SPECTRE: TOP 5 elements "SPECTRE" must have to tackle all criticism that surrounded "SKYFALL"

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    chrisisall wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Does that...Push your Buttons? Hmmm?
    So funny....! ;)

Good comedy is simple to write these days. :-bd
    chrisisall wrote:
    Richardo wrote:
    Black Moneypenny was not well-loved; thus, she can be removed.
    See? no good.
    I am good, am I not? Perhaps it is this thread which has created confusion; I am merely addressing concerns with Skyfall. I thought we were addressing every concern with the subsequent film. If not, I will reread the thread.
    Yes, I think you'll find she's not referred to as "Black Moneypenny" and as far as the criticism of her from the general public, if that is your assertion, I'm sure that's more to do with the actress playing her as opposed to the colour of her skin.
    The press and fandom had many a problem with her casting, before she proved she could provide a tasteful performance in the role.
    I was never aware of any major criticisms from either the press or the fans when Harris was cast, certainly not in the UK at least.
    I was never aware of any major criticisms from either the press or the fans when Harris was cast, certainly not in the UK at least.

The only criticisms held towards her on on this site. Which is like 10% of the users on this Forum.
    Murdock wrote:

The only criticisms held towards her on on this site. Which is like 10% of the users on this Forum.

Yes I think he has more of a problem with having Moneypenny played by a black actress than most sane individuals on here.
    Now that my comment is explained, please get off my back, @WillyGalore. Let us leave these flames unfanned.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Richardo wrote:
    Lois Maxwell is Canadian and contains no African American heritagtry.

Well that has to be agreed with.

Does it Draggers?

If you could furnish me with an explanation of the word 'heritagtry' I might be in a position to judge.

Come on chaps Richardo is as clear a case of IFM as I've ever seen.

Good one, Ice. You've finally caught me out with an agreement with a grammatical error!
    Murdock wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    So funny....! ;)

Oh, don't mention @Buttons. He might think we miss him (and we don't!)
    edited August 2013 Posts: 16,333
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    So funny....! ;)

Oh I don't miss him either but I think our new friend Richardo is related to him. 8-|
    Murdock wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    So funny....! ;)

Oh I don't miss him either but I think our new friend Richardo is related to him. 8-|

I thought he was OK, but I could be wrong. People can change past first impressions, online and in the real world, I've found.
    Fleming title (chapter title is fine)
    Texas hold 'em played
    Ski chase
    American Bond girl
    Rock and roll theme song (would prefer yes or rush but would be ok with Muse or another 90's grunger like Dave Grohl)
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 3,494
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Richardo wrote:
    Lois Maxwell is Canadian and contains no African American heritagtry.

Well that has to be agreed with.

Does it Draggers?

If you could furnish me with an explanation of the word 'heritagtry' I might be in a position to judge.

Come on chaps Richardo is as clear a case of IFM as I've ever seen.

Good one, Ice. You've finally caught me out with an agreement with a grammatical error!

I agree, I was laughing with that one too. English doesn't appear to be @Richardo's primary language, so perhaps we should take at least that much into account.

I will disagree about Harris being removed. I don't see her as wooden at all as she changes her facial expressions quite often, and for me is already the best Moneypenny since our dear departed Lois.

I agree, I was laughing with that one too. English doesn't appear to be @Richardo's primary language, so perhaps we should take at least that much into account.
    Henceforth, I will be spellchecking my comments.

Thank you for cutting me some slacks, @SirHenryLeeChaChing.
    Richardo wrote:

Henceforth, I will be spellchecking my comments.

Thank you for cutting me some slacks, @SirHenryLeeChaChing.

I'm all for cutting people some slack too, @Richardo.
    Okay, let's stick to the TOP 5 for now ;-). I want to update the list with most mentionings soon again.
    Wow, I just came across this newsitem about Oscar winning actress Helen Mirren:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/08/05/helen-mirren-james-bond-villain_n_3706211.html

Considering the fact that she's still kicking ass in movies like 'Red' and the very recent 'Red 2', I'd wanna cast her for a Rosa Klebb-like role in Bond 24 :-P. Permits that John Logan wrote a wunderful screenplay, this could be a shoe-in for the Bond producers no?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I think elsewhere I have stated my vote for Helen Mirren. I hope she is in it as a villain, head of Quantum or such - not just a henchwoman sidekick either. She would be great. And in her young days she'd have made a fantastic Bond girl; kind of surprised she wasn't one.
    Now about locations. Wouldn't the Fiji Islands be a perfect candidate? Up there, or....below there.....you have the wunderful Poseidon Undersea Resorts. No, this is no larger-than-life, fake, Ken Adam design. It is real. 100%. Here are some pictures:

Poseidon-bkg-stat.jpg
    The-Poseidon-Underwater-Resort-Construction.jpg
    Poseidon_Underwater_Sea_Resort_CubeMe2.jpg
    exp2big.jpg
    9l-image.jpg
    Poseidon-Underwater-Hotel.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    Isn't this conceptual? It certainly doesn't exist yet and I don't think there's any word on whether it will happen.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Still, a beautiful idea though and something fantastical enough without being insanely absurd that can fit nicely into a Craig Bond movie.
  • RC7RC7
    doubleoego wrote:
    Still, a beautiful idea though and something fantastical enough without being insanely absurd that can fit nicely into a Craig Bond movie.

Not unless it exists imo.
    Now about locations. Wouldn't the Fiji Islands be a perfect candidate? Up there, or....below there.....you have the wunderful Poseidon Undersea Resorts. No, this is no larger-than-life, fake, Ken Adam design. It is real. 100%. Here are some pictures:

It's not 100% real seeing as it doesn't actually exist! It's been in the concept stages for several years now and still hasn't gotten off the ground. Chances of it actually happen are probably slim to zero.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    RC7 wrote:
    Going by that logic we would have missed out on all of those beautiful Ken Adam sets.
  • RC7RC7
    pachazo wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Going by that logic we would have missed out on all of those beautiful Ken Adam sets.

I'm referring specifically to the Craig era. Ken Adam is my favourite production designer, not just for Bond, ever.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    RC7 wrote:
    I'm referring specifically to the Craig era. Ken Adam is my favourite production designer, not just for Bond, ever.
    He is mine as well. So are you saying that you just don't like this particular Poseidon idea or that they should only use real locations during the Craig era?
  • RC7RC7
    pachazo wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    He is mine as well. So are you saying that you just don't like this particular Poseidon idea or that they should only use real locations during the Craig era?

I feel like the Craig era should remain rooted in reality. The Poseidon idea seems like a Moore era Adam set, much like Atlantis. I think the locations need to remain tangible, that's not to say it should always pre-exist. I thought they pushed it a bit with Hashima Island, I know others feel differently, but some of the establishing shots are irksome, as they are clearly CGI. It just doesn't feel tonally right to me, to have an underwater hotel/lair what have you.
    RC7 wrote:
    pachazo wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

I feel like the Craig era should remain rooted in reality. The Poseidon idea seems like a Moore era Adam set, much like Atlantis. I think the locations need to remain tangible, that's not to say it should always pre-exist. I thought they pushed it a bit with Hashima Island, I know others feel differently, but some of the establishing shots are irksome, as they are clearly CGI. It just doesn't feel tonally right to me, to have an underwater hotel/lair what have you.

The thing is @RC7....there's a good chance Craig will become the Connery of our days. In that he will do 6 films. So 2 more after Bond 24. And given the success of 'Skyfall', I think that's a plausible thought.

But then what? Do you really want to maintain that 'realistic' feel, by constantly opting for tangible locations? Look to Connery's films. The Terence Young ones were firmly realistic, but the Gilbert/Hamilton films were lighter of tone.

Moreover, what is realistic nowadays. We see nowadays that countries like Qatar and the United Arab Emirates have a thing for this 60-ies-esque larger-than-life buildings and interiors. It's not just a dream. It's sheer realism. Look to the Burj Khalifa and more recently the Shard scycraper in London (Which by the way is not visible at all in 'Skyfall'. Weirddd :-O!)
  • edited August 2013 Posts: 12,837
    For Bond 24 I'd like an old school TB/TSWLM/YOLT type film, with the tone of SF and the brutality of CR to make sure it still stands out as a Craig film.

I also want them to use material from the YOLT novel. The garden of death especially deserves to make it into a film.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote:
    pachazo wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

The thing is @RC7....there's a good chance Craig will become the Connery of our days. In that he will do 6 films. So 2 more after Bond 24. And given the success of 'Skyfall', I think that's a plausible thought.

But then what? Do you really want to maintain that 'realistic' feel, by constantly opting for tangible locations? Look to Connery's films. The Terence Young ones were firmly realistic, but the Gilbert/Hamilton films were lighter of tone.

Moreover, what is realistic nowadays. We see nowadays that countries like Qatar and the United Arab Emirates have a thing for this 60-ies-esque larger-than-life buildings and interiors. It's not just a dream. It's sheer realism. Look to the Burj Khalifa and more recently the Shard scycraper in London (Which by the way is not visible at all in 'Skyfall'. Weirddd :-O!)

I doubt he'll do six, personally.

After Craig, I'll happily wait and see what they deliver.

I've no doubt there are larger-than-life buildings, I see the Shard most days. Using a real building is fine, as I said, it's tangible, it exists and it will always appear that way to the viewer.
  • I can't see Craig going past Bond 25, especially if they carry on having 3 year gaps.