Mad Max (1979 - Present)

Comments

• oo7oo7
    edited July 2013 Posts: 1,068

Mel Gibson’s Brother Wants to be Mad Max
    http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/3332149/mels-brother-donal-gibson-interested-in-voicing-mad-max-videogame-hear-his-demo
    his voice demo is at the bottom of the page
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Three additional weeks of filming begin 22nd November:

http://if.com.au/2013/09/02/article/Mad-Max-Fury-Road-shoot-rolls-on/CVYMLUFTFB.html
  • Mel Gibson cameo! :)
    Hopefully this still means a release next year.
    Three weeks can be quite a lot. Almost a year after pricipal fotography is quite late. Are they going for certain seasonal effects? This film starts to become a bit mysterious :-? .
  • I'm hoping for a teaser soon.
    We'll need a release date first, before anything else.
    edited September 2013 Posts: 13,350
    First image:

mad-max-fury-road-tom-hardy-600x405.jpg

EDIT: Or not. Copy this isn't your browser instead: http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/mad-max-fury-road-tom-hardy-600x405.jpg
  • oo7oo7
    edited September 2013 Posts: 1,068

img5.jpg
    img6.jpg
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Happy to hear about the Mel Gibson cameo! It seems he may be making his come back into films. It looked like he was doing that with "Edge of Darkness" and "The Beaver" but had issues again and it looked like he would be out of films for awhile. Then recently he was in "Get the Gringo", he's the villain in "Machete Kills", the villain in "The Expendables 3", and has a cameo in "Mad Max: Fury Road".
    Gibson's the only actor that hit rock bottom that I really want to see bounce back and it looks like he's doing just that!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Gibson's the only actor that hit rock bottom that I really want to see bounce back and it looks like he's doing just that!
    This makes me happy.
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 5,767
    Happy to hear about the Mel Gibson cameo! It seems he may be making his come back into films. It looked like he was doing that with "Edge of Darkness" and "The Beaver" but had issues again and it looked like he would be out of films for awhile. Then recently he was in "Get the Gringo", he's the villain in "Machete Kills", the villain in "The Expendables 3", and has a cameo in "Mad Max: Fury Road".
    I would very much like that. Just saw Get the Gringo, and he´s still one of the best actors around, with both face and body.

• edited September 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Any word on when the film is set?

Since they're using the Interceptor my bet is before Road Warrior but maybe it's set after Thunderdome and he finds a new one.

@Samuel001 Thanks for that. Hardy definitely looks the part but I'm not sure about the costume. Maybe it's the picture, but it seems less like the battered old police uniform he wore in the others and more like a regular leather jacket.

@oo7 I'm liking the look of the combat in the game. Thanks for the pics.
  • @thelivingroyale , have heard it is a complete reboot, but is set around the sort of time MM2 is set in the original timeline. I hope it's a sequel to Thunderdome though.

Also am I the only one who likes Thunderdome ???
  • oo7oo7
    @thelivingroyale , have heard it is a complete reboot, but is set around the sort of time MM2 is set in the original timeline. I hope it's a sequel to Thunderdome though.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/pAyKJAtDNCw?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/pAyKJAtDNCw?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  • edited September 2013 Posts: 5,767
    @thelivingroyale , have heard it is a complete reboot, but is set around the sort of time MM2 is set in the original timeline. I hope it's a sequel to Thunderdome though.
    I seem to remember Miller saying something like it´s set chronologically somewhere around The Roadwarrior.
    It´s got one of the best soundtracks of all times, gotta give it that.
    Any word on when the film is set?

Since they're using the Interceptor my bet is before Road Warrior but maybe it's set after Thunderdome and he finds a new one.
    I don´t think it´s set after Thunderdome, and the silver finish implies some kind of re-interpretation (I´m trying to avoid the word re-boot).
    @oo7 I'm liking the look of the combat in the game. Thanks for the pics.
    Oh yeah definitely! If the film is even remotely like that in the combat scenes it will already be worth the money.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Auntie Entity says: enjoy the adventures of this raggedyman whenever they take place.
  • oo7oo7
    edited September 2013 Posts: 1,068
    BT0tyv7CYAAeWRS.jpg
    BTfn0eXCAAAx1Ox.jpg
    If the film will be anything like those pictures then I guess it will be easy to forgive the traumatically long wait.
  • oo7oo7
    anyone else here a Hitcher 1986 fan?
    oo7 wrote:
    Never saw it. What is the connection with Mad Max?

• I'm really hoping we get something along the lines of Road Warrior. The original was good and I enjoyed Thunderdome but Road Warrior is one of my favourite films and one of the greatest action films of all time.
  • oo7oo7
    boldfinger wrote:
    oo7 wrote:
    Never saw it. What is the connection with Mad Max?
    stop wasting my time
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/6WuKEAtNenY?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/6WuKEAtNenY?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    The Hitcher! What a film! Rutger Hauer freaked me right out as a kid back then!
  • oo7oo7
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/yj6S3IScuO4?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/yj6S3IScuO4?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/TBHikwIusBc?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/TBHikwIusBc?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    1376514_650657881634512_1758359814_n.jpg
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    That's a terrible pic. Everything looks photo shopped to hell. Even Theron's head looks like it was placed on that body.
    It says it's coming next year. That's good. Hopefully we learn the release date soon.
    That's a terrible pic. Everything looks photo shopped to hell. Even Theron's head looks like it was placed on that body.
    It´s a painting, isn´t it?