The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @Germanlady show is the pics; pretty please.
    Plus the first pic is about 6 years old
    daniel-craig-flashbacks-of-a-fool-27.jpgdaniel-craig-rachel-weisz-night-of-opportunity-13.jpg
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 6,601
    doubleoego wrote:

There are good ones at Just Jared. That gives you an impression.

http://www.justjared.com/2014/04/07/daniel-craig-rachel-weisz-make-it-a-night-of-opportunity-by-holding-hands/
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I was excited to see Dan in a new film, and then he pulls out of it? I wonder why...

As for those worrying about his fitness, the man will be in fine shape as he was in all his Bond films thus far and the hair length he has now will not be what he will be sporting come Bond 24.

It'd also like to commend Dan and Rachel for giving their time and likely money to an effort to help the less privileged get the same opportunities in their education as those infinitely more better off. Shows a lot about their character.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    UPDATE: In other news Craig has dropped out at the last minute of filming 'The Whole Truth': http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/names/2014/04/07/daniel-craig-local-movie-stops-before-starts/oiUR7CXMtHa5ZG1Y3J6WZL/story.html

Filming was set to begin on Monday, so this is very strange news of if true. The only reason I can think of, is Craig said during the promotion of Skyfall that the next film he does would have to be for the love of doing it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:
    UPDATE: In other news Craig has dropped out at the last minute of filming 'The Whole Truth': http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/names/2014/04/07/daniel-craig-local-movie-stops-before-starts/oiUR7CXMtHa5ZG1Y3J6WZL/story.html

Filming was set to begin on Monday, so this is very strange news of if true. The only reason I can think of, is Craig said during the promotion of Skyfall that the next film he does would have to be for the love of doing it.

That's how I see Dan going after film work in general: because he likes the material and wants to be a part of them. He just doesn't strike me as someone in it for the paycheck or anything, especially if he wasn't sure whether the job was fun or worth it.
    Germanlady wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

http://www.justjared.com/2014/04/07/daniel-craig-rachel-weisz-make-it-a-night-of-opportunity-by-holding-hands/

Thanks for the link.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:

Thanks for the link.
    Dan's hair does seem to be more brown than blonde, doesn't it? It seemed that way during the filming of QoS too, though I think I heard somewhere that they died it darker. I liked his hair more in that film though than in CR or Skyfall, and would be happy if his hair in Bond 24 looked closely like that style.
    There is still NO other source confirming anything. Lets wait for deadline, IF that will ever come. Dropping out in the last minute is rather unprofessional and whatever he might be, that he ain't nor uncaring about all the people supposed to work on that film.

Watching him last night didn't give the impression of someone, who just decided on something like that - au contraire. Not a worry in the world. Nor his publicist, people who live off him and his decisions.

So - lets wait and see.
    Samuel001 wrote:

But that makes no sense as a reason now, because he knew the material and should have been able to decide, whether it was worth doing or not.

He dropped out of MM because Betrayal came along and it was still time to do it without causing too much of a fuss. This is different. A smaller film, but still...
    Since we were talking about the hair. This is the same hair, just flat. Much better, ideal I even say.
    danielavatar3-1.jpg
    Germanlady wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

But that makes no sense as a reason now, because he knew the material and should have been able to decide, whether it was worth doing or not.

He dropped out of MM because Betrayal came along and it was still time to do it without causing too much of a fuss. This is different. A smaller film, but still...

Right. So best to wait and see what else happens. I agree, by now you'd know what you were signing up for.

A big mistake, if this isn't the case, by Boston Globe.
    No tweets as of now from disappointed cast members. Can all happen overnight, of course.

Maybe he had to leave the boat, because they got themselves a tanker? :D
    (20) Davis favours trusting parliamentary and popular democratic processes to bring about responsible and lawful action with the Judiciary taking a ‘hands off’ approach in line with the ‘extra-constitutionalist’ theory

de Londras, on the other hand, does not believe that the parliamentary and popular democratic processes are capable of bringing about responsible and lawful state action and favours a muscular judicial role.

The Common Ground: we share a substantial amount of common ground on the principle that Executive action ought to be checked and subjected to substantial oversight. In this respect, we agree that unchecked Executive action in a time of emergency (actual or perceived) is undesirable, as it tends to (21) endanger individual rights to an unnecessary degree.

Our shared distrust of this claim is based on an appreciation of the traditional and well-documented experiences of counter-terrorist law and policy making which suggest that the Executive has a ‘security bias’ resulting in the unnecessary introduction of repressive laws and policies that tend to impact significantly on individual right protections.

we share the view that unchecked Executive action has a tendency to overbuy into the alleged requirements of ‘security’ with insufficient regard to the repression that might result, causing disproportionate and unnecessary rights violations.

(22) Michael Ignatieff, who notes that
    [T]he political costs of underreaction are always going to be higher than the costs of overreaction . . . . Since no one can know in advance what strategy is best calibrated to deter an attack, the political leader who hits hard—with security roundups and preventive detentions—is making a safer bet, in relation to his own political future, than one who adopts the precautionary strategy of ‘first do no harm’.

Such action is also attractive to the Executive, because of its capacity for governmental aggrandisement and expansion.

The USA Patriot Act is a good example of this—the extremely extensive Act, which makes significant changes to the organization of the intelligence services as well as to surveillance capacities and so on, was signed into law only a matter of weeks after the 11 September 2001 attacks and in fact went through the parliamentary process in a matter of a mere 3 days.

(23) Where the Executive is permitted to act more or less unchecked by a facilitative and deferential Legislature and/or a deferential Judiciary in introducing such measures, individual liberties are likely to fall by the wayside in th
    He's miles better than Moore. But, to each their own.

I think he has pushed Bond into a more modern setting. The action & violence are all up to todays movie standards.

The fellow after him has big shoes to fill.

But, if Christopher Nolan takes over Bond should remain a cash cow at the box office.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I think they looked great. She's the greatest Bond girl that never was 8-|
    I think projects of this kind that support education of talented young people are really important.

article-2599363-1CEB229800000578-521_634x885.jpg

He might have put on a bit of weight but he'll be fine when he starts shooting Bond. Regarding the film, only one newspaper ran the story, I wonder if it was all a rumour!? I can't see him quit a film just a few days before shooting starts.
    Its was bullocks. Its just delayed

Just a few hours after word got out that Daniel Craig’s movie “The Whole Truth” had stopped production in Boston, the actor was in New York City with his wife, actress Rachel Weisz, to support the Opportunity Network, an organization that helps low-income high school kids get to college. There’s still no official word why the film, which is supposed to co-star Renee Zellweger, shut down before filming started. Local movie workers told us that it was Craig who allegedly pulled out of the gig. But Ira Singer, the Town Administrator in Middleton, where director Courtney Hunt planned to film scenes, said he was told that the production was delayed because one of the stars was not under contract. “When we first set up for their schedule, it was to be next week or the end of this week,” he said, adding that production would take place in a residential area in town. If Craig isn’t in Boston this spring, he might turn up in Ireland. The Independent reports that the he and Weisz have rented a place in a Dublin suburb, not far from where she’ll will film the movie “The Lobster” with Colin Ferrell and John C. Reilly over the next few weeks. Craig was spotted at the Four Seasons in Boston on Sunday.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/names/2014/04/08/daniel-craig-leaves-boston-for-gala-nyc/CPUZfIxgysG9QieAfz1GFK/story.html?s_campaign=sm_tw
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    edited April 2014 Posts: 432
    I'm really surprised by these news. I was looking forward to reading more new about The Whole Truth. I thought the reason Daniel was still in the USA was because of the filming of the new film.

I really hope this is just a rumor. If it is true I hope there's a good reason for it.
    edited April 2014 Posts: 13,350
    It will be interesting to see when this film goes ahead. It's all very last minute for this to come out of the woodwork.

Some reports are stating Craig has left and production has been pushed back three weeks, to 5th May in order to give time to find a replacement.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/daniel-craig-abruptly-drops-truth-694642

With Deadline reporting it, you can all but be assured it is true. The question is, why? If he wants to be with his wife, it was known filming for her film would take place in May, so I don't get it. If that was the case, filming should have started later or Craig should not have signed up at all.
    Interesting article,briefly looking back at Craig's arrival to his first press conference as Bond by boat :

http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewarticle.asp?id=65410&authorid=5687
    Hahaha at least he wears a seatbelt.
    Germanlady wrote:
    daniel-craig-rachel-weisz-night-of-opportunity-13.jpg

Ha @Germanlady, I was just about to link to those new pictures! I think his longer hair makes him younger and healthier. Just a slight cut for Bond 24, and a return to his natural colour and he should look top dog!
    ...and 6 months in the gym.
    doubleoego wrote:
    ...and 6 months in the gym.

Yeah, I was talking about the neck upwards. But if can still pull off the physicality shown from CR to SF for the rest of his body, then all the better for Craig's Bond I think.
  • RC7RC7
    edited April 2014 Posts: 10,512
    Germanlady wrote:
    Since we were talking about the hair. This is the same hair, just flat. Much better, ideal I even say.
    danielavatar3-1.jpg

He looks great, here.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Samuel001 wrote:

That's an old story but the only people who know if it's true or not it's them I guess!
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 40
    In my Opinion he fits in the present time, and since before craigs bond my favorite actor in the series was/is Dalton., i appreciate his work. Clearly DC is a updated version of his interpretation, Thanks to the Thread Operator for that lovely YT Clip. Think also the Bond Franchise had good people in their leading roles. Dont know for sure how Connerys "Slap a woman if need to" Statement once upon a time was meant, but i go with the opinion he dont meant it that way (i hope this is correct Sean..)

BTW i am from Switzerland, please excuse my poor english, everyone of you got the licence to correct me anytime :)
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    Sandy wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

That's an old story but the only people who know if it's true or not it's them I guess!

I don't think it's a good idea to become parents at that age. But if they want to do it, go ahed, I guess.