Going away or coming back?

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I am trying to hang in here and would sorely miss your posts. I spent 45 minutes on this forum, just reading a bit here and there last evening - and I did not see three of our usual trolls. They just were not active. It was a pleasant surprise. I know we have had wave after wave of trolls and the boards have been filled with stupidity, garbage, and worse. But please stay. The heart and foundation of this forum is really excellent and worthwhile. You are a big part of that.

Wiser words weren't spoken today, @4EverBonded.

Our forum is in quite a good health. The grass is green, safe for three or four withered blades. We will cut them off; the tools are being sharpened. The rest of us can meanwhile continue to enjoy the liveliness of the lawn.

• edited April 2013 Posts: 3,236
    Every time a member leaves, the trolls win. Don't let the trolls win. Making us miserable and driving us away is what they want. Regard them like barking dogs. Annoying, but nothing worth responding to.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I love dogs, but good point. I think of trolls as sort of like the Orcs in Lord of the Rings.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I love dogs, but good point. I think of trolls as sort of like the Orcs in Lord of the Rings.

Everytime I hear the word troll I think of the troll-trio from The Hobbit: William, Bert and Tom. That gives me hope, we know that sooner or later the sun will shine and they will turn to stone.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Will be going away for a while. Details as to why can be found in my post here:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/237697#Comment_237697

I'll check back in the future to see if anything's changed.

Did Bond give up when he was shot and nearly drowned? Did he fold his cards when the pills and drink weighed him down and lowered his capacity to fight? Did Bond shout uncle when M was in danger and Silva wanted to plant a bullet in her? Hell no. Tough he was aching, though he was punched and bruised and cut and bleeding he ran, and ran and ran until he almost couldn't anymore, and has been the defining hero we all identify with. If Bond didn't stop, I wouldn't expect you to quit.

As William Wallace bravely states in Braveheart:

"Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!"

Stay here, and things may get rough. Leave and you won't have to deal with trolls any longer, but think: would you be willing to trade all your days after you left the site for moments like these where we all as dedicated members and lovers of Bond join together to fight the good fight and rise against the spam these imbeciles parade? These trolls may keep coming back, but they can never break our chain and they shall never stop us from moving forward.
  • JBFan626 wrote:
    Hey all, I haven't been on in a while, and may be on a hiatus for a while. My wife and I recently welcomed our daughter, so a lot of sleepless nights. I just noticed a select # of 007 films are back on Netflix! So I just may be in for a treat. If I can pop in again soon I will. But just wanted to say thanks to all for the great conversations and looking forward to catching up again soon. :)

Many blessings on your new daughter and congratulations JB, all the best and enjoy your hiatus!

I'd like to reply in general and say "please don't go" to LFH and others, don't let the trolls get you as that's what they want. If we speak as a community like we have been, the admins will see that policies need to be upgraded/overhauled to better deal with this, and those changes will hopefully make the site both better and a good place to come and relax among fellow Bondaholics.
  • RC7RC7
    edited April 2013 Posts: 10,512
    Checking out. I certainly won't be missed. Adieu Bond fans.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RC7 wrote:

Survival of the Fittest at its best, har har.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote:

There are enough jumped up pricks to deal with in the real world. As soon as you have to start doing it online you know it's time to go.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

There are enough jumped up pricks to deal with in the real world. As soon as you have to start doing it online you know it's time to go.

If you have chosen to go then by all means, go! You are not linked by chains, weighed down with anchors or glued with adhesive. Unless you are waiting for some dramatic exit, which I must say is not going well if that is indeed your mission.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Such a shame that we've lost a few members, but if that's their choice, then that's it.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    RC7 wrote:
    Checking out. I certainly won't be missed.

Wrong there, but I wish you well sir.
    @thelordflashheart Don't leave. You actually make some intelligent posts and arguments even if I don't always agree with you.

@RC7 Same with you. I enjoy your posts and I find myself agreeing with you a lot, you're one of the few members on here that seems to understand you can find flaws in something while still liking it.

Plus we don't have many Moore fans on here now.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I shall be out of the office for the next week 10 days or so I'm not leaving just have matters to attend to which require my full attention see you all later keep yourselves well see you later.
    I really have not intended to be away for so long, and I do apologize for that! I keep seeing things on here about the need for the "old faces" and the "real members", so I hope I can fill the need by trying to maintain a regular participation on here again! It's saddening to hear about how many of our number are thinking about flying the coop. A shame, a shame for sure. However, seems like most everyone I'd expect to see is still around, so I'm thankful for that! Nice to return here after an unusual absence! Glad to be with you guys again!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Welcome back, 00Beast! Did you just feel that hearty slap on your back? I hope so. Things are improving troll wise; do stick around, post, and know that we appreciate you.
    Welcome back, 00Beast! Did you just feel that hearty slap on your back? I hope so. Things are improving troll wise; do stick around, post, and know that we appreciate you.

That is quite a compliment to me @4EverBonded, thank you very much! I highly appreciate such a generous welcome back!
    Nice to see you back on a more consistent basis, @00Beast. The experience of the forum is not the same without your dear presence. :)>-
  • JRRJRR

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/comment/237697#Comment_237697

Stick around, why give up something you enjoy because of a minor irritation....

Remember the Confucius quote “Don't use a cannon to kill a mosquito”

“thelordflasheart will return”

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    JRR wrote:

Stick around, why give up something you enjoy because of a minor irritation....

Remember the Confucius quote “Don't use a cannon to kill a mosquito”

“thelordflasheart will return”

What a great quote. Thanks for sharing.
    Very nice to see your swift return, @00Beast, and I do hope we'll see more of your kind attitude (and love of GE) around here more often, friend.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 4,762
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Very nice to see your swift return, @00Beast, and I do hope we'll see more of your kind attitude (and love of GE) around here more often, friend.

That you will, Creasy, that you will! I plan to make more frequent visits like I used to! Just got caught up in a lot of crazy schoolwork stuff, but I'm back! Good to see you still in action here, my friend!
    Nice to see you back on a more consistent basis, @00Beast. The experience of the forum is not the same without your dear presence. :)>-

Thank you very much, Brady! It is appreciated! Good to see you again!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Nice to see you @00Beast, good to have a veteran of the forums back again.
    Always sad to see members leave, especially when their contributions to the forums is what many of us come here for. To discuss James Bond.
    Hopefully the likes of @RC7 and @thelordflashheart will return soon enough.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 4,418
    Well, well, well, its only @00Beast! Back again to defend Pierce Brosnan. Good show old boy. Hope your exams went swimmingly.

Sad to some some valued members going; the trolls win.

Still, I been frequenting this site for 11 years, and I'll be buggered if some little creeps run me out.

@Benny and @royale65: I appreciate the hearty welcome back, men! Thank you very much!
    @00Beast,
    Great to have you back, my good friend!
    Through GoldenEye we are bonded after all. ;-)
    Now please stay. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    @00Beast,
    Great to have you back, my good friend!
    Through GoldenEye we are bonded after all. ;-)
    Now please stay. ;-)

I shall! There's always plenty of time for more GE discussions, after all!
  • samainsysamainsy Suspended
    I had a dream about this page last night,it was that I said I was going LA for a month bit random but you know what I mean.
    samainsy wrote:
    I had a dream about this page last night,it was that I said I was going LA for a month bit random but you know what I mean.

Okay, this is spam @samainsy. I pointed out spam in a few other threads as well. Avoid more of this if you wish to avoid further warnings.

I think I'll be departing the forum for a while. Not only do I not have as much time to post as I'd like to, it seems like every time I'm on, a pointless argument ensues - on the site or in PM's - over something entirely useless. It's getting quite tiring. It's happened the past few times I've been on, which is why I haven't returned as much as usual these past few days.

I'll be on again in the near future. Going to take some time to relax and focus on my summer job. Take care, everyone. I'll be back again pretty soon.