The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• As long as the title doesn't contain the words "kill", "die", "death" or "dying", then I'm happy.

You know, Risico could work as a title, especially if the villain of the next piece is named that. Could work as a last name.

Seeing as how I haven't read any of the books, yet, what exactly does Risico mean?

In the short story the character of Columbo has a slightly pigden-written accent. When he tells Bond "In this business there is much risk" it's written "In this pizness is much risico".

Fleming did love to add "colour" by trying to approximate mispronounciations...

I actually can't see why people would want a mispronounced word as the title of the next movie. Makes more sense to just call it "Risk". That's like Skyfall being called "Sryfaull".
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    As long as the title doesn't contain the words "kill", "die", "death" or "dying", then I'm happy.

You know, Risico could work as a title, especially if the villain of the next piece is named that. Could work as a last name.

Seeing as how I haven't read any of the books, yet, what exactly does Risico mean?

In the short story the character of Columbo has a slightly pigden-written accent. When he tells Bond "In this business there is much risk" it's written "In this pizness is much risico".

I actually can't see why people would want a mispronounced word as the title of the next movie. Makes more sense to just call it "Risk". That's like Skyfall being called "Sryfaull".

But Risico is much cooler and has an air of mystery to it.
  • As long as the title doesn't contain the words "kill", "die", "death" or "dying", then I'm happy.

But Risico is much cooler and has an air of mystery to it.

If you don't know what it's supposed to mean, sure. I was actually pushing it to be the next title. But now it's just silly.
  • AliAli
    Quantum Leap....
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 501
    If a Fleming title is to be used:
    Risico
    If not, I quite like Only A Woman or Smoke Alarm...
    I know I'm rubbish at inventing titles, but the story is what matters, and without story in mind it's hard to invent a title
  • I'm writing my plot of Bond 24/25. Titles are Element of Spies/A Man with Mercy
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    How about My Little Finger?
    Risico sounds like a top secret operation. I think it would work great! It sounds much better than Operation Grand Slam or the Tierra Project.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The one word title of Skyfall really worked well. Risico would be just as good. A great follow up.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    The one word title of Skyfall really worked well. Risico would be just as good. A great follow up.

Another one-world title directly after Skyfall? I prefer The Property of a Lady for Bond 24 and then Risico in 25.
  • Strawberry Jam
    0013 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Another one-world title directly after Skyfall? I prefer The Property of a Lady for Bond 24 and then Risico in 25.

Goldfinger and Thunderball were back to back. And I personally think Property of a Lady is a TERRIBLE title.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Quite. If they want to capitalise on the success after the Quantum Of Solace title confusion there are much worse ideas.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Risico is a great title and I wish I'll see the day when it reaches the screen. It has all the elements I tend to like in a Bond title, it is slightly exotic yet european sounding, it immediately brings an aura of mystery into equation. One of the most perfect Fleming titles, I wonder why it is yet to be used.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Thank You For Dying
    A Kiss For A Kill
    Perchance To Die
    Crimson Snow

Less generic ones:
    My Enemy's Enemy
    The Worry of Tomorrow
    Once Upon A Spy
    River Ran Dead
    The Moguls of Death
    Horizons of Agony
    The Last Trick
    The Invisible Factor
    The Shadower
    Left For Hell
    Guardians of Six
    Tears of a Sparrow
    Forever, For Now

I like Forever, For Now, but of all these titles, I think The Shadower (from Thunderball I believe) is the best. Especially if Bond 24 is Craig's TB.
    What if it were turned into a cool acronym? R.I.S.I.C.O.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Quite. If they want to capitalise on the success after the Quantum Of Solace title confusion there are much worse ideas.

Like The Hindebrand Rarity, though is one of my favorite short stories.
    Quantum07 wrote:
    What if it were turned into a cool acronym? R.I.S.I.C.O.

Revolutionary International Social Intervention Corporation.
    R.I.S.I.C.O. -- Regency for International Surveillance, Intelligence, and Communications Outpost.

Its a Quantum-operated, top secret intelligence facility that Quantum uses to hack into the databases of the world's top intelligence agencies. I could see it based partly on Australia's Pine Gap facility, only more underground:

PineGap-sign.jpg
    thegap.jpg
    Bloodstone... what a nice title! Very Thunderball-esque & strong. Doesn't have to be a videogame adaptation, only use the bloody title! It's awesome! :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Rossi wrote:
    Bloodstone... what a nice title! Very Thunderball-esque & strong. Doesn't have to be a videogame adaptation, only use the bloody title! It's awesome! :)

It's okay, but unlike Thunderball, it has absolutely nothing to do with the story of the game. Maybe it is a weak wink to Nicole, but if so I am not moved by the title in any way shape or form.
  • Data_ThiefData_Thief Banned
    edited January 2013 Posts: 75
    Breath of a Shadow

Change of Appearance

Breath from a Shadow

Always Say Hello

No More Secrets

No More Leisure

One Day Late

Aspects Found

The Cynosure Interview
  • PierceuhhhPierceuhhh Banned
    i so we use Fleming chapter title... Risico is horrible it mean nothing it meaningless...

Shatterhand
    Blood and Thunder
    Dragon Spoor
    The Last and the Biggest
    Crime de la Crime
    Hell's Delight etc
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Pierceuhhh wrote:
    i so we use Fleming chapter title... Risico is horrible it mean nothing it meaningless...

Shatterhand
    Blood and Thunder
    Dragon Spoor
    The Last and the Biggest
    Crime de la Crime
    Hell's Delight etc
    I wonder if EON are open to using Fleming chapter titles? There are many greats out there.
    What I fail to understand is. Why was Bonds homesetad on Skyfall not named Shatterhand instead. It sound better and also is one word and start with an S so I say WHY NOT???? It also from Fleming.
  • Pierceuhhh wrote:
    What I fail to understand is. Why was Bonds homesetad on Skyfall not named Shatterhand instead. It sound better and also is one word and start with an S so I say WHY NOT???? It also from Fleming.

A house named Skyfall is stupid enough, but Shatterhand? That's just silly.
    Pierceuhhh wrote:

"Hey guys, want to come to my house? It's named Shatterhand!"

Yeah, I'd pass on that, no thanks. That name just sounds degraded and painful and wretched. Skyfall has a sort of idyllic quality to it, like a utopia in the clouds. And it is a great foil to Bond and his haunting and dark childhood/past that he makes an effort to hide.

Or...something like that.
    A Bond title should no be idylic... should be bold... sassy...
  • Shatterhand sounds pretty awesome, but for some reason I always picture Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget when I hear it.
    Pierceuhhh wrote:
    A Bond title should no be idylic... should be bold... sassy...
    Well that's neither, and that notion is quite cliché. How about ironicy?