one already with a few other Fred & Ginger movies. this one is the Lopes/Gere production which is actually quite good mostly due to Lopes & Stanley Tucci.

I have not seen that one, is it a remake? The only Fred & Ginger film I don't have is The Barkleys Of Broadway. As well as the many Ginger films I am trying to track down a copy of.
    Shall we Dance

1937?

I have not seen that one, is it a remake? The only Fred & Ginger film I don't have is The Barkleys Of Broadway. As well as the many Ginger films I am trying to track down a copy of.

The movie is a remake, but of a Japanese movie. It is about a man who somehow in his midlife crisis sees while commuting everyday this beautifull woman staring out of the window of a ballroom dancing school. He decides to take lessons and finds a lot more than he expected. JLo is excellent in this movie, Gere does surprise, Tucci is sheer brilliance and Susan Sarandon as the wife is heartbreaking. It is a pleasant little movie that makes you feel good and happy. The dancing in the movie is both funny and great, with one particular beautiful tango involving JLo, who absolutely can dance.

As for the Fred and Gingers I have bought most in box-sets when I come across them, they are worth my time. Whenever the BBC shows them on the telly I generally watch them. They are brilliant entertainment imho. Just like the boxset of The road to.... with Bob Hope & Bing Crosby together these movies of old are absolutely my favorites when it comes to dance and music.
    Captain America Winter Soldier on Bluray - Love this film, best marvel movie made to date IMO.
    I picked up some more Criterion blu-rays:

'Vivre sa vie,' 'Wings of Desire,' 'Y tu mama tambien,' 'Eyes Without A Face,' and 'Antichrist.'

@fire_and_ice, how did you pick up TWS on blu-ray already? I thought it wasn't out until next month.
    If you buy the Criterion DVD of The Friends of Eddie Coyle, don't read the booklet before seeing the film, as it gives a major twist.
    @Creasy47 Live in England was released on Monday here mate.
    @MajorDSmythe, I've been wanting to pick that up, I hear it's a phenomenal film. I usually save the booklets for after the film ends. I've read a few already that do spoil a great deal of the film.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @MajorDSmythe, I've been wanting to pick that up, I hear it's a phenomenal film. I usually save the booklets for after the film ends. I've read a few already that do spoil a great deal of the film.

Definitely one of my favourite Robert Mitchum films. Along with Two For The Seesaw, The Grass Is Greener & Ryan's Daughter, it's one of those films which show that Mitchum could play more than just the 'tough guy' roles that he is more widely known for.
    I'll have to check it out soon, then.

Can't stop buying. I just picked up 'World On A Wire' Criterion blu-ray.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Captain America:The Winter Soldier

Looking forward to seeing it again.
    Tatort Koln Ballauf/Schenk boxset

Tatort Munchen Leitmayer/Batic boxset

Tatort Wien Moritz Eisner boxset 2

Germans brilliant and unsurpassed krimi series.
    The Book Thief
    X-Men Trilogy
    Bluray Rocky Undisputed Collection. Awesome movie set!
    I bought 'Black Narcissus' Criterion Collection on blu-ray about a week ago, forgot to post it here. Unfortunately, it got shipped to my house, so I have to wait until the next time I go home to pick it up. Looking forward to opening it up and popping it in, though. I bet the cinematography in this on blu-ray will be stunning.