SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Dan Bradley. Though he did the shaky-cam Bourne films, he also did the latest Mission: Impossible and that really worked out well.

He has also done Spider-Man 2 & 3 as well as Superman Returns and Indy IV.

I don't know if you saw the new Red Dawn but it was awful. So I'm not to keen on Bradley getting the job

I didn't but I don't think we have any need to worry as Alexander Witt will most likely be back again. :D

Yes, Witt again please. In CR and Skyfall there isn't one moment where you can't tell what is going on.
    Witt is defiantly the best 2nd Unit action director in the business today. Of course his directing debut was less than stellar (one of the Resident Evil movies). But as of right now I don't see EON promoting from within. At least not for this film
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Does this matter? SF had the Hobbit to contend with and saw it off wih no problem. Is Christopher Nolans name alone really enough to guarantee a hit?

I dont see any problem with a mid October release again which would give Bond 24 three or four weeks to make most of its money.

Does this matter? SF had the Hobbit to contend with and saw it off wih no problem. Is Christopher Nolans name alone really enough to guarantee a hit?

I dont see any problem with a mid October release again which would give Bond 24 three or four weeks to make most of its money.

Bond would destroy Interstellar at the bo.
    Bond is a tested brand and Bond 24 will be coming of the back of SF, the most successful and universally accepted Bond movie of all time, even if the next film isn't a patch on SF as long as it's half decent (a la QOS) it will be a global hit. Nolan is a proven commodity in fanboy circles, but interstellar has no built in audience except those guys, and that's not enough to make a hit. The reason TDK films and Inception made money was the great reviews and word of mouth that made them juggarnaughts, if Instellar is anything less than excellent and get the good word out it won't be that big a challenge to the next Bond at the bo.

Bond 24, according to screenwriter John Logan, is going to explore Bond's emotional side once again.

Judging by Craig's last three films, I don't see how this is news to anyone.

The article: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/09/screenwriter-john-logan-gives-a-bond-24-update
    and the MI6 thread for in depth discussion (if it's really necessary): http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/5984/bond-24-to-explore-bonds-human-side#Item_6
    November 2014 works well. MGM President Gary Barber said depending on how long the timing of filming, Bond 24 will be released in 2014 or 2015. EON are moving along very quickly with hiring a director. Guy Ricthie is on the top of the list to be the director of Bond 24. Also Steven Spielberg, Kathryn Bigelow & Martin Campbell.
    Guy Ricthie is on the top of the list to be the director of Bond 24. Also Steven Spielberg, Kathryn Bigelow & Martin Campbell.

Pray tell by what source you are coming by this information?

Or are you just quoting from the bollocks William Hill article we've all seen already which is plainly just someone at William Hill being asked by a journalist for contenders and giving a list of half a dozen off the top of his head.
    Spielberg, Scorsese and Eastwood for christs sake. I ask you.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Bond 24, according to screenwriter John Logan, is going to explore Bond's emotional side once again.

Judging by Craig's last three films, I don't see how this is news to anyone.

The article: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/09/screenwriter-john-logan-gives-a-bond-24-update
    and the MI6 thread for in depth discussion (if it's really necessary): http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/5984/bond-24-to-explore-bonds-human-side#Item_6

This is very, very, very, very, very, very good news!!!
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 546
    Guy Ricthie is on the top of the list to be the director of Bond 24. Also Steven Spielberg, Kathryn Bigelow & Martin Campbell.

Or are you just quoting from the bollocks William Hill article we've all seen already which is plainly just someone at William Hill being asked by a journalist for contenders and giving a list of half a dozen off the top of his head.

First of all. I get my information from the 007 Dossier website & their accurate with Bond information. I'm not quoting anybody. So just calm down. No need to get snippy Like you always do on threads towards people. What William Hill said is different than what I said.

First of all. I get my information from the 007 Dossier website & their accurate with Bond information. I'm not quoting anybody. So just calm down. No need to get snippy Like you always do on threads towards people. What William Hill said is different than what I said.

No what you said is exactly the same as what William Hill said. They have Ritchie installed as favourite and you state quite unambiguously that 'Ritchie is on the top of the list'. I'm just curious to know where you get your 'facts' from.

Because if your source is also telling you that Spielberg and Bigelow are on that list I suggest you find a new Deepthroat because theres no way thats happening.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 546

No what you said is exactly the same as what William Hill said. They have Ritchie installed as favourite and you state quite unambiguously that 'Ritchie is on the top of the list'. I'm just curious to know where you get your 'facts' from.

Because if your source is also telling you that Spielberg and Bigelow are on that list I suggest you find a new Deepthroat because theres no way thats happening.

No! 'm not qouting William Hill. I didn't read his interview. The source is correct. What's the website going to do? Lie about this information. The website said the Bond producers are considering it? They never said it was confirmed. But it might not happen because he is working on Sherlock Holmes 3.

No! 'm not qouting William Hill. I didn't read his interview. The source is correct. What's the website going to do? Lie about this information. I not going to get into a debate over who's information is correct. The website said rumors? They never said it was confirmed.

You said 'Ritchie is on top of the list'. Thats a statement of fact.
    You should have modified it with something like 'Ritchie is thought to be on top of the list' or 'Ritchie is reportedly on top of the list' if its only rumours - hence my confusion.

I see now that its probably just the same William Hill story recycled.
  • Does anyone know what odds William Hill are giving for Mike Leigh or Ken Loach?
    They must be somewhere on this list....EON should release five directors names every week on youtube....
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 2,015
    One of the latest list available was :
    4/1 Guy Ritchie, 6/1 Martin Campbell, 9/1 Martin Scorsese, 10/1 Steven Spielberg, 20/1 Ang Lee, 25/1 Ridley Scott, 25/1 James Cameron, 33/1 Clint Eastwood, 33/1 Quentin Tarantino, 50/1 Tim Burton.

William Hill has stopped this betting now, though. For those who're in need to have some news, there's a slight possibility it means "someone in the know" (or at least that's what William Hill thinks) had started putting too much money on one of these names :)
    there's a slight possibility it means "someone in the know" (or at least that's what William Hill thinks) had started putting too much money on one of these names :)

Really? I can only see Ritchie and Campbell as being realistic shots at this (and perhaps Ang Lee if Babs has never seen the Hulk) and I would rate both of them at over 10/1. Just cant see it happening. I dont partcularly dislike Ritchie but I thought we were shopping in Waitrose these days not Morrisons?
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 421
    Definite no from me would be Loach or Boyle. (Opinion, not fact ;) ) Left-wing and political. Also forget this rubbish about Danny Boyle and Craig at the Olympics. A 5 min sketch is a whole different ball game to directing a Bond film.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited March 2013 Posts: 4,043

AgentJM7 wrote:
    Definite no from me would be Loach or Boyle. (Opinion, not fact ;) ) Left-wing and political. Also forget this rubbish about Danny Boyle and Craig at the Olympics. A 5 min sketch is a whole different ball game to directing a Bond film.

I don't think anyone was serious about Ken Loach and Danny Boyle I think ruled himself out saying he wouldn't want another big budget film to deal with after his experience with The Beach. As for Richie I can't see it personally I'm not a fan and I think he's not subtle enough and has a distinctive style he'd need to keep in check and I don''t think he's talented enough to keep on the leash, too much slo mo action sequences in the Holmes films for my liking.

I'm thinking Tom Hooper, Joe Wright or maybe even Branagh, I think Babs and Mike will definitely be looking for Oscar calibre for Bond 24, no 21st century John Glen equivalents like Stuart Baird.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Based on an interview I saw from Hooper, I'm now not so sure he's the right man for the job.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    doubleoego wrote:
    Based on an interview I saw from Hooper, I'm now not so sure he's the right man for the job.

Quite a few people said/say the same thing about Sam Mendes, I'm not suggesting I fully back him for the job but he'll most likely be on their short list. Sherlock has shown that Paul McGuigan would be more than competent although he's tied up with a new Frankenstein film and won't be directing any of Sherlock series 3.

I still think David Yates, State of Play showed he's more than competent with thrillers and Potter showed he could work within the studio system and with a big budget and for me produced some of the best films of that series although I'm sure some will disagree.

Danny Boyle has repeated he would not entertain the thought of directing a Bond film, due to the scale of the production.

Do we think he is actually considering it, and just trying to give the usual press runaround or do we think he is being honest?

He claims to not feel comfortable with a budget over 100 Million, but isn't that what MGM and Eon want to hear with all their financial troubles?

Source: http://jamesbondbrasil.com/2013/03/cogitado-para-a-direcao-de-bond-24-danny-boyle-diz-que-nao-aceiteria-a-tarefa/
    Ken Branagh had not occured to me until recently. I doubt it will happen but they could do worse. I thought Thor was silly but entertaining and obviously demonstated Ken's ability to pull of big budget Hollywood fare. If he could combine that with some of his Shakespearean sensibilities we might get an action-packed, character driven movie that's also a lot of fun.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited March 2013 Posts: 12,459
    If Kenneth Branagh really was seriously interested and had the desire to do a Bond film, then I think he could do a great job. He is a talented director as well as actor.
    Isn't Barnagh planning Cinderella for 2014? Remember, if the producers were planning for 2015, they'd still have Mendes.
    I dunno what he's up to but he does seem like an obvious contender. And directors do drop out of projects. Bond's renaissance with DC has turned Bond from a last resting place for has beens to an attractive and career enhancing gig. Babs and MGW must right now be in a position to speak to practically anyone they want - even if they're already theoretically committed to other projects.
    i think it will be Hooper or Morrell

Though if it wound up being Fincher I would be thrilled or Gilroy :D
    Risico007 wrote:

Morell, again, has another film planned. I find him more likely to give it up and go for Bond than Barnagh, BUT the producers need a director NOW. They don't really have the time to convince someone to give up something.. which they've already failed to do once for Bond 24.
    Gilroy has nothing coming up and inspite of its flaws The Bourne Legacy is a decent Action films.
    With a better writer (logan) Gilroy could give us a decent bond film.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

Morell, again, has another film planned. I find him more likely to give it up and go for Bond than Barnagh, BUT the producers need a director NOW. They don't really have the time to convince someone to give up something.. which they've already failed to do once for Bond 24.

I would be extremely happy if it was Morrell :D . But what project is he working on ?
    Don't recall hearing him being engaged.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if Babs dialed up Kathryn Bigelow. I don't think she's busy in the immediate future and she's a damned good director. The only negative I see is that Zero Dark Thirty and The Hurt Locker both, stylistically, reek of Bourne so she'd have to prove she can capture the elegance of the Bond universe, even in the midst of the grit and darkness. Something that Campbell, Mendes, and to an extent, even Forster managed to do.