BondCapCon - No Friggin in the Riggin...Part Deux

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited June 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Okay folks, big bump!
    This picture needs some captions!
    (Personally, I do rather like Roger in this one ... don't often see him with facial hair) ;)

roger-moore-coffee.jpg
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Thanks @4EverBonded for bumping this. I'm only just back as @Dragonpol after the failure of the Twitter app on MI6 to allow me to come aboard. Seems that this photo has got people stumped.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Hey, M! I sold my espresso machine!

I know it wasn't your cup of tea!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This is still going on? Wow. :O

Yes, responses have been slow. It seems that this picture posed problems!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Dragonpol wrote:

I have had rounds with five or six responses only; not too fun.

I will say, aside from my couple of entries, this was a rather hard one to caption.
    Dragonpol wrote:

I have had rounds with five or six responses only; not too fun.

I will say, aside from my couple of entries, this was a rather hard one to caption.

Yes, well I suppose that that was the whole idea! The harder the better.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I say you just vote on the few of us that did submit something and get this moving again. Maybe that will bring others in. I think having one submission go on for nearly a month is a little excessive.
    I think it has been 3 weeks ... okay, dear @dragonpol, maybe you could just vote and we shall move on. Is that all right with you?
    I like the pic, but perhaps it is a hard one.
    Indeed. I will then vote on my favourite caption. I'll have a read through them. Things were sluggish, so sorry for the excessive time that this has taken. Flogging a dead horse and all that!
    edited June 2013 Posts: 17,816
    OK, time for judging. May I just say all of the entries were of a consistently high standard so this was a very difficult decision for me personally. I know the judging of this one has been hotly anticipated by you good folks. So here goes:

3rd Place:

[I like this one as it perfectly fits Moore's getting his priorities right Bond persona down to a T (or should that be coffee)!

@4EverBonded
    Roger: Why yes, do like a little coffee with my Jameson's! But just a drop.
    Gotta be careful. I plan on kicking butt as Bond for many decades to come. A little Jameson's every morning is just the thing - gets the motor running nice and smooth; but gotta keep that sneaky caffeine under control. Care to join me?

2nd Place:

A short and sweet (coffee) pun:

@Saunders with:
    "The names Pour, Roger Pour"

1st Place:

The clear winner by a country mile - I guess you had to be there - brilliantly witty!

@QBranch with:
    "...and all of a sudden the teaspoon flipped right off his saucer and onto my watch. The look on M's face... You had to be there!"

All of your entries were equally witty and excellent @QBranch but this one was your best, so you are the clear winner this round. Congratulations and now I pass the baton on to you friend!

Over to you to as the winner to upload the new photo for our consideration, @QBranch! A well deserved winner!
    I was hoping @QBranch won this one. He had me in stitches with all his captions, as usual. :)
    Wow, thanks for the honour, @Dragonpol! A challenging photo indeed. Let's see what we can do with this recent picture of The Broz:

9096823845_1dac797c72_b.jpg
    Congrats, QBranch! You always make me smile.

Here I go:

"Oh, hullo, Keeley! There you are ...
    Ah no, sweetie .... Babs is just trying to tie up a few loose ends with me!"

QBranch wrote:
    Wow, thanks for the honour, @Dragonpol! A challenging photo indeed. Let's see what we can do with this recent picture of The Broz:

My pleasure @QBranch! You were clearly always going to be the worthy winner for me. Well done, plus interesting photo to follow up with.
    "Look, everyone! The post-Bond workout. Such great abs, they just f--oh, oh my. Are you pregnant, Pierce?"
    Thanks for the compliments, folks.

Great captions so far- keep 'em coming!
    "And if you look here, ladies and gentlemen, you'll see the Best Actor Oscar winner for his classic work in the critically-loved 'Die Another Day.'"
    Lady pointing:

"You seem to have forgotten to take you napkin out, Pierce. Did the paparazzi distract you?! You poor thing, we deeply sympathise!"
  • "Pierce dear, please take your handkerchief off when you're outside"
    "I see the spectre defeat at your shoulder and the Devil's horns in your hands, Pierce. But don't worry, for only $9.99 an hour I can rid you of all your demons!"
    Pierce to Babs as he tries to enter her exclusive private club in London.

Pierce: "Again, Barbara? Can't we just use a password?"
    Babs: "Every time, Pierce. For me, the world is not enough ... and sometimes the old ways are the best ways."

Pierce (whispers to Daniel, behind him in line): "This is just the beginning; once inside, it's a full strip search."
    Daniel (whispers back to Pierce): "What makes you think this is my first time?"

Yes, Bab's personal touch was everywhere in this club. ;)
    Pierce to a photographer: "Hey, I'm planning on making a new fashion statement in men's neckwear and would enjoy hearing your opinion on a little something. How do you like my new tie [gestures to tie]?"

Photographer: "It looks...okay I guess."

Pierce: "I thought you would think so. Now-"

Photographer: "But that isn't really a tie of course as it isn't tied around your neck, Mr. Brosnan."

Pierce: "But it-"

Photographer: "I mean, they call them ties because they tie around your neck in a knot. If that doesn't perform that function then it technically isn't a tie. Now, if you wanted to classify it properly, I'd call it an over-the-shoulder ascot or something like that."

Pierce: "Listen pal, I don't have all day to debate with you the proper classifications for what is and what isn't a tie, and since I am THE Pierce Brosnan I think that more than enables me to make a few loopholes in the various fashion rules present in this world, all right?"

Photographer: "Whatever you say....

*Pierce begins walking away confidently*

...But it still isn't a tie."

Pierce: >:|
    Any more captions? I'll give it one more day.
  • "I think he got the point."
    "Stop, thief! He stole our tablecloth!"
    "That tie's a little frantic. It seems to have a life all of its own!"
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,950
    Okay, folks- here we go again! Great work from everyone involved!

Honourable mentions:

Some solid entries here from @4EverBonded:
    "Oh, hullo, Keeley! There you are ...
    Ah no, sweetie .... Babs is just trying to tie up a few loose ends with me!"
    Pierce to Babs as he tries to enter her exclusive private club in London.

Pierce: "Again, Barbara? Can't we just use a password?"
    Babs: "Every time, Pierce. For me, the world is not enough ... and sometimes the old ways are the best ways."

Pierce (whispers to Daniel, behind him in line): "This is just the beginning; once inside, it's a full strip search."
    Daniel (whispers back to Pierce): "What makes you think this is my first time?"

Yes, Bab's personal touch was everywhere in this club. ;)
    "Pierce dear, please take your handkerchief off when you're outside"
    Dragonpol wrote:
    "I see the spectre defeat at your shoulder and the Devil's horns in your hands, Pierce. But don't worry, for only $9.99 an hour I can rid you of all your demons!"
    The finalists:

<font color=brown>3RD PLACE</font>
    Creasy47 wrote:
    "Look, everyone! The post-Bond workout. Such great abs, they just f--oh, oh my. Are you pregnant, Pierce?"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    "And if you look here, ladies and gentlemen, you'll see the Best Actor Oscar winner for his classic work in the critically-loved 'Die Another Day.'"
    Ha ha, if only that were true! Just quietly, I love DAD- but don't tell anyone ;)

<font color=grey>2ND PLACE</font>
    "I think he got the point."
    Short and sweet. Nice work, @Thunderbird! Welcome to the forum :)

And the winner is... (imaginary drum roll):

<font color=orange>1ST PLACE</font>
    Pierce to a photographer: "Hey, I'm planning on making a new fashion statement in men's neckwear and would enjoy hearing your opinion on a little something. How do you like my new tie [gestures to tie]?"

Photographer: "It looks...okay I guess."

Pierce: "I thought you would think so. Now-"

Photographer: "But that isn't really a tie of course as it isn't tied around your neck, Mr. Brosnan."

Pierce: "But it-"

Photographer: "I mean, they call them ties because they tie around your neck in a knot. If that doesn't perform that function then it technically isn't a tie. Now, if you wanted to classify it properly, I'd call it an over-the-shoulder ascot or something like that."

Pierce: "Listen pal, I don't have all day to debate with you the proper classifications for what is and what isn't a tie, and since I am THE Pierce Brosnan I think that more than enables me to make a few loopholes in the various fashion rules present in this world, all right?"

Photographer: "Whatever you say....

*Pierce begins walking away confidently*

...But it still isn't a tie."

Pierce: >:|
    Congratulations, @0Brady! That was great! Well done indeed. Now over to you!

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/192x/ab/73/6b/ab736bfcc978a914750958d54a6f4f43.jpg
    Wow, this is positively shocking, seriously, @QBranch. I have either been way out of it with my jokes lately or the pictures have been more difficult because I have been very disappointed in my efforts as of late. Regardless, I am honored to have been chosen and I will try to find a picture and post it in the next 24 hours. :)
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,950
    @0Brady If it makes you feel any better, there was only so much one could do with that last photo. It was a bit of a struggle to find an interesting one with Pierce. Regardless- well done, and looking forward to the next round. :-bd