007 Legends Announced

Comments

• "One mission will test him like no other.... but that part we actually cut out!"
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Just Istanbul and Shanghai are featured. Somehow Activision will squeeze three levels out of them.
  • I'm thinking 2 levels in Istanbul, one on foot, one driving, then 1 in Shanghai.
    Creating Silva's Island or Skyfall was just too much!
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 107
    I just replayed it to record the music...wahhh it´s so bloody awful. You have to follow Teresa on skis and that´s hardly doable. Hit one tree and she´s gone...absolutely ridiculous gameplay and handling. Hands off that game everyone!!

Remember the ski sequence in TWINE for N64 - it way surpasses 007 Legends...and TWINE was in 1999!
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Activision are just awful.

People actually prefer what they're doing to what EA did?

Activision are just awful.

People actually prefer what they're doing to what EA did?

Do we need to point out how bad From Russia with love is

"hmmm how shoukld we end this game like the film a nice fight scene"

"Nah let throw in a zombie Red Grand and a Giant Octopus!"\

"PERFECT"

Really?
    I have it and the graphics are not great but it is a pretty fun game...got to admit.
  • FRWL butchered one film, Legends has butchered 6.

And EA made Nightfire and Everything Or Nothing so I can let them off.

The best two games Activision has made are QOS and Bloodstone. QOS was a fun but generic FPS that threw in tons of not needed action scenes, Bloodstone was a cool 3rd person game with a stupid story.

After 4 years EA gave us Agent Underfire. After 4 years Activision have given us 007 Legends. No contest imo.
  • oo7oo7
    ea released nightfire...eurocom developed it....and reloaded....and legends....
  • This is just the biggest cash-in of the Bond game history - screwing people for money is an offence IMO [-(
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I'm kinda glad they're not including the Skyfall Lodge as a mission. I couldnt bear doing one of those crappy "hand to hand combat fights" with Silva. Urgh.
  • oo7oo7
    Is anyone else thinking this will end with you killing patrice and then in a months time the final slivas island, london chase and skyfall lodge might be included in a further dlc?
    oo7 wrote:
    Is anyone else thinking this will end with you killing patrice and then in a months time the final slivas island, london chase and skyfall lodge might be included in a further dlc?

I doubt it. I suspect Activision knows the game stinks and will want to cut and run as quickly as possible.
  • oo7oo7
    Skyfall dlc is out on the uk psn
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 2,107
    So the game doesn't update itself automatically? Damn... I got online working for ps3 just in time, but after the first day, I could access psn store for some reason or another. Well, this seems to be a miss for me after all....

edit: Yep, still cant. It freezes my ps3....
  • oo7 wrote:
    ea released nightfire...eurocom developed it....and reloaded....and legends....

But EA obviously gave them more time or money to develop Nightfire so more effort went into it.

Either that, or Eurocom have lost their touch.
    oo7 wrote:

I think it'll end with Patrice dying, not sure they'll release anymore DLC.
    It's 100kb in size.... so it's already on the disc.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 2,107
    You have it? Did you have to go to store for it or does the game update itself? If so, that's the only chance I have to 'activate' it...and other files at the moment. Online gaming works for me. Just not the dang store if I try to visit there.
    SharkBait wrote:
    You have it? Did you have to go to store for it or does the game update itself? If so, that's the only chance I have to 'activate' it...and other files at the moment. Online gaming works for me. Just not the dang store if I try to visit there.

It's on the store. I had to search for it, as it's not on the front page.

Also, from the looks of it, the DLC adds no new trophies (on PS3) anyway.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 2,057
    The Skyfall "DLC" is a travesty, to put it mildy. I wouldn't even bother downloading the key to unlock it. Like all the films in Legends, it manages to butcher the plot completely, but to a new low this time.

The DLC took me around 26 minutes to complete, and consists of a shoot out over the Grand Bazzar, a "chase" of sorts which is so scripted its unbelievable, a quick time event chase on top of the train, and then shooting Patrice 100 times in a glass room. To say Eurocom could only eek 26 minutes out of a 2hr 20 film is appalling.

There's no missing data drive, no Silva, no Severine, there's literally NOTHING from Skyfall, just chase and kill Patrice, and you are given NO reason for doing so. The worst thing is that in the game Bond immediately accepts M's apology for having him shot, saying she did what she had to do.

WHAT!?!?

Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

Also - Activision said they didn't want to spoil the movie, hence releasing the game as 'DLC'. Well, thats an outright lie. There is absolutely nothing spoilery in this.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2012 Posts: 4,399
    Mallory wrote:
    The Skyfall "DLC" is a travesty, to put it mildy. I wouldn't even bother downloading the key to unlock it. Like all the films in Legends, it manages to butcher the plot completely, but to a new low this time.

The DLC took me around 26 minutes to complete, and consists of a shoot out over the Grand Bazzar, a "chase" of sorts which is so scripted its unbelievable, a quick time event chase on top of the train, and then shooting Patrice 100 times in a glass room. To say Eurocom could only eek 26 minutes out of a 2hr 20 film is appalling.

There's no missing data drive, no Silva, no Severine, there's literally NOTHING from Skyfall, just chase and kill Patrice, and you are given NO reason for doing so. The worst thing is that in the game Bond immediately accepts M's apology for having him shot, saying she did what she had to do.

WHAT!?!?

Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

Also - Activision said they didn't want to spoil the movie, hence releasing the game as 'DLC'. Well, thats an outright lie. There is absolutely nothing spoilery in this.

though i shouldn't be surprised because of the company we are dealing with - but i am shocked at the lack of a comprehensible story thus far.. i mean, was anything even written in this game? I would really like to know what Bruce Feirstein wrote.... i could just see him cherry picking key moments from the Bond films, handing them over to Eurocom and Activision - and them going "terrific!" - i mean, since they are obviously so out of touch with Bond, the fans, and the legacy, that they probably didn't even know the difference.... i guess Activision hopes we all forget about that whole "the game having overlapping storyarchs lol....

this is just horrendous... i do hope EON/Danjaq are paying close attention to what is going on with their game franchise - Activision are clearly not suited to handle this property, because they do not wish to take it seriously - which is clearly evident by first, the lousy cover art, which is designed to help catch a buyer's eye - not repell them like this one does.. and secondly, by the awful attempt at a game - that not only makes no sense with it's lack of story, but has archaic graphics and gameplay that even pale to the previous year's Goldeneye Reloaded.... this was a lazy attempt on both Eurocom and Acitivision.. Eurocom should've known better - but i think their lack of talent as a creative team really shows.. their skill and technology is easily 5 years behind everyone else in the same market... and there's still room on that cross for Activision to be crucified to it as well - for allowing such a game to be made and released on their dime.. how they felt "satisfied" by it remains a mystery - oh no, wait - it's just a cash in.. ok, well that explains it...

EON/Danjaq.... do your part, and do not re-up the rights with Activision and Eurocom when the time comes - as a matter of fact, take them back and give them to a company willing to take advantage of all a Bond game has to offer.. successful games like Hitman, Splinter Cell and Assassins Creed show what the capabilities of what playing as 007 can be like.... none of this cheap FPS Call of Duty clone crap.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 581
    Rocksteady or Valve the best ones to go to
    Thank you for the report @Mallory. It's such a shame to hear.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I'd like to see all the Activision apologists come out and defend this.

007 Legends is the DAD of Bond games. But unlike DAD, it isn't even getting decent enough reviews or getting to the top of the box office (game charts in this case), it's been panned by Bond fans AND critics.
  • michallo_wmichallo_w Szczecin, Poland
    Well, just finished it. And actually I'm speechless.

Who cares about Silva? Certainly not Activision.
  • oo7oo7
    daniel craig has two lines. There are NO NEW WEAPONS, NO NEW MAPS NO NEW SKINS. there are only TWO LEVELS. and the PPK IS NOT EVEN YOUR WEAPSON FOR THE THE SKYFALL MISSION.
    so when do they announce the new bond game?
  • oo7 wrote:
    daniel craig has two lines.

Is it actually him then?
  • oo7oo7
    yeah he has a grand total of two lines. they must have actually recorded him in a room somewhere for 20 mins.
    what a hash of a game.
  • I could tolerate the cover art, and the game and still think I'd get something out of it, but I'm not liking what they have done to the Skyfall levels. I thought if I did get it for Christmas, it'd be a good way to relive my viewings of SF, but not so sure now....I most likely will skip it this Christmas and buy it next year when it's a bit cheaper.