The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

On Her Majesty's Secret Service
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited December 2012 Posts: 5,900
    I'm fairly certain we will get Risico and The Property of a Lady when the title fits the script. I'm not sure of The Hildebrand Rarity but after Quantum of Solace you never know.

I think it's funny that Eon is now so cautious about titles. Part of the charm of TSWLM is the announcement of FYEO.
  • I'd say Risico.

Or one I really like is Shatterhand (the villian can have that name). Even if it's not Shatterhand, I'd like a film named after the villian. We haven't had one of those since Goldfinger.
  • I'd say Risico.

Or one I really like is Shatterhand (the villian can have that name). Even if it's not Shatterhand, I'd like a film named after the villian. We haven't had one of those since Goldfinger.

That's a great idea! It would be cool to have a film named after the villain, and even cooler if they re-introduced Blofeld to the series using his cover name Gunter Shatterhand so that it's sort of a secret until the end that his actual name is Ernst Stavro Blofeld. That would be a great way for Blofeld to be used in a new and unique way as far as the films go, and yet be classic and iconic with respect to the Fleming novels.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    This is a good thread! :-)

A few attempts:

Pacific Shadows
    No Stars From Above
    Hearts Of Glass
    EarthCore

• I'd say Risico.

That's a great idea! It would be cool to have a film named after the villain, and even cooler if they re-introduced Blofeld to the series using his cover name Gunter Shatterhand so that it's sort of a secret until the end that his actual name is Ernst Stavro Blofeld. That would be a great way for Blofeld to be used in a new and unique way as far as the films go, and yet be classic and iconic with respect to the Fleming novels.

I like that idea. I think it's 50/50 now on Blofeld coming back. I could see this two film arc being about him, but I could also see it being nothing to do with him.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Risico would work as a one word follow up to Skyfall.

And as I said before: Skyfall - Ris(e)ico works beautifully.
  • I'd say Risico.

I like that idea. I think it's 50/50 now on Blofeld coming back. I could see this two film arc being about him, but I could also see it being nothing to do with him.

I'm not sure I want to see a two film arc that doesn't at least revolve around Quantum. The best way to do that would be to give Quantum a leader, i.e. Blofeld, to act as a personification of the organization itself and thus offer a singular archenemy for Bond to focus on over two films.
    Risico

If not Risico then a film named after a villain as @thelivingroyale said
    Gamble with Death
    The Serpents Tooth
    Lion-Tamer
    Risico
    Hawkeye
    To the end of the World
    Sunstrike

I like those.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 11,425
    Never Die Enough Tomorrow Again or some variation on that theme.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Could you guys stop with these ironic and attempts of laughable titles and try something serious? :-L
    An unused Fleming title would be good again!
    - Risico
    - For Queen and Country
    - Dreadnought
    - A Whisper of Hate
    - The Property of a Lady
  • Again, in Bond 24 I’d like to see the movie seize the mood of M’s speech in Skyfall where she talks about 'the shadows' because I think it's an important metaphor for the type of world Bond lives in, and where his enemies come from. This is why I think that 'shadow' should be worked into the title in some way. Here's a list of some of the titles I thought up off the top of my head:

The Man in the Shadows
    Day of the Shadow
    The Shadow Men
    Shadow-man
    Night-shadow
    Ice-shadow
    Shadow-fire
    Fire in the Shadows
    Eye of the Shadow
    Into the Shadows
    Shadows Never Fade
    Never Fear the Shadows
    Shadows in Daylight

Shadows in Daylight caught my eye from your list.
    Golden Rationale
  • Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    I'm terrible with titles, the only ones I can come up with are Risico, Shatterhand, or some of DAD's working titles (Beneath/Beyond the Ice, Juggernaut, and even a Gardner throwback, Nobody Lives Forever. That last one would work if they reintroduce Blofeld at some point and it's the final film in a saga, or a similar super villain).
    Risico
    The Property of a Lady
    Smiert Spionam
    Valley of Shadows
    Zero Minus
    Never Send Flowers
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 5,745
    Due Consideration
    All Things To All Men
    Annus Mirabulus (Great Year)
    Cold Charity
    Cut And Run
    Grey Eminence
    Hatchet Man / Hatchet Job
    Hell For Leather
    Hue And Cry
    Hell's Chance
    Palace In The Sun
    Fourth Degree
    Wages of Sin
    One Red Cent
    Hand To Mouth
    In Warm Blood

I think I'm dizzy from thinking so hard.

Oh and I'm happy with any of these:
    MrBrown wrote:
    Risico
    The Property of a Lady
    Smiert Spionam
    Valley of Shadows
    Zero Minus
    Never Send Flowers

• Aziz_FekkeshAziz_Fekkesh Royale-les-Eaux
    Oh also thought of Hell's Delight, from the OHMSS novel.
  • As someone mentioned here or another forum I had looked through, there are not many short story titles left but the unused title for the "live & let die" novel to me stands out as a good one "the undertaker's wind" though it sounds a bit like death is passing gas
  • Again, in Bond 24 I’d like to see the movie seize the mood of M’s speech in Skyfall where she talks about 'the shadows' because I think it's an important metaphor for the type of world Bond lives in, and where his enemies come from. This is why I think that 'shadow' should be worked into the title in some way. Here's a list of some of the titles I thought up off the top of my head:

The Man in the Shadows
    Day of the Shadow
    The Shadow Men
    Shadow-man
    Night-shadow
    Ice-shadow
    Shadow-fire
    Fire in the Shadows
    Eye of the Shadow
    Into the Shadows
    Shadows Never Fade
    Never Fear the Shadows
    Shadows in Daylight

If it deals with the head of Quantum I think "eye of the shadow" works well. Kinda the center of Quantum like eye of the hurricane which would make sense if they introduce a "Blofeld" type head figure
    Hawthorne.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Quantum Quashed.
  • Quest for Terror
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    One I had in mind for Bond 25 (last Craig? :(( ) was Quantum Disbanded.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I keep thinking how close the ending of Craig's tenure is. Such a sad thought!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Provocateur (however it's spelled)

• Creasy47 wrote:

I keep thinking how close the ending of Craig's tenure is. Such a sad thought!

I keep trying to convince myself he'll always play Bond. Though I was disappointed that he said in Rolling Stones that he's ready to end it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Hayes004, aren't those the same comments that were completely taken out of context? Because all I've ever heard throughout Craig's tenure was that he loves the role - though I'm sure he isn't crazy about the publicity - and is always eager to do the next movie.