The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• @Creasy47 I'm not positive. I'd rather believe you, but I've read several things saying he "wanted out as soon as he got in." But if they were taken out of context then that makes me happy since he's my favorite. I'll look into this more.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Hayes004 wrote:
    @Creasy47 I'm not positive. I'd rather believe you, but I've read several things saying he "wanted out as soon as he got in." But if they were taken out of context then that makes me happy since he's my favorite. I'll look into this more.

Trust me, that's magazines twisting words to sell copies, which happens to Dan a lot. He is also a joker. He truly loves the role and has a deep involvement in it, more than any Bond before him. He gets in close with the director (who he also has to approve of), MGW and Babs to figure out where the film is going, what is needed of him, what the story will be, who will be cast and more. That isn't the mark of a man who hates the role. That's the sign of commitment stemming from a very proud actor in what he has accomplished in a role.
  • To Do or Die!
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 42
    I've always though that Shatterhand would make a fantastic title, with a definite 60's vibe, reminiscent of Goldfinger and Thunderball.

Of Gardner's titles, Icebreaker is my favourite, as it also has that Connery-era ring to it.

I also like A Whisper of Hate (as mentioned by @Agent005), with its link to Fleming. Or how about The Coldest Blood (lifted from the lyrics of You Know My Name)?
  • I'd love for them to use the final few Fleming story titles. I never cared much the chapter titles, to me they sound too cheesy, like titles for second-rate hard-boiled detective stories from the 1930s. Am I correct in remembering that Fleming didn't choose the chapter titles?

I thing that Risico is the best title left, but I could very much see Property of a Lady working. In fact I thought they would use it for QoS, and that it would refer to a possession of Vesper's, or the fact that Bond was still affected by his feelings for her. Given how much popularity Craig has with the ladies it could be a fun marketing opportunity - instead of saying "Daniel Craig is James Bond" the could say "Daniel Craig is The Property of a Lady". Nice, wink-y tag line if the next film is lighter in tone, and I know a lot of women who wish they would be that lady!

I do think that the Hildebrand Rarity could work, although in a different context. Have the leading lady have the family name of Hildebrand but there's something special and unexpected about her.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The lead female having a starring role with a lot of background information would be a nice change, especially if Bond meets her during the course of the story and takes a liking to her.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Agree, Samuel001. The films tend to alternate between "love interest dominant" and "villain dominant." TSWLM, FYEO, TLD, CR are examples of the former; TMWTGG, LTK, SF the latter.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 42
    Cannot understand the appeal of The Property of a Lady (or The Hildebrand Rarity, for that matter) - they're both too much of a mouthful, and sound more like Merchant & Ivory period pieces than 21st century spy thrillers.

Just because they're Fleming titles doesn't mean they have to be used - I'd much rather see EON come up with something original - or, as with something like Shatterhand, with a link to Fleming - than try and shoehorn elements into the film so as to make the title 'fit'.

But I do agree that Risico could work, very easily.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    A Quantum or SPECTRE story, where Bond battles the group's leader, titled: All the World's a Stage.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    I'd like to suggest to try something different from 'kill' or 'die' in every title.

Haywire
    The Kiss From A Rose
    A War in the Peace
  • Deadline
    The Last Request
    Wish On A Prayer

Here's something fun in the spirit of wishing.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Okay, stop the presses. I have found the perfect, undisputed title for the next Bond film. No need to post anymore, folks.

Daniel Craig is James Bond 007 in...

Wave-Link. :P
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 129
    I like "Property of a Lady", have the leader of Quantum be a women who seduces Bond & uses him for her own nefarious ends without his knowledge.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Okay, stop the presses. I have found the perfect, undisputed title for the next Bond film. No need to post anymore, folks.

Daniel Craig is James Bond 007 in...

Wave-Link. :P

fuckthatshit.png

Stop it, buds! we found our B24 title.

LOL-4.png
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited December 2012 Posts: 13,866
    The Property Of A Lady
    Risico
    The Hilderbrand Rarity
    Permission To Die
    Serpent's Tooth
    Colonel Sun
    Licence Renewed
    For Special Services
    Icebreaker
    Role Of Honour
    High Time To Kill
    Never Dream Of Dying

And one of my own creation (which it just so happens that i've already made a cast list for):
    <a href=http://www.listal.com/list/symphony-of-the-damned>Symphony Of The Damned</a>
    Risico Valley of Shadows The Property of a lady The Hildebrand Rarity or Loss of Blood..I guess I alaways liked The Seventh Stranger which was rumored for Quantum of Solace at one point.
  • Echo of tears.
    Hand Of Blood.
    Canis Canem Edit (latin for "Dog Eat Dog"). A nod to the world of espionage.
    Canis Canem Edit (latin for "Dog Eat Dog"). A nod to the world of espionage.

When I'm thinking of titles, I look for things in latin like 'Kiss of Death' etc. but most of it makes me think that a hard-to-pronounce what's-the-meaning will throw off the average movie goer (unfortunately).
  • To Lust, Dishonour and Disobey.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 12,833
    I've always though that Shatterhand would make a fantastic title, with a definite 60's vibe, reminiscent of Goldfinger and Thunderball.

They keep going on about wanting to get the 60s feeling back, and the end of SF set up a more classic style Bond film perfectly.

So I think Shatterhand is definetly the best title, it really gives me a Goldfinger/Dr No vibe. If not that, I'd say go with Risico or an original title.

Property Of a Lady could be good, if they made it mean something in the film (I agree with you @thelordflasheart, that would've been a good title for Quantum Of Solace).

I'm not a fan of the Hildebrand Rarity. I think Bond film titles need to roll of the tongue well and that just doesn't. I know it was a Fleming title, but I don't think it sounds great or even sounds like a Bond title.

Imo using the Hildebrand Rarity would just be like Quantum Of Solace, a Fleming title just for the sake of a Fleming title. Just because it's Fleming, I don't think that automatically makes it good.
  • J'ai une âme solitaire.
    Scorpius
    Brokenclaw

Maybe it's just time to bring back the tradition of a villain named film, like Goldfinger or Dr. No...
  • Rossi wrote:
    Scorpius
    Brokenclaw

Maybe it's just time to bring back the tradition of a villain named film, like Goldfinger or Dr. No...

Are they from the continuation books (I haven't read them)? Brokenclaw sounds familiar.

I definetly think a villian named film would make the best title.
  • DB5DB5
    Agent005 wrote:
    - Risico
    - For Queen and Country
    - Dreadnought
    - A Whisper of Hate
    - The Property of a Lady

Yeah, I like "For Queen and Country" the line Bond uses in the film version of "Thunderball" after having sex with Fiona Volpe. After that the Fleming short story titles "Risico," "The Property of a Lady" and "The Hildebrand Rarity."

If we do a name not from literature, how about:

Amador
    Baboso
    Titanus
    Fibus Dubius (Certain Uncertainty)

I dunno. I don't like the 'title is a name' idea.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Belly Lick! :))
  • Bond 24 needs to return to the Golden Age of 007. The title needs to be very FLEMING. The Bond girls need to survive the entire movie, but maybe one can die perhaps. The Aston Martin DB5 is driven around London looking re-furnished with a new engine. The opening sequence needs to be separate from the whole movie, as well as being utterly memorable. Bond flirts with Moneypenny. Q returns with more memorable lines of his own. The villain needs to have a personal view on the world. The plot needs to involve World War 3, because everyone is curious on that subject. Bond is sent on an espionage mission to prevent WWIII. Thrilling sequences brilliant dialogue etc. The movie needs to have the cinematography of SKYFALL with Sam Mendes directing. It needs to have the same epic feeling of SKYFALL but with shaken and stirred with a feeling of Connery.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    007 in New York
    Risico
    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
    Never Send Flowers
    Eyes Set To Kill