Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• edited March 2013 Posts: 1,107
    FAN MADE: Brilliant Drew Struzan Inspired STAR WARS EPISODE VII Poster

Adam-Schickling-Star-Wars-Episode-VII.jpg
    I was literally seconds away from posting that! :)) That is outstanding work isn't it?? Really looks legit!

Is anyone else sort of wishing that these movies were made in place of the prequels (1999, 2002 & 2005), so the actors would be younger? The only thing is, they still would have been made by Lucas....
    TOFANA007 wrote:
    idiot that picture is years old, circa episode III or 2005
    Hey you spelled every word correctly! Good work! :-bd
    I was literally seconds away from posting that! :)) That is outstanding work isn't it?? Really looks legit!

Is anyone else sort of wishing that these movies were made in place of the prequels (1999, 2002 & 2005), so the actors would be younger? The only thing is, they still would have been made by Lucas....

Yes the poster looks great and sorry for being fast :D . As for the prequels Well, I personally don't like them, but I don't 'hate' them. I was disappointed by them Lucas did it right in the original three movies. Sadly, he commercialized the prequals. They were short on story and used CGI to make up for it. The story was the driving force in the originals and he lost track of that.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Dalton12 wrote:
    FAN MADE: Brilliant Drew Struzan Inspired STAR WARS EPISODE VII Poster
    Wow, that is great work. I really hope Luke and Leia are on the Jedi council.
    interesting read.
    STAR WARS Set Images Reveal Ralph McQuarrie Inspired C3PO & Darth Vader Suit Designs
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=81288#6IzE1xMiBJUbIBvL.99
    That version of Vader would make for an amazing Halloween costume!
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 1,107
    Agent005 wrote:
    That version of Vader would make for an amazing Halloween costume!

Agreed :)
    mquarrie2.jpg

Thanks for the links, guys. Interesting stuff indeed.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Dalton12 wrote:
    mquarrie2.jpg
    It would have been great if they had used this version of the costume at the end of Episode III.
    Possible STAR WARS EPISODE VII Story Details Leak
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=81313#m2jyOu35v81ZhDoH.99
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 6,432
    http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38272

John Williams confirmed to score episodes VII - IX. Would not be Star Wars without Williams great news.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Hopefully casting news arrives soon. I never doubted Williams' involvement. Great to have that confirmed.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 6,432
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Hopefully casting news arrives soon. I never doubted Williams' involvement. Great to have that confirmed.

Only thing that made me think Williams may not be involved was his age, and committing to possibly six years to the next three movies.
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I always had faith that if he was able to, he'd be a safe bet to return.

I wonder when the, likely, mid-May release date will be announced?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Now if only we can see some of that The Clone Wars footage that was finished before the cancellation of the series.
    Glad the plot follows the original 3 so it will be a new series of stories. Glad Williams will be scoring it too! :-bd
    More good news:

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/star-wars-7-will-have-less-cgi--more-real-effects-104549024.html

Reminds me of a story I read around the time that Martin Scorsese was filming "Gangs of New York". Lucas had come to visit him on set and he looked around at the authentic 19th century sets the production department had lovingly built and said to Scorsese "you can do all this with CGI now". And that in nutshell summed the man up!
    More good news:

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/star-wars-7-will-have-less-cgi--more-real-effects-104549024.html

Reminds me of a story I read around the time that Martin Scorsese was filming "Gangs of New York". Lucas had come to visit him on set and he looked around at the authentic 19th century sets the production department had lovingly built and said to Scorsese "you can do all this with CGI now". And that in nutshell summed the man up!

Very good news, the old practical ways when possible are the best.
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,350
    It seems Leonardo DiCaprio was up for a role (again) but passed:

http://latino-review.com/2013/07/24/exclusive-disney-star-wars-episode-vii/
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    More good news:

CG can be an aid when it's good, and a crutch when it's weak. The CG sets on Sin City looked amazing, for instance. And, honestly, I did think the CG sets on Episode II and III looked good.
    More good news:

If they keep to this, what an excellent element that will be for the film. So far, I have a great deal of confidence in Episode VII.
    I am glad to hear this too. CGI was used way too much in the prequels. I think CGI is good to replace the obvious model type shots.....etc. And obviously rather crazy looking monsters. But don't go overboard with it this time please?
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,924
    Good to hear this. There's nothing like highly detailed miniatures cruising through space.
    Now take this with a spade of salt? As this is something I read in the Sun newspaper earlier today.
    Apparently Benedict Cumberbatch is being lined up to play a Sith Lord by JJ Abrams for the next Star Wars movie? Thoughts anyone?

My initial reaction was damn that rules him out of a Bond 24 main villain role!
  • RogueAgent wrote:
    Now take this with a spade of salt? As this is something I read in the Sun newspaper earlier today.
    Apparently Benedict Cumberbatch is being lined up to play a Sith Lord by JJ Abrams for the next Star Wars movie? Thoughts anyone?

Yes, I think EON should get there now and sign him up! Still, I guess seeing him as a Sith Lord would be a good consolation prize if he doesn't appear in a Bond.
    RogueAgent wrote:

Yes, I think EON should get there now and sign him up! Still, I guess seeing him as a Sith Lord would be a good consolation prize if he doesn't appear in a Bond.

True, I looked on IMDB to see what forthcoming movie projects he has coming up? Did the same with Christian Bale as I would not mind seeing either of them being a Bond baddie! [-O<