The Skyfall DVD/Blu Ray-Out now!

Comments

• coolbyrne wrote:
    Just saw a commercial for the DVD release and I couldn't help but squeal a little bit! My birthday is on the 14th, so I've actually had to tell people NOT to buy it for me. Yes, it would save me $ to let a friend buy it, but I knew I'd get about 6 copies if I didn't say anything! (That, and I don't want to wait the extra 2 days. :) )

An interesting note, I can still see Skyfall in at least 6 theatres in the Toronto area, up to and past the DVD release date. Two are in fact showing it up to February 14th!

Happy early birthday (and on Valentines Day, too!).

I'm also in Toronto and I went to see CR one last time in the theatre when it was out on DVD. No comparison between DVD and a theatre; it was great to see it on the big screen one last time. Even on Blu-ray on a 42" screen the picture quality and experience of SF won't be the same...

• RC7RC7
    Sandy wrote:
    Already @RC7 @-)

I have friends in low places.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I can't believe that's the final cover.
  • RC7RC7
    I can't believe that's the final cover.

I don't mind it. The slip case features a matte background and a glossy Dan. They probably could have mixed it up with the actual Blu-Ray box art, but I quite like the slip case.
  • I know the poster artwork was a little unsatisfactory but in retrospect the image screams Bond. I was waiting for the tube once in London and the poster was across the tracks and someone near me looking at the poster said "Wow, that's a powerful image". I realised then that their right, firstly its simplistic which makes it a rather classy design opposed to over-cluttering it with explosions and girls. It's saying 'Bond is back', so whilst slightly generic it works well.

It's amazing you have all ready got hold of the actual physical dvd. Any chance you can reveal any titbits from the extras or commentaries?
  • RC7RC7
    It's amazing you have all ready got hold of the actual physical dvd. Any chance you can reveal any titbits from the extras or commentaries?

I'm in work so haven't had a chance to check it at the moment.

• edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    RC7 wrote:
    Sandy wrote:
    Already @RC7 @-)

I have friends in low places.

And while you get it early the rest of us here (I'm assuming your British because you posted in the football thread) get it late. Lucky git :P ;)

Can't wait for Tuesday. >:D<
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2013 Posts: 4,441
    Some screenshots from American BD release
    http://blushots.weebly.com/skyfall.html
    !! Big SPOILERS!!

My favorite screenshot is number 53 and 56. Now i see it from this view screenshot 56 look like on the moment with Bond walking to us in the QOS mainititle. Screenscot 57 you read the name of Bond parents.

The Dutch Media Mark will have limited Steelbook edition of the movie. Whyle the uk version who not have Dutch subtitle going to be 2 disc set as it look like in that promo spot the Dutch release wil be a 1 disc release. The page of the website said Engels DTS HD MA 5.1, Frans DTS 5.1 and Dutch, English and France subtitels. Possible this means the France release having Dutch subtitels too. Released on the same day as the normal release and dvd, 6 March. Price € 19,00.

There don't get my money because i expect in 2014 a update to 2 disc version and Eon don't release a better version of QOS yet and i also don't have CR.

It can have been more intresting have made it BD/Combopack as in Uk, whyle the limited 3 disc edition of Mi4 have more then 100 minutes of bonus material, 40 minutes more then Skyfall. If you only look to the standard 2 disc BD/Combopack or later single disc release without dvd Skyfall wins.
    Can't wait to get my copies on DVD and Blu Ray! Roll on the 18th!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Does the steelbook contain a DVD disc too?
  • RC7RC7
    I have just sat down with a bottle of Red, and SF in the Blu-Ray player. I wanted to mark this occasion with people who may care, rather than my immediate friends, who probably couldn't care less!
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    So no freebie giveways with the DVD release as before?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RC7 wrote:
    I have just sat down with a bottle of Red, and SF in the Blu-Ray player. I wanted to mark this occasion with people who may care, rather than my immediate friends, who probably couldn't care less!

Enjoy, friend! I'm incredibly jealous.
  • RC7RC7
    Creasy47 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

Enjoy, friend! I'm incredibly jealous.

Thank you, mate. I am indeed enjoying, as is my dog. It looks beautiful on Blu-Ray.

^^ Your dog is a Bond fan? Well done! :D
  • RC7RC7
    Tuulia wrote:

Yeah he loves Bond. He's genuinely sat, fixated on SF at the moment.
    ^^ Sounds lovely. :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RC7 wrote:
    Tuulia wrote:

Does he give it two barks up? ;)
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote:
    Tuulia wrote:

Does he give it two barks up? ;)

He got a bit snappy at the Komodo Dragons, but other than that he's enjoying it.
    Your dog got an excellent taste B-)
    SF is now listed as $19.99 on Amazon and other sites:
    http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Skyfall-Blu-ray/45621/#Review
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    SF is now listed as $19.99 on Amazon and other sites:

Thanks for the heads-up! I haven't preordered it yet.
    No problem, @jackdagger! Neither have I. I figure it will be the same price at Wal-Mart, and it's worth a five minute drive and being spared a day or two long wait time.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 15
    It's only $18.96 at Wal-Mart and $19.99 on amazon, target, best buy.

If you pre-order at Wal-Mart you get and HD download of either CR or QoS.
    @Bondian, really? I had no idea about any of this. I'm guessing all of this information is on Walmart.com?
  • RC7RC7
    Just watching the Blu-Ray again, and I have to say, Deakins photography is genuinely brilliant. I hope they can get him back for 24.
    God I can't wait to get my hands on a copy! It's been far too long since I watched it for the 8th time!
    I just saw that the release in the Netherlands is 6 March.
  • Blu-ray.com loved it! Can't wait for my steelbook...