As I am pretty certain that EON Productions has got some 'spy accounts' on here (I found it quite flabbergasting that many of my wishes, I have posed on this forum, have come reality: From a memorable Bond villain to a truly Thunderball-esque way of filming (Roger Deakins). From slowly getting rid of Judi Dench's version of M to a nuanced re-introduction of Q and Moneypenny. And finally, NOT a Bond film with a clichéd car chase in it.
So, now it's time to gather your TOP 5 of elements Bond 24 must have, to even undo those tiny bit of negative reviews 'Skyfall' got. And, please be serious, as I am quite certain EON Productions is talking about this in their screenplay brainstorm sessions ;-).
My TOP 5!:
01) The return of Ernst Stavro Blofeld. Allthough I think Raoul Silva was a memorable villain, it reminded perhaps too many people of Batman's The Joker. So let's return Blofeld. Blofeld is a true BOND villain that can't be compared with any other franchise. It's time to re-introduce the character in a smart, realistic way. Maybe he could be played by Christoph Waltz?
02) Re-introduce SPECTRE. You can make a very nice story in which QUANTUM will slowly be transformed into SPECTRE. As you know, the secret syndicate QUANTUM got revealed by James Bond in an opera theatre no less. Not so smart Mr White and Dominic Greene! Perhaps now we can see that QUANTUM needs to be secretively re-organized. Perhaps as a cover company in the top floor of the Chicago Sears Tower?
03) Has anyone seen the 1966 Formula One movie 'Grand Prix'? Why not featuring a Formula One racer in it, that is a member of SPECTRE, but that is endangering SPECTRE's secrecy with his star status? Great to see him killed by a SPECTRE operative during a Formula One race in QATAR. You can make some awesome cinematography with this!
04) Time to bring the Daniel Kleinman gunbarrel back at the start. Many people missed it. But now MI6 has become a carefully scrutinized secret service, run by a new 'M', it's time for 007 to execute a decent mission. The past three Bond films were really about the introduction of James Bond 007, a revived, more realistic MI6, a new Q, a new M and a new Moneypenny. Bond 24 should be Thunderball-like Bond, opening with a loud bang from a new gunbarrel sequence. At the start!
05) Bring back director Sam Mendes, cinematographer Roger Deakins, music composer Thomas Newman and screenplay writer John Logan (Logan has already been hired). With these true masters of cinema, another dreamcast can be assembled, perhaps with actors like Christoph Waltz (Blofeld), Kathy Bates or Glenn Close (as an updated version of Rosa Klebb), Carice van Houten (The new Bond-girl) and Luis Guzman (as a new henchman).
A few other, less important, elements) Bring back some snow in a Bond film? I would love to see the entire 2nd part of Bond 24 being set in the snow (New Zealand Alps, or again Swiss Alps, Sankt Moritz is a very Bond-ian city. Even Sir Roger Moore has a house there). And I truly believe it's time to have Daniel Craig on skies now. We haven't seen Daniel Craig in a white naval uniform. Nice idea? The first half of the movie could be set on more exotic locations, like Qatar (Formula One), Curacao, Indonesia, with an opening credit sequence in Sydney?
Now, what would your TOP 5 of elements be to make Bond 24 even better than 'SKYFALL'? Before you post yours, let us properly discuss each others TOP 5 first. That makes this topic even more credible.