SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

I wouldn't mind Q out in the field, , as long as he wasn't a big part of the mission/plot itself.

me too

We will get the director soon enough I know I am the only person who will say this but I am glad Purvis and Wade might be back for Bond 25.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Logan is writing Bond 25 aswell as Skyfall and B24.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 498
    Risico007 wrote:
    We will get the director soon enough I know I am the only person who will say this but I am glad Purvis and Wade might be back for Bond 25.

I'm with you on that one buddy :) .
    But not B25, I think 26 will bring them back.
    Mendes' comments to paraphrase: He's too busy at the moment and they need a director now to work on the film for a year before going into pre-production. Does this mean that Bond 24 will go into pre-production March 2014 for filming to begin by summer 2014?
    Mendes' comments to paraphrase: He's too busy at the moment and they need a director now to work on the film for a year before going into pre-production. Does this mean that Bond 24 will go into pre-production March 2014 for filming to begin by summer 2014?

no I think production will begin January 2014 that said if filming begins in summer a fall release date is still possible as Tomorrow never Dies proved

She also says maybe* and that it won't be for the next one*.

Two key aspects of that article you brushed over.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

She also says maybe* and that it won't be for the next one*.

Two key aspects of that article you brushed over.

I think it's safe to say we won't be hearing of Mendes directing another Bond film any time soon. ;-) He appears to be more interested in doing theatre work. And a theatre heart is hard to calm down... :-)
    I agree with @DarthDimi.
    As for Q doing fieldwork, I wouldn't mind seeing him there. It would just be annoying it Bond had to protect him.

If they played it Licence To Kill style, I'd be okay with that.
    I will post this article in all 3 of the main bond 24 threads as I'm unsure which one it actually belongs in

http://metro.co.uk/2013/03/26/danny-boyle-says-no-to-bond-24-im-not-that-kind-of-director-3560833/

now before people say "what's the big deal we know Boyle doesn't want to do that" that isn't why I am posting the article

Boyle did hint that Bond bosses had been in touch to check if he was available.

He said: ‘They make enquires if you’re available and stuff like that, but I will be there when the next one opens.’

THAT is why I'm posting this EON is looking at directors and already making enquries as to wether they are available lending creadence to the fall 2014 release date

the search for a director has begun
  • StrelikStrelik Spectre Island
    edited March 2013 Posts: 108
    Hmm. Barbara Broccoli stating she wants to bring back Purvis and Wade in the future is a bit disheartening. One of the reasons I was excited about the future of the Bond franchise after so many years was because Purvis and Wade were supposedly gone.
    The important thing is THEY realize they're a bit burned out so who knows, if they come back maybe they'll have a great film in them
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 5,745
    Strelik wrote:
    Hmm. Barbara Broccoli stating she wants to bring back Purvis and Wade in the future is a bit disheartening. One of the reasons I was excited about the future of the Bond franchise after so many years was because Purvis and Wade were supposedly gone.

Well, she wouldn't say 'good riddance' after they just made her alot of money.. and they're kind of standing right next to her.

And this:
    bondbat007 wrote:
    The important thing is THEY realize they're a bit burned out so who knows, if they come back maybe they'll have a great film in them

Sure Q can turn up in the field again. It's not unprecedented as we saw in both OP and LTK. Even the new action MP could turn up in the field again too. But obviously we don't want to overdo anything. The focus has to be on Bond.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2300789/007s-love-triangle-Rafe-Spall-play-man-opposite-real-life-married-couple-Rachel-Weisz-Daniel-Craig.html#ixzz2OvIG5lDN

Bond 24 confirmed to begin pre-production beginnging of next year.

This is from Baz as well so it seems pretty solid to me. Possible Summer 2015 release?
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 9,770
    I still say fall 2014 and i still say Pre production has already started so Baz probably means Productions
  • I'd say 2015, that's what it has seemed like it would b e for the past little while.
    With Baz now reporting this, I think it's safe to say Eon are pretty close to having a director, if not already signing one. Good news. I still think Late 2014 is VERY probable.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,350
    The title may need to be changed then. ;) 2014 not 2015. Since Whishaw spilled the beans, I think we always knew this would be the case.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I think the target is still 2014, @Samuel001 you are right the title has to be changed again. Only if things go terribly out of control will the film only be out in 2015. All they need now is a director and who knows, they might have one already.
    Risico007 wrote:
    I still say fall 2014 and i still say Pre production has already started so Baz probably means Productions

Yep. The script is well underway, so will be the appointment of many of the smaller production roles.

Still say 2014 :)

• edited March 2013 Posts: 5,745
    Samuel001 wrote:
    The title may need to be changed then. ;) 2014 not 2015. Since Whishaw spilled the beans, I think we always knew this would be the case.

Ooops. Fixed. Yea, I decided earlier this month they already have a director. Have to by now.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Very cool. Can't wait to see what comes of all this in these next few months. I really hope it is out by 2014 - I'm impatient - but if they need an extra year to give the audience something truly spectacular, then by all means.
    Any ideas who is on the short list of directors

My guess

Rubert Wyatt
    Tony Gilroy
    Ang Lee
    Ridly Scott
    Samuel001 wrote:

Yep. The script is well underway, so will be the appointment of many of the smaller production roles.

[/quote]
    Well I hope 2014 or 2015 but IMDB put the year 2016 that when Daniel Craig will be 48. It should be up 2015. What Eon doing? I first hoping 2014 next year then Daniel Craig can reprise his 007 role for Bond 25 in 2016 his ten Anniversary of his playing the role.
    You lot should look at IMDB web log Bond 24 it got all the complete cast in Ben Whishaw, Ralph Fiennes, Naomi Harries. What it all says.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited March 2013 Posts: 4,399
    Agent7F wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Well I hope 2014 or 2015 but IMDB put the year 2016 that when Daniel Craig will be 48. It should be up 2015. What Eon doing? I first hoping 2014 next year then Daniel Craig can reprise his 007 role for Bond 25 in 2016 his ten Anniversary of his playing the role.
    You lot should look at IMDB web log Bond 24 it got all the complete cast in Ben Whishaw, Ralph Fiennes, Naomi Harries. What it all says.

anyone can go in and change an IMDB page - and as long as they have what very little evidence to back up their changes, the IMDB mods will change it... this happens regularly, and IMDB is not to be 100% trusted when it comes to news.. the pages for films can be edited almost like Wikipedia.... so use caution..

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    And to think I was just about to create a character page for
    M's daughter...