Creasy47's Behind The Avatar Interview Thread With Agent_99 (Page 22)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Thank you for sharing, as well, @4EverBonded.
  • What a fantastic interview! Rather basic but who is your favourite Bond Villain and why? I will be shocked if you say Trevelyan ;)
    @Creasy47, as you are big fan of the Brozzer, do you feel he nailed it in his own way or was just palying around with what came before him?
    @Skyfall007silva, you caught me! It's Trevelyan. An evenly matched foe that is an old friend of Bond's, and to see them chase one another and duke it out on the satellite at the end is amazing.

@identigraph, at times I think he nailed it, and at times I think he muddled the waters between what they wanted to go for and what he wanted. As he's stated before, he really wanted an R-rated type Bond, with the blood, tears, and sex. I would have enjoyed seeing his take on this, as he plays some great roles like that in 'The Matador' and 'The Tailor of Panama.'
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Skyfall007silva, you caught me! It's Trevelyan. An evenly matched foe that is an old friend of Bond's, and to see them chase one another and duke it out on the satellite at the end is amazing.

@identigraph, at times I think he nailed it, and at times I think he muddled the waters between what they wanted to go for and what he wanted. As he's stated before, he really wanted an R-rated type Bond, with the blood, tears, and sex. I would have enjoyed seeing his take on this, as he plays some great roles like that in 'The Matador' and 'The Tailor of Panama.'

I agree that the Matador and Tailor of Panama featured superb performances from Brozzer. I think it definitley seems the Brosnan era was very restricted in terms of what they wanted to do but I think generally he did pretty good!
    @identigraph, it's nice to see that Brosnan enjoyed the time that he had, and given what Craig is doing with the role now, I'll always love what Brosnan brought to the table.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @Creasy47 I think most people who love Bond feel there's something they have in common with him. Is there anything you think of you have in common with Bond?
    Good question, @CommanderRoss. I sometimes feel like I'm good with comebacks or quips in situations, and I've got Craig's Bond's walk downpat, if that isn't too pathetic. I also like to think I have a very nice sense of fashion, as well, and a nice taste in good drink.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Not pathetic at all - that's cool.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Some very good questions being asked here folks.
    Make sure you get them in sooner rather than later as I'll be wrapping up my interview with @Creasy47 over the weekend, so if you have a question to ask...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Creasy47, we all have the characters we like and enjoy watching, but when was the moment you first realized that Bond was different, that he would be a big part of your life then on and what made you think that?
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I think it was the culmination of seeing all of the actors give their take on this one man, and coming out with different results. Started with the Brosnan films (DAD wasn't out yet) and just loved them, and this was a time for me before I searched the Internet or was into any forums, so I just stumbled upon the other movies and realized there was this huge series, and I thought they must be truly unique and grand if they've lasted for 40 years. I gave them all a try, and I believe that's when I started to appreciate older films. I was younger, but they grew on me and I instantly wanted to check out old 60's classics, too. From there on out, it was a matter of me collecting all of the Bonds on VHS and just diving into this unique world as much as I could. I was (and still am) absolutely in love with the character.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That's a great answer, @Creasy47. I think that one of the greatest parts of becoming a Bond fan, no matter what films got you into the character or who the Bond actor was that you latched onto is the moment when you are overtaken by the massive history these films have and realize there is so much to look back on and explore from a time when you weren't even conceived. That is one of my favorite things about the franchise itself. You watch the films all in order and see how they are very much products of their time yet completely timeless adventures that you can endlessly revisit because of the startling amount of them that have been created these past 50 years.
    edited May 2013 Posts: 40,473
    That's a great answer, @Creasy47. I think that one of the greatest parts of becoming a Bond fan, no matter what films got you into the character or who the Bond actor was that you latched onto is the moment when you are overtaken by the massive history these films have and realize there is so much to look back on and explore from a time when you weren't even conceived. That is one of my favorite things about the franchise itself. You watch the films all in order and see how they are very much products of their time yet completely timeless adventures that you can endlessly revisit because of the startling amount of them that have been created these past 50 years.

Absolutely well stated. There are times I wish I could go back clueless and just enjoy all of the films for the first time again and learn the history once more. It's so amazing. Still, even to this day, there are things I learn about the films that I never, ever knew.

I enjoy the questions, everyone, so keep them coming, whatever they are, before the weekend.
    It would be great to be alive in the early 60s, back when some were still uncertain whether Dr. No would be a good enough success to kick off the start of a few more subsequent films here and there afterwards. Now, here we are decades later and that one little film in '62 has led us to 50 years of adventures. It is cinematic magic in its purest form.
    I'd love to be in the cinemas opening day for 'Dr. No,' with a suit on and a cigarette in one hand. What an experience that must have been. Great to see how far the series has come, and here's to another 50 years.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    I'm sorry Creasy if this has already been asked... If you got to have live through a single Bond experience (Connery leaving, Brosnan being announced, etc.), which would you live through and why?
    I'm sorry Creasy if this has already been asked... If you got to have live through a single Bond experience (Connery leaving, Brosnan being announced, etc.), which would you live through and why?

That's a good question. I'd say the announcement of Sean Connery, alongside the release of DN, just to be there at the start of a 50 year history. As a fan favorite, though, it would have to be the theatrical release of GE.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @Creasy47 thanks for your answer. I think taking over small mannerisms is something we automatically do when we find a hero in someone.
    Attaboy Crease! Benny couldn't have picked a better candidate for the first behind-the-avatar interviews! You are representing the Brosnan Supporters and GoldenEye Fanatics club quite well with these interviews!
    @00Beast, thank you very much! We aim to please.

@CommanderRoss, you're quite welcome.

It's Saturday, so are there any more questions? I'm sure it will be handed over to the next member here very shortly.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited May 2013 Posts: 16,330
    What's your favorite location @Creasy47
    Murdock wrote:

Do you mean in the Bond films, which one is my favorite?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Do you mean in the Bond films, which one is my favorite?

Yes. Sorry I should have been more specific. :p
    @Murdock, it's fine. I think the Bahamas (Nassau) in CR just screams the perfection of beauty for me. Either that, or the place that Bond visits Mathis at in QoS for the first time. It's in Italy, really upset that I can't recall the name of it.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Murdock, it's fine. I think the Bahamas (Nassau) in CR just screams the perfection of beauty for me. Either that, or the place that Bond visits Mathis at in QoS for the first time. It's in Italy, really upset that I can't recall the name of it.

Talamone is the place :)
    @MrBond, thank you very much. That boat ride before he arrives is just mind-blowingly beautiful.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2013 Posts: 13,350
    @Creasy47 where would you like to be job and life-wise in ten years time? You know, in the ideal world that doesn't exist?

Great interview with @Benny, by the way.
    @Samuel001, I would love to be a successful actor. Like I've said in the past, I've never acted a day in my life, and public events sometimes make me nervous, but I've wanted to be an actor since I was a little boy, and I think being able to go from the state I'm in now to doing something I've always wanted to do would be astounding. Life-wise, the girl I'm with now is amazing. We just celebrated 20 months together (a massive feat in my eyes, as it's the longest relationship I've ever been through) and I don't see why things could only go downhill from here.

If the job thing didn't work out, just something that I don't loathe doing every day of my life, that pays marginally well, and keeps me happy. That would be nice.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Nicely and sensibly said, @Creasy47! :)

Regarding acting - I am not sure about where you live, but many places have amateur acting groups for plays and musicals, things like that. You may try your hand at it and enjoy it. Don't wait until you are 87 years old and can only play the deaf man sitting by the cafe playing chess with his equally old dog by his side. ;)