Cast these people in a Bond film.

Comments

Creasy47 wrote:
    I think Price would've been a killer Drax.

Oh, Drax, another good one for Price!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited July 2013 Posts: 23,547
    This is going very well and I'm having a blast! ;-)

So let's keep up the pace!

<font color=orange size=7><b>3 - Stephen Fry</b></font>

Stephen_Fry.jpg
    Having seen him play serious parts very well, I always saw a very good M in him.
    Murdock wrote:
    Jane Fonda as Tiffany Case. :)

Excellent choice. That would have been my suggestion as well.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Thanks for the nice words, folks. ;-)

<font color=orange size=7><b>2 - Jane Fonda</b></font>

jane-fonda.jpg

Vincent Price as Mr Osato , Fonda as Anya Amasova , Stephen Fry as Q because he played Smithers in Alex Rider's Stormbreaker!
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Having seen him play serious parts very well, I always saw a very good M in him.

I could see Stephen Fry as Le Chiffre. In the novel he was obese, albeit short. He does not have quite the right face for Blofeld, although his physique could be similar to the one of Blofeld in TB. And he has the right nose. My main problem with Fry is that I have difficulties to see him as a really nasty, evil character. But if Hugh Laurie can be a dry, sarcastic (cynical?) character, I am sure Fry can play someone nasty.
    Ludovico wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

I could see Stephen Fry as Le Chiffre. In the novel he was obese, albeit short. He does not have quite the right face for Blofeld, although his physique could be similar to the one of Blofeld in TB. And he has the right nose. My main problem with Fry is that I have difficulties to see him as a really nasty, evil character. But if Hugh Laurie can be a dry, sarcastic (cynical?) character, I am sure Fry can play someone nasty.

He was like that in CR'67.
    I'm sure neither Fry nor Laurie were part of CR67, hully.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I'm sure neither Fry nor Laurie were part of CR67, hully.

No I meant that was what he looked like and please don't call me Hully call me Harper after our newest signing.
    Vincent Price would make for an outstanding Drax, especially in a Moonraker adaptation starring Sean Connery.

Fonda would work well as either Domino or Tiffany Case, either work for me.

I'll admit, I haven't seen Fry in a whole lot, but I think he'd make an ideal M or Q.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yeah, I would say Fonda would have made a great Domino.

As for Fry, I'm bordering M or Q, but with his comedic persona in 'Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows,' I would go with Q.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    DarthDimi wrote:

Stephen_Fry.jpg

Dominic Greene. If given a better written role.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited July 2013 Posts: 12,459
    I so enjoy Stephen Fry.
    I'd like to see him as:

1) M
    2) the prime minister (in any Bond film, and given more lines obviously)
    3) Drax (another actor, besides Vincent Price, who could say those lines really well!)
    4) Q
    5) Mallory (Fiennes is perfect, I'm just saying Fry would be great in that role, too)

#1 choice for me would be M (or head of Quantum, which hasn't happened yet - so that doesn't count in this contest). I think Fry can play evil, sarcastic, smarmy, twisted if he wanted to. Or smart, dedicated, patriotic, no fool. He is just so talented.
    edited July 2013 Posts: 23,547
    Keep casting Price, Fonda and Fry, folks. Meanwhile, I'll add a fresh name to the list. ;-)

<font color=orange size=7><b>4 - Benedict Cumberbatch</b></font>

Benedict-Cumberbatch-Into-Darkness.jpg
    edited July 2013 Posts: 496
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Keep casting Price, Fonda and Fry, folks. Meanwhile, I'll add a fresh name to the list. ;-)

Bond or a future villain if a past one maybe Gustav Graves.

Here's someone I would still like to see cast in a Bond film someday, but not as Bond himself (at this point). ;-)

So far, I'd suggest Tanner, Greene or, and this might be controversial - I don't know - Q.

Ben Whisaw will be around for the next 50 years and will be around longer than Desmond so I can't see anyone else replacing him.
    Here's someone I would still like to see cast in a Bond film someday, but not as Bond himself (at this point). ;-)

So far, I'd suggest Tanner, Greene or, and this might be controversial - I don't know - Q.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A numerous amount of villains come to mind, but the biggest thing that sprouts up is the thought of him playing a future villain. Sounds perfect to me.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited July 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Oooh, he well might be in a future Bond film. Can't get much hotter a career for him than right now. I like him a lot.

For a Bond film from the past ....

I'd cast him as:

1) Gustav Graves (young enough, smarmy, cocky, etc.) Benedict could be sparkling in that role.

2) Scaramanga - yes! Puts a different spin on it, doesn't it? But I think he'd be brilliant.

3) Elliott Carver. Hmmm.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I'd even say he could even play M. A very versatile actor.
    I wouldn't cast Benedict Cumberbatch as Gustav Graves, it would be an insult to his talent. My idea, out of the box: Philip Masters from the short story QOS, in a play based on it. Okay, not a Bond film, but a Bond role anyway.
    Why not Nabil Shaban ?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I get a Draco vibe from Price (though I am not familiar with his work), Fonda maybe a Jill Masterson or Domino.

As for Fry, I'd cast him as maybe a Greg Beam. I would love to see Stephen do a really nasty and evil man like we are presented with in QoS, and I think he could pull it off rather well.

And for Benedict, who is one of my favorite actors of our modern time, I will go all the way: James Bond. Everything from his voice to his style and the way he composes himself exemplify a Bondian presence to me. He could play anything and everything to full effect in my eyes, so it could be rather opened ended as to what other roles he could take on. What an actor...
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    3 - Stephen Fry: Henderson in Yolt.
    I always thought Hugh Laurie would have made a good Q.
    dkem91 wrote:
    I always thought Hugh Laurie would have made a good Q.

Please stick to the suggested actors. Other threads are open to random suggestions.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:

Stephen_Fry.jpg

It is indeed a blast Dimster.
    Stephen Fry, such a talent. He can be villainous or comedic.
    I could envisage a Q / R TWINE-DAD character for him. Even a Robinson or Tanner role in the Brosnan films.
    Possibly an Elliot Carver or Gustav Graves villain. Dominc Greene? Greogry Beam?
    I feel with some of these I'm doing him a disservice.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Cumberbatch as Dr. Julius No.
    Stephen Fry could be a great Goldfinger. Also If they went with the original idea of Goldeneye; where 006 is a mentor figure, Stephen Fry would be brilliant in that sort of role as well. That being said, Stephen Fry is brilliant in anything he dose.
    Murdock wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

Stephen_Fry.jpg

Dominic Greene. If given a better written role.

Admiral Roebuck for this charming fellow! Bring out that deep voice Steven! :))
    DarthDimi wrote:

Jeez this is one man i want to be a new Bond villain! Going from what has gone before? I would go with Stamper!