Feedback and Suggestions

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,350
    In order to keep the forum clutter free, would it be possible to purge or permanently delete locked threads?

This would certainly help clear space and give the boards a cleaner look, something the moderators are always striving for.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Or we could have a search bar that worked so we wouldn't have as many locked threads?

Using google doesn't always work either. I tried that for my deleted scenes thread and that's a duplicate.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,350
    You remember what happened last time we wanted a search bar? ;)

If it's a thread on a recent topic the chances are there is already one, so it's best to search the relevant section. Viewing the forum through the categories view should help with this and make things much easier.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 5,745
    Hey Mods,

Could we possibly get 'Skyfall' added to the 'Best Film' list on the user profile's 00 section? Much appreciated !
  • Give them a chance Mr Westbrook, people are only still watching it on release

Furthermore, while looking through (updated) favorite Bond releases, I don't believe I even saw anyone actually had Skyfall as a #1 release ?

But, Yes, this will surely be implemented soon enough for people to include if they wish
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 5,745
    Give them a chance Mr Westbrook, people are only still watching it on release

Furthermore, while looking through (updated) favorite Bond releases, I don't believe I even saw anyone actually had Skyfall as a #1 release ?

But, Yes, this will surely be implemented soon enough for people to include if they wish

Well I doubt a few Bond films make anyone's #1, but it should still be an option whether everyone has seen it or not.

I'm not rushing them. Take your time. I just was thinking about it.
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    Added as a matter of course, regardless of if we think it'll get any use ;)

Thanks for the alert @JWESTBROOK.
    Does MI6 have something planned for the anniversaries of From Russia With Love, Live And Let Die or Octopussy this year?
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    Yeap!
  • There wasn't one last year for Dr No or even Die Another Day, or 2011 for Diamonds are Forever and For Your Eyes Only in that capacity ?

While we're at it, would it be possible to introduce a 'hide thread' function or even the 'ignore user' preference again if at all ? It'd be mighty appreciated if this could be implemented sometime soon. If people don't wish to use it, fine, but It would be beneficial to some, and it's something I hope can be utilized in the near future if possible. Once again, would be greatly appreciated
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    We're piloting a new Google-powered search box atop our category and discussion screens in place of the forum default search interface.

Feedback welcome!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    MI6 wrote:
    We're piloting a new Google-powered search box atop our category and discussion screens in place of the forum default search interface.

Feedback welcome!

Just tried it out a few times and it seems to work pretty well! Beats having to open another tab and Google search, though I'm sure others are going to complain because "Google search on this site doesn't work," or whatever the latest complaint with it is.

Overall, I've always used Google to find threads on this forum and have had zero problems. This seems to make it even easier. Thank you!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Oh, this search function is brilliant, and very effective!

Thank you so much administrators and mods! ^:)^
    My only question: what is the tiny X button for that is to the immediate right of the search bar? I've clicked it out of curiosity and it results in nothing.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    @Creasy47 put some text in the box, hit search, then hit the 'x'
    JamesPage wrote:
    @Creasy47 put some text in the box, hit search, then hit the 'x'

Very nice, cleans it right up and reverts back to stage one. I like it, guys, I appreciate this being added to the main page. Great work.
    Good work all, this should really help. Thanks.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    "January 4
    just a quick question, every time somebody makes a new post on a thread that I have bookmarked, and I click the thread, it always goes to page 1. I thought it was set up to go the the newest post?"

I posted this at the beginning of the year and it is still happening now...was wondering if you could give me a Sit. Rep.

Any News??
    "January 4
    just a quick question, every time somebody makes a new post on a thread that I have bookmarked, and I click the thread, it always goes to page 1. I thought it was set up to go the the newest post?"

I posted this at the beginning of the year and it is still happening now...was wondering if you could give me a Sit. Rep.

Any News??

It doesn't for me.. if your on a phone and using the mobile site, it may do that for you. You can scroll to the bottom and click 'Full Site' and it should fix the issue.

If your on a computer, make sure your signed in. Also, if you go back a few pages before you close the page the thread is open on, it may save your spot there as well.

But I don't have any issues. I can almost always access a thread the last page I left it on.
    I am on a computer and it always does it. In fact it just did it again as I clicked this thread from my bookmarked pages..it went all the way to page 1.
    I am on a computer and it always does it. In fact it just did it again as I clicked this thread from my bookmarked pages..it went all the way to page 1.

Try clicking it from the home discussion page, not your bookmarked list. I don't bookmark any threads, so all I know is that clicking the links on the homepage works for me.
    clicking on home page works...but not bookmarked. So what the point of bookmarking a page if it won't work?
    clicking on home page works...but not bookmarked. So what the point of bookmarking a page if it won't work?

I just tested it, and it does take me to the original post as well. I guess it's just a feature so you can find the thread if it's not on the home page. Is it really that difficult to click on the most recent page?
    It would be more convenient for it to take me to where I left off, especially if there is like 5 new pages.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Will Location Guides for You Only Live Twice, The Spy Who Loved Me and Skyfall be compiled this year?

Will sticky threads be implemented in a future patch/upgrade? I see other Vanilla forums now have this option.
  • plesae have a ignore button.........or better return to the old style forum
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    We wouldn't need an ignore button if certain IPs could be blocked.
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    There's a number of feature's we want to implement, given the time and the technology available. We have to prioritise them based on their

@WillardWhyte that is one we want to fix and will be looking into, there was a bug in the software that we personally fixed that made the main indexes jump to the right pages. We've been hoping the developers will address that for a while now.

@commanderbond007 - Ignore features don't facilitate coherent discussions. If you're being pestered by someone via PM or on your "wall", contact a moderator about it and we'll get it dealt with. If you just don't want to hear from people in the context of a discussion, don't read their posts.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 you're quite right. We've been selectively banning IP addresses but it is often the case that troublesome users attack us from school or university IPs which (a) change regularly and (b) run the risk of banning swathes of readers or posters.
    edited February 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Any news on sticky threads @MI6?
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    The software has always had, and continues to only have "announcements", which are universal, not sorted by category. This we felt was too unintuitive to put into practice.

Personally, I've not seen a forum similar to ours that supports "sticky" functionality al la phpBB.
This discussion has been closed.