The name's 25. Bond 25, or rather, it's NTTD.

Comments

• edited January 2013 Posts: 5,745
    I took Skyfall to symbolize the house sitting in a valley that collects fog like in the film; the clouds in the sky were falling.
  • I like the idea of taking chapter titles, or quotes from the books for titles. I'm currently reading Live and Led Die and this quote stood out for me: "Those who deserve to die, die the death they deserve". I really like this. I though maybe a few title variations could be gleaned from this:

Those Who Deserve to Die

The Death They Deserve

Die The Death They Deserve

Those Who Deserve Death
  • Saw this picture of Dan and came up with the next Bond tagline:

<center>"HI! My name is... What?
    My name is... Who???
    My name is... [record scratches] James Bond"

Daniel+Craig+Spotted+Outside+London+Home+Rbgw_Xz2drWl.jpg</center>

lolguy.png
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I like the idea of taking chapter titles, or quotes from the books for titles. I'm currently reading Live and Led Die and this quote stood out for me: "Those who deserve to die, die the death they deserve". I really like this. I though maybe a few title variations could be gleaned from this:

Live and Led Die? I've never heard of this.
  • mdo007mdo007 Katy, Texas
    My suggestions-
    some sound very cliched...

Special Symptoms Only "Mr. Bond, you have venereal disease" "Bloody hell!"

My thoughts are bolded.

haha, LOL. I've always wondered how Bond was able to do it with the ladies without getting infected, because you don't know how many men these Bond girls in the novel could've had "bedtime funtime".

Strawberry Jam

Barb, Mike; we've got it.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    mdo007 wrote:
    My suggestions-

My thoughts are bolded.

haha, LOL. I've always wondered how Bond was able to do it with the ladies without getting infected, because you don't know how many men these Bond girls in the novel could've had "bedtime funtime".
    Especially Severine.
    mdo007 wrote:
    My suggestions-

My thoughts are bolded.

Especially Severine.

I wondered, does Bond get himself check out for STD everytime he does it with a girl. Because HIV and Syphilis are no joking matter.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    mdo007 wrote:
    mdo007 wrote:
    My suggestions-

My thoughts are bolded.

Especially Severine.

I wondered, does Bond get himself check out for STD everytime he does it with a girl. Because HIV and Syphilis are no joking matter.

Well, in the world of Bond, they've probably developed those anti-STD medications that Quagmire used in the Family Guy episode "Road to the Multiverse".
    Pierceuhhh wrote:
    What I fail to understand is. Why was Bonds homesetad on Skyfall not named Shatterhand instead. It sound better and also is one word and start with an S so I say WHY NOT???? It also from Fleming.

"Hey guys, want to come to my house? It's named Shatterhand!"

Yeah, I'd pass on that, no thanks. That name just sounds degraded and painful and wretched. Skyfall has a sort of idyllic quality to it, like a utopia in the clouds. And it is a great foil to Bond and his haunting and dark childhood/past that he makes an effort to hide.

Or...something like that.

And Skyfall is fitting for a Scottish house. Shatterhand would be more like a derogatory nickname for the villain, like Scarface for Capone.
    I'm a fan of Risico, but I don't know about Property of a Lady or The Hildebrand Rarity as titles.

I also like using Agent Under Fire (although I never played the game) or For Queen and Country (generic titles like that have worked before: OHMSS and FYEO).

Also, I was watching a few episodes of Star Trek (nerdy, I know), and there are some good titles that are ambiguous enough to work as a title I think and not instantly recognizable as a Star Trek title.

The Devil in the Dark
    Errand of Mercy
    The Alternative Factor
    The Immunity Syndrome
    A Private Little War
    Patterns of Force
    Wink of an Eye
    That Which Survives
    Spectre of the Gun - actual title
    The Trouble with Tribbles - just kidding
    fun naming bond 24 without knowing what the movies is about.
    Sword
    A cold day to die
    Mr glass
    For queen and country
    Diamondback
    Silver

• ChristartosChristartos Banned
    My ideas for the new movie name:

James Bond, Bond, James Bond

more coming soon.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    A touch of ears
    Touch your ear no more
    The ear touched by a goldfinger

Those Who Deserve to Die

The Death They Deserve

Die The Death They Deserve

Those Who Deserve Death

Hmm I like these titles I sense a paradigm shift in Bond films - a taste of death/more dark. i think the audience wants to see the dark side of Bond and these titles reflect that. They deliver.

I really like some of the Gardner titles
    Scorpius
    Brokenclaw
    Nobody Lives Forever
  • renno61 wrote:
    f
    A cold day to die

I really love this one! Though it won't happen now with 'A Good Day to Die Hard'

Is Brokenclaw not just a shameful rip off of Shatterhand?

I mean seriously, you could call both Disabledappendage.

I think someone got lazy..
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited January 2013 Posts: 28,694
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Not as lazy as having "Kill" or a derivative of "Death/Die" in too many Bond titles. Now THAT is unoriginal.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Not as lazy as having "Kill" or a derivative of "Death/Die" in too many Bond titles. Now THAT is unoriginal.

Which came first, Shatterhand or Brokenclaw. Obviously one copied the other. Like, you could take it to court as evidence-obvious.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

and why does it matter if Brokenclaw is a rip-off of Shatterhand? Well at least it'll give more title opporunity for future Bond film titles.

mdo007 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

and why does it matter if Brokenclaw is a rip-off of Shatterhand? Well at least it'll give more title opporunity for future Bond film titles.

Because he was paid to be original? Why are you trying to make this an argument?

If someone pays you to create an original story with original characters, and you steal ideas from another story.. that's alright?

Why would you accept that? Who are you trying to defend? What purpose do you have starting an argument?

JWESTBROOK wrote:
    mdo007 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Because he was paid to be original? Why are you trying to make this an argument?

If someone pays you to create an original story with original characters, and you steal ideas from another story.. that's alright?

Why would you accept that? Who are you trying to defend? What purpose do you have starting an argument?

Well Gardner did say that Brokenclaw was his least favorite novel when he wrote it, the character did sound kinda stupid and the plot was just idiotic for a Bond novel. If Brokenclaw does get a film adaptation, I prefer if it's a name of a bad guy plan not the name of the character. But to me, I don't care if the name Brokenclaw is a rip off of Shatterhand, I've seen stupider Bond titles or titles that don't make any sense:

Zero Minus Ten (what does that title mean, and how does it involve Hong Kong)

The Man from Barbarossa

For Fleming's sake, are we really spiting at each other over two kind of similar but kind of not freaking titles?! Given me a break.
    For Fleming's sake, are we really spiting at each other over two kind of similar but kind of not freaking titles?! Given me a break.

It's hard to pass up an opportunity to argue with someone who has nothing to defend.

Apologies, perhaps I'm too cavalier.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 259
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

It's hard to pass up an opportunity to argue with someone who has nothing to defend.

Apologies, perhaps I'm too cavalier.

Well you're not givin good reason why Brokenclaw sound like a rip-off Shatterhand, last time I check Shatterhand is an alias Blofeld used and Brokenclaw is the name of a villain who isn't anything like Blofeld, and the difference, Brokenclaw is a lame villain. Also as I said, I've seen Bond novel that has a lame titles (or titiles that don't make any sense).
    edited January 2013 Posts: 114
    I have always wondered why are there titles like A View to A Kill that doesn't make sense.

Anyway I'm going to way-in on this Shatterhand - Brokenclaw fiasco. Since when did you learn that these are appropriate bond films titles? They make no sense to me. You need something like Die another Day and Tomorrow Never Dies because they have an edge and a double meaning to excite the fans - make you think.
    I have always wondered why are there titles like A View to A Kill that doesn't make sense.

Anyway I'm going to way-in on this Shatterhand - Brokenclaw fiasco. Since when did you learn that these are appropriate bond films titles? They make no sense to me. You need something like Die another Day and Tomorrow Never Dies because they have an edge and a double meaning to excite the fans - make you think.

As I said, any titles with "Kill" or "Death/Die/Dies" in it is everything but exciting. I think we can get original and think up scores of better and more fitting titles for the films.
  • Data_ThiefData_Thief Banned
    Regrets No More

A Monarch's Kiss

The Iodine Orchard

Services at Hand

The Alameda Orchard

Subscriptions to Death

The Bahia Minute

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 13,877
    Just for fun:

James Bond Returns
    Report for Duty
    Chasing Spies
    Queen and Country
    And on a more serious note:

Quantum of Revelation (Bond gets a lead to the whereabouts of Quantum HQ)
    City of Golden Dreams (a real nickname for New York- aka 007 in New York. Points for the return of the word 'gold/en' in the title)
    Licence Renewed (Bond is officially cleared for duty after the events of Skyfall- he passes all his tests)
    Hildebrand (drop the words 'The' and 'Rarity' from the title)