Creasy47's Behind The Avatar Interview Thread With Agent_99 (Page 22)

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Count me in, too. I've been wanting to get more involved and make more friends for a while now.
    Interesting interview. Looking forward to more :)
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 4,421
    Nice read gentlemen. :D
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 14,875
    Well it's been a couple of days for the first part of my interview with @Creasy47 to sink in, but we must of course carry on. So here is the next part.
    I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as the initial instalment.
    Benny wrote:
    Over the years the Bond series has gone through changes, not just during the reboot of the series, and the introduction of Daniel Craig. Where would you like to see the series head in the future? More of a realistic tone, or back to the larger than life fantasy films?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Honestly, I think a half and half would be a great idea. I go back to some of the older films and just really miss those grand, epic-scale fight scenes and ridiculous concepts, but, I love the realism of everything the Craig films have to offer: the gadgets, the pain he endures, the fight sequences. He gets hurt, and there have been times that I've thought Craig's Bond may actually die, because I suspend the belief that Bond is invincible for a moment in those incredibly dangerous, intense situations. He bleeds, he gasps for air, he gets shot. It's amazing. For a ratio, I'd say 70/30, with realism being the former number. Everything for Craig thus far has been personal, and I'd enjoy seeing 'Bond 24' play out as realistic, yet a standalone mission with all of the usual James Bond bits thrown in that we know and love. Or, keep Craig with the same type of realistic tone they've used these past few films, and give us a half-and-half with the next Bond, as to not throw off Craig's Bond's personality too much.

Sounds like you liked the tone of Skyfall? I'll carry on this line of questioning later in the interview.
    Benny wrote:
    Name a favourite line and scene from the Bond films?

Easy one. ;)
    Creasy47 wrote:
    There are so many lines and so many scenes that I really enjoy from the great amount of Bond movies that have been produced. It's really hard to pick just one. If I had to choose only one line and scene, I would say:

Line: "The name's Bond. James Bond."

You really can't get much more iconic or grand than that line. Every actor has his own take of it, and I love what they all bring to the table.

Scene: The finale of Goldeneye. I have to count that as a scene, because the whole build-up to 007 and Alec meeting is great, with Bond and Natalya sliding in to the base and planting the mines with a little firefight, to the brief but intense encounter between Alec and Bond, all the way up to the long chase and fight in the satellite. Tensions are high, blood is spilled, and it's a truly magnificent finale.

Granted it is a good finale, in a Bond film that bought back all the epicness the series offers, after a six year hiatus. Bond was most certainly back in 1995.
    Benny wrote:
    Which actor/actress would you like to see appear in a Bond film? What do you think they would bring to the series?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    For actors, I know I'll be missing a bunch, but I think Hugh Laurie would make a great psychotic villain, and in terms of matching physicality, someone like Dwayne Johnson would make a good villain, as well. Granted, it's 'The Rock,' and I'm sure most wouldn't take him seriously, but still. Willem Dafoe has always been an underrated favorite of mine, and I think he could tackle the role of friend or foe in a Bond film and do a very fine job. He just has that mysterious charm and complexity to him that would make him unique to see alongside Bond in any way. Other notable favorites: Peter Stormare, Garret Dillahunt, John Hawkes, and Sam Rockwell. In terms of Bond girls, whether they assisted Bond or not, my favorite pick is Monica Bellucci. To me, she just screams Bond girl, and I'm not quite sure why they didn't choose her for Tomorrow Never Dies. It's a shame, really.

I like Hugh Laurie, Willem Dafoe, Sam Rockwell. John Hawkes has a rather villainesque and peculiar look, which almost screams Bond villain.
    Standout choice in Monica Bellucci. Ding dong!
    Benny wrote:
    James Bond covers such a diverse subject, fans can have interest in many areas of OO7, be it the novels, films or games. What area of Bond do you have the most interest in?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    For me, the films take the cake. I just haven't read too many of the novels, and while 'Goldeneye' and 'The World Is Not Enough' on the 360, alongside 'Agent Under Fire,' 'Nightfire,' and 'Quantum of Solace' on the PS2 and Xbox 360, respectively, brought me hours upon hours of fun, the films just have a really special place in my heart. To think of how many hours I've dedicated to each film - some more than others, of course - in the past ten to fifteen years of my life is remarkable, and I'm very proud to say that not a second of that has been wasted, no matter what the film is.

Great answer. It never ceases to amaze me how much enjoyment the films bring. No matter how many hours we view them, they give so much in rewatchability value.
    Benny wrote:
    When Daniel Craig retires from the role, who would you pick to be Bond #7?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    While Henry Cavill stood as a choice for me for a while, I've only seen two films of his: 'The Cold Light of Day,' which I just wasn't impressed with him in the slightest, and 'Immortals,' which didn't give me a great look at him in a modern setting, obviously. Come 'Man of Steel,' perhaps that will change. But, will he be too big, then? My personal pick would have to be Michael Fassbender, but the man is so popular now that I can't see it happening. Consider me ecstatic if it happened in an alternate reality, because if you haven't seen it, do watch 'X-Men: First Class' - the film is set in the 60's, and there's a bar scene with him and a few other guys. It just screams 007.

So, at this time, for realism terms, I'll go with Henry Cavill. A lot of people recommend Benedict Cumberbatch, but he just isn't very menacing. Again, this could also change after seeing him in the new 'Star Trek,' so time will tell. I've loved all of the other work I've seen him in, and he most certainly has the acting talent to step into 007's shoes.

I'm a fan of Cavill in the Bond role, and even though Superman appears to rule him out. Never say never. Got to say Fassbender doesn't convince me. But I could be swayed if he took the role. Similar to how Daniel Craig won me over with CR. I guess time will tell on that front.

Well, that's the first set of questions from our man on the couch. And I must say what a truly wonderful way to start this thread again. I really look forward to getting to know a little more of @Creasy47 and for him to give us an insight a little more on his personal life. So until next time good day all.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Great new questions and answers, gentlemen! :)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Oh great! I didn't realise there was going to be a second part! All the better!
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Oh great! I didn't realise there was going to be a second part! All the better!

Oh there's much more to come yet!
    The next line of questions get a little more personal, so we can learn more about @Creasy47. Then my final set of questions return to a Bondian approach again.
    Then when my questions are finished, we move onto other members being able to ask @Creasy47 a question of their own.
    Usually the interviews take place over a two week period. This gives everyone enough time to do their day to day things, without rushing things.
    I like my guests to feel relaxed whilst they're on the couch.

;)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Another great read. Looking forward to the rest ;)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Indeed, interesting and fun interview again chaps!
  • You can count me in as well @Benny. I haven't posted in a while so it would be a nice way to come back.
    Welcome back one and all, time to continue my interview with @Creasy47 and this time it's personal!
    Benny wrote:
    Can you tell us a little more about yourself?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Well, for anyone who has seen my profile, my name is Brett. I was born on May 6th, 1991, in Washington D.C. I'm currently attending Potomac State College of WVU in West Virginia, and after that, I'll just be saving myself up some money to move to NYC. I've always aspired to become an actor, without, mysteriously enough, ever having acted in my life before. It's just something I've always wanted to do since I was a kid. I have a wonderful girlfriend I've been with for almost 1 year and 8 months now, and she, too, enjoys the world of Bond...though not as much as I do!

A woman who also loves Bond. Hang on to her my friend. They're as rare as hens teeth.
    Benny wrote:
    What are some of your interests outside of Bond?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    My interests outside Bond include video games, films, the occasional reading, hockey (watching; I'm terrible at playing it), fashion, the occasional alcoholic drink, and cigarettes.

I feel a line from Mr.Osato coming on, something about a healthy chest. ;)
    But that's not for me to say. I trust the occasional drink is shaken not stirred?
    Benny wrote:
    A favourite holiday destination? And somewhere you would love to visit?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I've never really gone out of the Eastern Coast of the United States, and the biggest 'vacation' I've ever taken was a day trip to NYC or a week in the summer to Ocean City. But, I have an endless list of places I would love to visit: Italy, Cuba, the UK, Australia, Hawaii, the Bahamas, South Africa, so many other places in Europe, etc. Like I said, I have too many places I'd love to see.

All the romantic holiday spots...actually they are. I can vouch for Europe and Australia. Both great places to visit. As I'm sure are the others on your list.
    Benny wrote:
    An obligatory film question. Your five favourite films outside of Bond?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    As I've preached before, my favorite film of all time that I don't see being moved off of my list whatsoever is Steven Spielberg's 'Munich.' It's just a perfect masterpiece to me. Finishing off the rest of the list is what's the tricky part, so I'll select a few go-to favorites that always come to mind: 'Man On Fire,' 'Goldeneye,' 'Django Unchained,' and 'The Tailor of Panama.' I feel that some of these could be trumped by others in my collection, but the list is always changing!

I must confess I've never seen 'Munich'. Started to watch it, but couldn't get into it. Might have to give it another go. The other films on your list are all worth a look, though how did Goldeneye manage to make the non-Bond list? :))
    Benny wrote:
    Who or what influences you?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Pierce Brosnan, for one. I know, most of you will find it pathetic, but he, alongside Goldeneye, really inspired me to flesh out my love of films. It went from that to the rest of the Bond films to the countless other hundreds or thousands I've watched since I was a small boy. I've always enjoyed Pierce's films, and his attitude and personality in everything I've seen him in, whether it be an interview or user-uploaded video, is always generous and positive. He's a great man. My parents, though, are my biggest influences, because without them, I wouldn't have had the big 'oomph' I needed to strive to get my license, get my own job, and support myself by working two jobs to keep steady and pay off these rapidly increasing college loans.

Nothing pathetic about that Creasy. And it's always nice to see how much our parents influence us. Great answer there mate.
    Benny wrote:
    If you could choose any profession, what would you be?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    As I said before, I would want to be an actor. I wouldn't want to be one for the paycheck, or the fame, or being world-renown, but because I would love to make a film that somewhere, at some point, may possibly touch someone and turn in to one of the greatest things they've ever seen. That, for me, would be worth every moment.

It's something I always dreamed of doing. Slightly different than the sales rep that I am.
    Never give up on that dream though. It's never too late.
    Benny wrote:
    Any pets in the Cresy household?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I have one pet back home away from college, and her name is Abby. We've had her since she was a little baby, and even to this day, she still is a little baby. I couldn't tell you what type of dog she is, as I never remember - terrible brain, sometimes - but she's incredibly cute and loving, and I've never felt more loved when I return home from doing anything than I do when I get home and see her.

I'm gonna need a tissue here...what is this watery substance coming from my eye?
    Pets have a huge impact on us, and are very good listeners and stree relievers. Glad to see Abby has a good impact on you.
    Benny wrote:
    Do you follow or play any sports?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I mostly follow hockey. I do enjoy watching basketball and soccer. I don't play sports anymore, but when I was a teenager, I played soccer, basketball, bowling, and baseball.

Must confess I'm in a similar boat. Watching it on tv is alot less painful or tiring.
    I never said I was perfect.
    Benny wrote:
    Who are some of your heroes? Real or fictional
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I mean, James Bond is my hero. He is everything I would love to be: great style, gets the women, license to kill, has a great taste in everything. Why not? And, of course, my parents, for the aforementioned reasons.

Nice answer, I'm sure many members here would have a similar response.
    Benny wrote:
    Tell us something that will amaze or impress us? A hidden talent maybe?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I have nothing mind-blowing in terms of talents. I have pectoral excavatum, or a 'chest dent.' Look it up. It sucks, but I'm not as self-conscious about it as I used to be. My biggest 'talent,' I suppose, is how fast I can type: I used to hit around 170 - 185 WPM in typing class in middle school and high school. I feel like a film savant sometimes, with actors, directors, etc. Other than that, not much else!

A fast typist ehhh? Creasypenny perhaps?

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying what a wonderful insight that was into the personal side of your life. Thanks for sharing that with us @Creasy47.
    So we still have another set of Bond questions to get through, then it's the all important open questions from other members to wrap us up.
    Untill then, enjoy.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    These keep getting better and better. Well done, @Benny and @Creasy47 for the joint effort.

Now I must prepare a good question... :-?
    Another hit! I loved knowing more about @Creasy47! We have some things in common, one of the most unusual is that I can also type really fast :)
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Great interview. I have my question ready for when it's time for the open bit.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Indeed another great interview. And @Creasy, cherish the lessons you learn as a sales rep. Those skills will help you in whatever job you may land in the future!
    Indeed another great interview. And @Creasy, cherish the lessons you learn as a sales rep. Those skills will help you in whatever job you may land in the future!

I believe it is @Benny who is the sales rep.

I believe it is @Benny who is the sales rep.
    whoops, yep, you're right. My mistake. Well, having workrd in sales will help anyone, even if the're not aspiring to that job or willing to do it very long. It hones your people skills. Maybe @Creasy 'd like to have a salesjob as well ;-)

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    This sounds as if it's going to be a great thread count me in .
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Thanks, everyone! And yes, it's probably peculiar to many, many people that GE makes my Top 5 film list, haha.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    I will put myself forward for this interview.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Thanks, everyone! And yes, it's probably peculiar to many, many people that GE makes my Top 5 film list, haha.

GE is #6 for me. My list does change from time to time, but it will always be a top 10 for me I am sure. :)>-

Really enjoyed the interview.
    Hello again folks. Well it's that time where I finish up my interview with @Creasy47. So make yourself comfortable and enjoy.
    Benny wrote:
    You've spoken about your appreciation of Pierce Brosnan. Do you think he had more Bond films in him after DAD? And if so, how many would you say?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Let me explain first, but I think DAD was a good time for him to part from the series. At the time, I was young, so my Brosnan obsession took over and I never wanted him to leave the role. (Bond 29: Brosnan tackles a sinister enemy during nap time and an intense chess game at the nursing home). But, as loathed and terribly rated as the film is, Brosnan didn't look terribly past his prime throughout, and with that, it was a good place to stop. CR brought along the wonderful Daniel Craig, a whole new type of Bond, and I've been enjoying myself ever since. Having said that, if they pushed the 'reboot' concept back a few more years and gave Brosnan one more shot, I would have enjoyed seeing something a lot better than what the final product of DAD turned out to be. I just hate seeing his last Bond film as such a trainwreck, but as I've stated before, I still enjoy watching it, and I try to focus on the good portions of it.

Great answer. I always thought Pierce had a fifth film in him. And should've gone out on a better film than DAD.
    Benny wrote:
    Almost keeping to the same vein as above. The reboot is a controversial one amongst Bond fans. What are your thought on the subject?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I guess I jumped to this question a little quickly in my last answer, but personally, I love the direction that Craig has taken Bond now. This gritty, realistic feel has me anticipating a rewatch of his films every time the thought pops up in my head. But, there are moments where I question what the old universe of Bond is to the one that restarted, if you will, in 2006. I'm sure it doesn't set out to just cancel and negate everything that Connery through Brosnan set to achieve, though. I know it's quite the argument for numerous Bond fans, and it's always a good topic to discuss. From a general stance, it seems a majority of people, Bond fans or not, seem to love what's going on with the series now, and I'm with them. However, do I question sort of overlaps or 'irrelevance' to the past Bonds with how the Craig timeline is going now? Occasionally, I do.

Think you're spot on with that one. ;)
    Benny wrote:
    A second Lazenby film. A third Dalton. A better follow up to OHMSS.What are some of the missed opportunities for you?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I think the biggest missed opportunity for me is a third (or even a fourth) Dalton film. I can't get enough of TLD and LTK, and it's such a shame to see that six year gap that could have worked in two more films for him, with a GE follow-up after the fourth. Of course, the legal woes that went on in those six years weren't some easy fix they could have swept aside, but imagine the possibilities if they weren't present: another two (hopefully beautiful) additions to the Bond universe, giving Dalton a proper four films for us to watch. Definitely the biggest missed opportunity to me.

I'd have to agree. Dalton was such a great Bond, I feel robbed at him not doing more films. Such a pity.
    Benny wrote:
    We've discussed who you think could play James Bond #7. But who could've played Bond in the past in your opinion?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I wouldn't switch him for Craig - unless he really could have shined in the role - but one of my favorites was the possibility of Julian McMahon (Nip/Tuck). He's got the confidence and the looks to him, and while I've never seen anything terribly action-oriented with him in it, I think he could have nailed the role. I've thought of countless great actors from the 1960's who would have made a good Bond, but I immediately compare them to Connery, and I just don't think he could have been topped. Connery IS James Bond. When Moore wasn't sure about what to do with Bond, I think James Brolin would have played a great James Bond, sans being British.

McMahon is never one who really stood out to me. But he certainly has the looks.
    The choice is not a bad one. I'll have to research that one a little more.
    Brolin, had potential. But I'm so glad Sir Rog made OP.
    Benny wrote:
    As with most Bond fans, you're a fan for life I'm sure. But is there any reason you would give up on Bond? Or maybe lose interest?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I've thought about it before. The world of James Bond has to be one of my greatest pleasures in life, but what would it take for me to leave the series? What's something so drastic (yet realistic) they may do to totally throw me off of the series? I've heard talks of some wanting a black Bond, with Idris Elba taking the role. Would it make me depart the series? I don't believe so. Would I prefer it? No. It's a good question, but I really can't think of something that would make me totally drop the series.

It's much easier asking the questions. Never want to find ourselves with the dilema of giving up on Bond.
    Benny wrote:
    A simple one. Bond is known for his gadgets and vehicles. Give me a favourite gadget and vehicle?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Favorite vehicle: Aston Martin DB5. It's so classic and iconic, it just can't be topped. Favorite gadget: GE's exploding pen. There are so many others that are excellent, but the tension in GE's finale while Boris clicks away, with Bond to the side, sweating as he waits for an explosion, is intense.

The DB5 is a given for many. The GE pen is a good one. Simple, yet as you mention, the tension the scene creates at the end is brilliant.
    Benny wrote:
    Okay we'll finish on a fantasy question. Give me your fantasy Bond film.
    Bond?
    Bond girl?
    Villain
    Director?
    Location?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    My dream Bond and Bond girl: Michael Fassbender (it's a shame he's so big now, because he would make an excellent 007) with Monica Bellucci (so beautiful, still stunned that she was never given a Bond girl role) as the Bond girl. The villain would be Hugh Laurie or Willem Dafoe (he's so psychotic), but in terms of a good dream, I'd go with the former. The director would have to be Michael Mann - he would be well hated, I'm sure, but his style would make a James Bond film like we've never, ever seen, as he would one up the realism we've seen during Craig's tenure. Just look at 'Collateral,' 'Heat,' etc. for what I'm talking about. Finally, the dream location: Australia. 007 has never been there, it's an incredibly beautiful place, and they could do so much with it. The idea of this has me excited, such a shame it will never happen!

Where can I get my ticket?

Well folks that all from me as far as asking questions go.
    So now I pass the chance to ask @Creasy47 a question over to you.
    However as with the rest of the interview, if @Creasy47 does not wish to answer a question then he doesn't have to. And please keep the questions polite and in good taste.
    Anyone posting offensive or ill mannered questions will be removed from participating in future interviews.

So over to you...
    Loved the interview! So now is the time for us to make questions?

I have a simple one, but about a theme that wasn't focused on the interview.

- The music is an important part of each Bond film. What is your favourite soundtrack and theme song and why?
    Sandy wrote:
    Loved the interview! So now is the time for us to make questions?

I have a simple one, but about a theme that wasn't focused on the interview.

- The music is an important part of each Bond film. What is your favourite soundtrack and theme song and why?

I'm embarrassed to say that the soundtracks of the films are one of the few things I manage to not focus on as much as other aspects. I do need to go through and really pay attention one day to find out which one is my favorite, but a favorite of mine is GE (always stands out because I've seen the film so much, though I know the soundtrack is pretty well-hated around these parts), and SF (not sure what everyone else thought, but while it isn't the best, there are quite a few moments that stand out to me, and one that gives me chills: Bond and M driving to the Skyfall lodge. So eerie.)
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 12,837
    What kind of music do you like and what bands/artists do you listen to?
    @thelivingroyale, I love all music except for country (old 50's/60's country music is great, though), most of the new pop/hip-hop stuff, and rap. Some of my favorite genres of music are rock, jazz, 80's music, and ska. My favorite band is DMB, with some other notable favorites including Queen, Rush, Michael Jackson, Panic at the Disco, John Coltrane, Blues Traveler, Elton John, Donovan, Marvin Gaye, Foxy Shazam, Streetlight Manifesto, Suburban Legends, John Legend, Gorillaz, and Miles Davis.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Oh, @Creasy47, I love the music in SF - yes, the scene driving off with Judi to Skyfall lodge and also especially Bond entering the Macao casino harbor. Soaring, lovely strings.

Those were very good questions, @Sandy and @thelivingroyale. May I ask one now? This is just silly, but here it goes: If you could pick one Bond adventure to live through, actually be Bond in one, which film would you choose?

(And, please everbody feel free to discuss music further; I don't mean to squash discussion, just wanted to get my question in, too. )

@4EverBonded, good question. Feel free to ask away with whatever questions you may have.

With such a personal connection to me, I'd have to say GE. Diving after planes, bungee-jumping from a dam, romancing Simonova and Onatopp, fighting Trevelyan on a dish, plowing a tank through a wall and destroying a large portion of a city, sprinting through an archive and blasting bad guys, along with everything else contained in the movie? Yes, please.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 12,459
    You know, that's a good answer, I think. Other Bond films have some real sadness in them, though they are great. Which adventure would we really like to experience? For me, it is such a topsy turvy answer as I am a woman. I adore The Spy Who Loved Me but couldn't put myself in Anya's shoes easily (her first great love is killed). For me, it probably is GE, too; I love Natalya and it has a great ending for her and Bond. Thanks for sharing, @Creasy47.