SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• RC7RC7
    Risico007 wrote:
    NO there is no need for a third year!

Someone's spitting his dummy out.
    AgentJM7 wrote:
    whilst I agree that EON would want a firm director and solid script, they've certainly got the latter!

Time will tell. I don't think this a given just yet, although we can be optimistic.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,350
    From MGM's conference call we learn that Skyfall has sold 3.7 million units in the US on DVD/BD and 4 million overseas. 2.8 million of that 4 million are from the UK and Skyfall broke the UK BD sales record with half a million units being sold in the first week alone.

On Bond 24 it was said they are "currently developing the screenplay" and will be "signing a director in the near future". On Mendes not doing the next one it was said "he did an amazing job on Skyfall" but "he decided to pursue other interests at this time". It was then added they "look forward to announcing a director soon".

http://www.mgm.com/#/about/investor-relations
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    "Q For Fieldwork In Bond 24?"

If fieldwork is what The classic Q had always done in Connery, Lazemby, Moore and Dalton's eras, Yes! I'd like to see Q traveling over the world, again, to help Bond.
    http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/mgm-public-disclosure-skyfall-hobbit/

MGM CEO Gary Barber says a new director for Bond 24 will be appointed "soon".
    WOAH

and we are back in the game ladies and gentleman!

Really hoping for Tony Gilroy but that is just my opinion though This announcment makes me thing Rupert Wyatt. Samuel I will gladly say your right if this turns out to be True.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 2,015
    Getafix wrote:
    Why was the budget so squeezed on SF?
    Well, I'd say that all budgets are now more and more "squeezed" for every blockbuster on the planet. I can testify 6 years ago I felt money was spoiled on the French blockbuster set I worked on (the on set VFX team I was in went to very nice restaurants every night with the producers' money....). Now many VFX companies risk bankrupt and no one from the industry really care, because it's hard for everyone (except for the agents :) ).

Expect to see more and more "simple but effective VFX" done by Indian engineers to replace a real location each time is it possible, alas (Silva's CG island is an example of such choice I'm afraid).
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I wonder just how long the "near future" is. Looking forward to a director announcement.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I wonder just how long the "near future" is. Looking forward to a director announcement.

I think that means they already have someone in sight, otherwise they would say something even more vague.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sandy wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I think that means they already have someone in sight, otherwise they would say something even more vague.
    I agree, @Sandy. 'Soon' definitely makes me think that they have some good talent in their sights. Maybe they even had backups in case Sam folded? Though it came as a shock to them I am sure MGM and EON had something up their sleeves, or at least talked to directors in the past about directing a Bond film of whom they are now considering for Bond 24.
    On today's call, investors were told the next Bond film will be out within three years, most likely in late 2014

In the Hollywood reporter article why would they mention 3 years and then subsequently mention 2014 ?
    3 years should mean them talking about 2015 right ?
  • Skyfail wrote:
    On today's call, investors were told the next Bond film will be out within three years, most likely in late 2014

In the Hollywood reporter article why would they mention 3 years and then subsequently mention 2014 ?

Well I think they basically mean it will be maximum three years, meaning latest at the latest 2016, but it will most likely be out in late 2014.
    Skyfail wrote:

Well I think they basically mean it will be maximum three years, meaning latest at the latest 2016, but it will most likely be out in late 2014.

You laid all my fears to rest !
    Thank you ! :)
  • Sandy wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

I agree, @Sandy. 'Soon' definitely makes me think that they have some good talent in their sights. Maybe they even had backups in case Sam folded? Though it came as a shock to them I am sure MGM and EON had something up their sleeves, or at least talked to directors in the past about directing a Bond film of whom they are now considering for Bond 24.

As surprised as they may be, it'd be pretty foolish of the producers not to have a back up plan. Mendes never really committed to returning so they should have been preparing regardless of what he says, until they got confirmation. I've gone over and over in my head and I definitely agree that they likely have their sights on someone and I've been trying to explore the possibilities but it seems as though most of the "obvious" choices are busy (provided they don't jump ships on their current projects) with the exception of maybe Matthew Vaughn (who already has a track record of bailing on projects). My gut feeling is that the choice will come somewhat from left field, be it a relatively unknown director, or an unlikely big name such as Ang Lee. In fact, I think that could be a name to keep an eye on...

my guess is we will know the director by April 1st.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Risico007 wrote:

That is not a good day for it :P
    Risico007 wrote:

In another 10 days.
    Wouldn't that be too early ?
    Skyfail wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

In another 10 days.

A guess is just that a guess lol

Risico007 wrote:
    Skyfail wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

In another 10 days.

A guess is just that a guess lol

Haha, ok
    but I think 10 days is being way too optimistic .

As long as its handled right? I don't mind seeing Q out in the field! As for the directors chair? Looking forward to seeing who they choose? :-?
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 1,021
    Hoping it is Joe Wright that is chosen. I read an interview where he stated that he was jealous that Sam Mendes was directing SF. So to hear that he does also want to direct a Bond film confirms my belief that it will be Joe Wright. He is not (that I am aware of) signed to direct anything in the near future...what are BABS and MICHAEL waiting for. Get on the phone now and sign that deal....

Wright on Board by April/May
    Gassner is probably working on proposed concept designs etc based on the current screenplay/draft
    Logan finishes the final draft of the screenplay with a production start in November 2013
    Film is released at the end of 2014

Hoping it is Joe Wright that is chosen. I read an interview where he stated that he was jealous that Sam Mendes was directing SF. So to hear that he does also want to direct a Bond film confirms my belief that it will be Joe Wright. He is not (that I am aware of) signed to direct anything in the near future...what are BABS and MICHAEL waiting for. Get on the phone now and sign that deal....

Wright on Board by April/May
    Gassner is probably working on proposed concept designs etc based on the current screenplay/draft
    Logan finishes the final draft of the screenplay with a production start in November 2013
    Film is released at the end of 2014

I'd be ok with that
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I would love it if in Bond 24 Bond and Q traveled together to some location on a plane and we got to see Q's fear of flying onscreen as he shakes next to Bond in his seat as they take off. A great opportunity for humor! =))
  • I would love it if in Bond 24 Bond and Q traveled together to some location on a plane and we got to see Q's fear of flying onscreen as he shakes next to Bond in his seat as they take off. A great opportunity for humor! =))

"Fists with your toes, Q, fists with your toes"
    I would love it if in Bond 24 Bond and Q traveled together to some location on a plane and we got to see Q's fear of flying onscreen as he shakes next to Bond in his seat as they take off. A great opportunity for humor! =))

Hahaha! And have Bruce Willis make a cameo in the seat behind them just rolling his eyes. :))
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Bond doesn't like flying much in the books either, you know. Could make for a good scene.

Hahaha! And have Bruce Willis make a cameo in the seat behind them just rolling his eyes. :))

Yes. Make it happen!

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The extra year to make SF work is, overplayed imo. That time was spent fixing whatever bullcrap Purvis and Wade came up with and voila! Those 2 clowns are now gone. Additionally, if one has a year to spare, no matter how good the script is, it's not going to be left untouched; it'll be tweaked and in some cases, could harm the script. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some good/better parts in the script that were eventually removed due to all the tweaking. Anyway, I'm just glad we'll get at least 2 more from Craig and I pray to God that we actually do get these 2 movies in '14 and '16 respectively.
    I wouldn't mind Q out in the field, it's happened before, as long as he wasn't a big part of the mission/plot itself.

Him being abroard would be fine and him flying somewhere with Bond would probably be pretty funny.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    At this rate, I'd rather Q remain on site in London. Leave Bond alone to get on with his job.
    doubleoego wrote:
    The extra year to make SF work is, overplayed imo.

I very strongly agree with this !