The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• echoecho 007 in New York
    edited December 2012 Posts: 5,899
    Bond is sent on an espionage mission to prevent WWIII.

I don't think people are generally worried about WWIII anymore, like they were during the Cold War. The pockets of terrorism and the nuclear theft implications are more current.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    M_Balje wrote:
    Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Don't we have one of those?
    As always I rather one of Fleming's unused names (The Property of a Lady, Risico or The Hildebrand Rarity), but must important is to have a true relation between title and the plot, otherwise is a waste (that's what I think partially of QOS).
    Thicker Than Water
    Black Plague
    Uncertain Comforts
    In Bad Company
    Company One Keeps
    Danger In Delay
    The Devil You Know
    Born To Die (Just don't use the bloody song)
    Justice Denied
    Sins of Omission
    Fire Into The Brown

Meh.
    Since each chapter in a Bond novel is titled, there ought to be no shortage of possibilities.
    CrabKey wrote:
    Since each chapter in a Bond novel is titled, there ought to be no shortage of possibilities.

I got a few from the first three books. My favorite being 'The Silver Phantom' from LALD. I also liked 'Zero Minus' and 'Zero Plus' from Moonraker
    A few Fleming supposedly considered:

Shamelady
    My Enemy's Enemy
    The Writing On My Heart
    Death Is So Permanent
    Doomslayer
    The Undertaker's Wind
    The Infernal Machine
    The Inhuman Element
    Wide Of The Mark
    Out of Clear Sky
    House Of Diamonds
    The Wound Man
    The Rough With The Smooth
    Death Leaves An Echo
    The Belles Of Hell
    The Fabulous Pay-Off

A few he considered that I didn't find good:
    Mondays Are Hell (Became Moonraker)
    Hell Is Here (Became Moonraker)
    Too Hot To Handle (Became Moonraker)

Some quotes from the films that would make nice titles:
    Enjoying Death
    The Two Survivors
    To Hell With Dignity
    Provocateur
    Heaven Forbid
    The Old Game
    No Substitute For Experience
    Licensed Troubleshooter

On a less serious note, I'd love to see them use the title 'Birds of the West Indies".
    All the time in the world
  • Live Today Die Tomorrow
  • MrMendel wrote:
    Live Today Die Tomorrow

better: Live Today Die Tomorrow Forever Only Twice
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I am sick of titles with die or a derivative of the word in the titles. Hopefully we get a fresher title than those in the future.
    Knight and Death

or

Night and Death
    Checkmate
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Hellgate
  • The Serpent's Kiss
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    The Serpent's Kiss

Nice one!!
    Avant Guard

A play on avant-garde, meaning application of new techniques in a specific field. Changed to Guard, well, because Bond is the guy that wears one of those fluffy black hats, right? ;)
    Pari de la Vie

"Gamble of life"

Has a good rhyme to it.
    If Quen Elizabeth is still alive: The Property of a Lady.
    Ludovico wrote:

Well then, I'm sure this'll actually happen considering her life span is probably somewhere between 200 more years and 300.
    Once Upon a Spy
    Risico007 wrote:
    Once Upon a Spy

This. It worked for Skyfall's story though because it was westernish. Still a cool title.
    Ludovico wrote:

Well then, I'm sure this'll actually happen considering her life span is probably somewhere between 200 more years and 300.

Since you never know what can strikes her with old age, I think Bond 24 should be called The Property of a Lady. I can see it in the lines of a villain: "I am my own master Mr Bond, but you are nothing more than a trinket, the property of a lady". Or something of the sort.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Property of a Lady is cool and a good title; would need a villainess to make it complete I think. I still like "provocateur" because I love the way Craig said it and it goes right along with being an agent ... yet it may be too much like the word "quantum" - meaning too unclear, to be good in a title.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited January 2013 Posts: 40,285
    I just want a good title that doesn't create hundreds of headlines questioning why they chose it, or what it even means in a definition.

See: 'Quantum of Solace.'

Questioning 'Skyfall' was cool because it did have a hidden meaning behind it, but when 'Quantum of Solace' was chosen as Dan's second film, everyone was wondering what the words 'quantum' and 'solace' meant, somehow.
  • Bond titles need to be memorable but it needs to roll of the tongue.

Quantum Of Solace doesn't do that. I think it's the worst title of the series, and I know, it's Fleming, but I don't think Fleming always equals good, at least when it comes to titles. I'm not sure why they didn't call QOS Property Of A Lady. It would've fit well.

The Hilderbrand rarity has the same problem. My vote goes to Shatterhand (or another villian named title), or Risico. I wouldn't mind Property Of A Lady or a good original title either.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'Shatterhand' and 'Risico' are both wonderful titles. I can see them using the latter for the next one, but if the story is based around something big again such as 'Skyfall,' then we will receive an original title, I'm sure.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Bond titles need to be memorable but it needs to roll of the tongue.

Quantum Of Solace doesn't do that. I think it's the worst title of the series, and I know, it's Fleming, but I don't think Fleming always equals good, at least when it comes to titles. I'm not sure why they didn't call QOS Property Of A Lady. It would've fit well.

The Hilderbrand rarity has the same problem. My vote goes to Shatterhand (or another villian named title), or Risico. I wouldn't mind Property Of A Lady or a good original title either.

And my first thought was, but have they ever named the title after a villain? Oops, there are Dr. No and Goldfinger staring at me now. Ha! Shatterhand is cool. Who knows what the scriptwriters are up to? Maybe they have a new villain's name they are dangling with, for the title. I do think the title should be easy to say and remember and to get some sort of feeling for. Quantum of Solace is the worst title by far. Skyfall was easy and interesting; immediately thought of "the sky is falling" which means a calamity. So not a bad title.

• You know a film title is bad when your dad thinks "solace" refers to solar power...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    You know a film title is bad when your dad thinks "solace" refers to solar power...

QoS is a great title that actually refers to something very crucial in the film. If it isn't understood then one must simply have aforementioned knowledge of it or get a dictionary. I like titles that necessitate some eloquence in diction to understand.