Feedback and Suggestions

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've had the new window happen to me before when I go to make a comment (but it was almost always when I went to quote someone, seems to happen mostly when this site is acting buggy), but I haven't had the issue where my comments don't show up with the light blue hue.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I've had the new window happen to me before when I go to make a comment (but it was almost always when I went to quote someone, seems to happen mostly when this site is acting buggy), but I haven't had the issue where my comments don't show up with the light blue hue.

Yes, a new window always opens whenever I wish to quote someone, like just now.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Yes, a new window always opens whenever I wish to quote someone, like just now.

That's odd, though the same thing does happen to me from time to time. I remember roughly a year ago (may not have been that long ago) when I had an issue where the site always took me to a new window for a new comment/quote, it would always sign me out, and it had the loading issues that I still have today.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Well, everything is back to normal now. I can post normally and the blue color has returned to all my threads and posts. I don't know why it quit working for a time, but I'm glad it was fixed so quickly, however it changed back.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I noticed that all the comments posted on the activities page are all gone and when I changed my picture it didn't show. Is everything okay there?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited May 2014 Posts: 12,459
    I can read comments on the activities page now ... you see nothing?
    Looks like latest one was on the 18th/
    I can see some updates, But all the comments from myself, thunderfinger, QBranch and Dragonpol are all gone.
    It seems that a lot of updates have disappeared, and I'm not seeing any of those comments, either. That's weird.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Yes, same here. Just the comments.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I assumed that the moderators had cleaned up all the clutter?
    I can't even post comments on the Activities page now. When I attempt to, a red box appears atop my comment with the text 'DateUpdated is required.' I've never seen that before on here, no idea what it means.
    Perhaps it has been restricted so that messages cannot be posted any more?
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Perhaps it has been restricted so that messages cannot be posted any more?

I wouldn't see why they'd do that, but who knows. Could just be a glitch in the system or a problem with some server maintenance they did that removed the ability to post/view comments.
    edited May 2014 Posts: 17,923
    Funny, I've just changed my avatar and it hasn't shown up on the Activity Page. Something is definitely wrong.

I see that the Notifications page is not working either. It tells you that you have a notification but it does not show you what it is.
    That's very strange. I hope our witty exchanges weren't the cause.
    Murdock wrote:
    That's very strange. I hope our witty exchanges weren't the cause.

I hope not, either, as those were a blast to read.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    A major update to the forum software is in testing.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 13,352
    I hope we hear more as it happens. Thanks @JamesPage.
    I'm curious to see what changes the new update will bring.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm curious to see what changes the new update will bring.

And hopefully it will be different than how usual updates work. It seems like things only get worse once something is "improved" with updates.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, it's sad, but you're absolutely right. Updates somehow seem to focus on a specific set of issues, and they either make those issues worse, and take on brand new problems.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    JamesPage wrote:
    A major update to the forum software is in testing.

3D?
    I'm noticing that a lot of new threads read at '0 Comments,' and they don't even show up as a new thread to me. I was just looking through the Discussions and there was one created that had no posts (aside from the initial one), and it was as if it wasn't even a thread. Didn't give me a new indicator or anything. I'm guessing this is a problem that will be solved in the update?
    ^ One would hope so.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    ^ One would hope so.

I'm assuming it is since stranger things have happened lately. Looking forward to seeing what the new update will bring, then. Is it anything cosmetic?
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm noticing that a lot of new threads read at '0 Comments,' and they don't even show up as a new thread to me. I was just looking through the Discussions and there was one created that had no posts (aside from the initial one), and it was as if it wasn't even a thread. Didn't give me a new indicator or anything. I'm guessing this is a problem that will be solved in the update?

Yes, I noticed this too. It happened to the Bond actor elimination game when it first started, it appeared to show 0 posts.
    One problem after another for me. Is anyone getting malware warnings when clicking on certain threads? It's never happened to me before until last night.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    One problem after another for me. Is anyone getting malware warnings when clicking on certain threads? It's never happened to me before until last night.

Yes. On the Film Elimination thread.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote:

Yes. On the Film Elimination thread.

And my haiku thread? Nice.
    Glad I'm not the only one. It seems a new problem rears its ugly head daily.
This discussion has been closed.