007 Legends Announced

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Hopefully he can answer that one for you.
  • RC7 wrote:
    Or they just start from scratch. No Craig, no referencing a book or a movie. A 'game' Bond with an original story that encompasses Bondian elements and when I say this I mean the books as much as the films. I want a game that doesn't feature a single helicopter being taken down by a bloody rocket launcher. I thought L.A. Noire was one of the most immersive games of the last couple of years and that was primarily driving around interrogating people. Add a bit of Bond action to that and you're already doing better than Activision have ever done.

Can the game Bond be Timothy Dalton :P I thought a create a Bond game would be cool. You customize the character (well maybe just his face) then choose from a selection of voices, like Saints Row.

But I play Bond games because I want to feel like I am James Bond, and I prefer it when I'm in a new Bond film.

I don't think they have to forget the films and not use Craig. They should use Craig and try and put us in a new film.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The most lazy part of the game was Licence to Kill sadly. the story had been so butchered I had to watch the movie to save me from impending insanity.
    Murdock wrote:
    The most lazy part of the game was Licence to Kill sadly. the story had been so butchered I had to watch the movie to save me from impending insanity.

My goodness, yes you are right, LTK deeply disappointed me in Legends. It's a shame too, because I was rather looking forward to it being really great, because the movie is so good, and my favorite out of the ones used in Legends. The action felt really cheap and too many things from the story were mishandled and scratched altogether.
  • To make up for it they need to make a good LTK game. Throw in TLD while you're at it, gimme a Dalton double pack. In 3rd person. God that would be awesome...
  • oo7oo7
    http://community.007legends.com/thread/200519197
    speculation Craig will return to voice the final mission.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    oo7 wrote:
    http://community.007legends.com/thread/200519197
    speculation Craig will return to voice the final mission.

Will they then replace the sound alike in the rest of the missions? Because that would just sound so f*cked up hearing a sound alike throughout the majority of the game, then hear the real actor for one set of missions.
  • oo7oo7
    I dont know, they are drawing up speculation as much as we are.
    I wonder if the dlc will include trophys? I see no space for anything multiplayer related m ap wise. 4 new gun spaces and three gadget space exist. looking at the chapter missions though i notice there is space enough for skyfall and another story mission. why this is beyond me. unless there are two levels from skyfall then a further level explaining how they are all connected?
  • What I don't get is why they don't use Everything or Nothing as a template. That game had so much variety to it that we haven't gotten since then. There was all out assault shooting, stealth, car chases, free falling, motorcycle chase, etc. If Bloodstone was better thought out and given more development time I feel like it could've been a great game.
  • oo7oo7
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,068
    bondboy007 wrote:
    What I don't get is why they don't use Everything or Nothing as a template. That game had so much variety to it that we haven't gotten since then. There was all out assault shooting, stealth, car chases, free falling, motorcycle chase, etc. If Bloodstone was better thought out and given more development time I feel like it could've been a great game.

Yeah already speculate that games graphics and animations with two years dev time couild now be rivaling the payne output of this year and prehaps the upcoming hitman.

this game did offer some detective work in offices but sadly when you already know the plot of the films there is little to be learned here.
    i can only speculate that the inconsistency of events from the films and in the game are coming from the brain damage bond is going through while drowning.

Bond Moonranker suit (splitscreen)
    Enter "astr0b0y" as a case-sensitive code under the "Cheat Codes" option in the "Extras" menu to unlock the Bond Moonranker suit (splitscreen).

I liked Die Another Day, had a few problems with it though.

I'm going to be completely honest...I hated the new Jinx. Halle Berry was actually Better.
    *SHOCK AND AWE*

Graves was Better this time around but His "You can't Kill my Dreams" speech was painful and hammy and was paced too fast in between sentences. The original movie version of the speech was great. I had also wished he said, "Oh look parachutes for the both of us" instead of just throwing them out and saying oops. The way they tied in the car chase with the ending was perfect. That's how the movie should have ended instead of

CARCHASE + AIRBASE FILLER SCENE + RANDOM SNIPER MOMENT= PLANE

Die Another Day went very well.

Blofeld was awful...He screams like a girl when you kill him.
  • Picked up my copy today... Won't get to play it tonight though
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 127
    Just started playing the campaign a few days back, is just horrible. Same old bond rampaging through enemies and the occasional stealth in which you are some how spotted? The driving mission are just terrible. The push button fight scenes got old after the first one. It feels to me like they made this game to accomodate 5-10 year olds. Only mission I thought was some what decent was OHMSS. The snow mobile part took atleast some effort and the rest of the mission was ok with some nice visuals.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i am actually playing Forza Horizon right now, and driving around in the old DB5.... it really makes me wish they would make an open world Bond game, where you could drive to various locations (like GTA) for your missions
    Anybody know if there will be more maps for multiplayer with skyfall DLC release?
  • oo7oo7
    there are no menu spaces for maps only spaces for 4 guns and 3 gagets. i hope im wrong
  • Games very poxy... i never thought i'd say that about a Bond game but yeah
    Murdock wrote:
    I liked Die Another Day, had a few problems with it though.

I'm going to be completely honest...I hated the new Jinx. Halle Berry was actually Better.
    *SHOCK AND AWE*

Graves was Better this time around but His "You can't Kill my Dreams" speech was painful and hammy and was paced too fast in between sentences. The original movie version of the speech was great. I had also wished he said, "Oh look parachutes for the both of us" instead of just throwing them out and saying oops. The way they tied in the car chase with the ending was perfect. That's how the movie should have ended instead of

CARCHASE + AIRBASE FILLER SCENE + RANDOM SNIPER MOMENT= PLANE

Die Another Day went very well.

i agree about Jinx she was ugly and boring as sin in the game...why didnt they just use the charater model of Holly goodhead and use that for Jinx and yeah just some of the voice delievery of Graves wasnt as good as in the movie he wasnt more cheeky and such

why did they take out Miranda Frost :'(
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 74
    Murdock wrote:

There can be an unintended comedy value there. When I play LotR: Conquest there's a bit where you can ascend the tower of Orthanc and slide Saruman's throat if you play as a scout. It's hilarious. Plus the preceding video with what's a fairly awful voiceover for him (it's not Christopher Lee!) adds to the comedy gold.
    002 wrote:
    why did they take out Miranda Frost :'(

Pardon my Mooreism: cold feet?

Seeing as they chose one mission from each actor's tenure as Bond, their choices were limited but I love Dalton so I have no problem with LTK. Besides what may not have translated well for some in film may be completely the opposite in the game. These are re-imaginings. Although DAD now makes sense seeing as Goldeneye has been done twice (with a re-imagined version featuring Craig) and the other films were rather forgettable so there wasn't much choice. Couple that with the desire to offer a diverse and varied mission set - I can see why they picked the ones they did. Although listening to Craig saying "pussy" will be interesting.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Murdock wrote:
    I'm pretty sure I'd scream like a girl too while CraigBond's killing me.
    Draco was kind of annoying. most of the time I kept hearing. "Let's GOOOO!" with a very Christopher Walkin tone in his voice. haha.
    another shame is with all the multiplayer charaters you cant play as Tracy i mean why is Sky Briggs in it and not her?
    cuz eet eeez mickey gees boy, ya dig?
    002 wrote:
    another shame is with all the multiplayer charaters you cant play as Tracy i mean why is Sky Briggs in it and not her?

Sky Briggs is in 007 Legends too!?!
    vader.jpg?1319019416
  • Just played the GOLDFINGER mission and I am already pissed off by the controls, the mouse sensitivity and the resulting accuracy levels. Not to mention the graphics...just terrible. Voice acting is alright, the music as well. Still, it is a huge letdown for Bond fans and I can safely play it with my brain being in "shutdown mode". BLOODSTONE was perfect IMO, too short in retrospect but with a definitive replay value. 007 LEGENDS has none at all.
  • oo7oo7
    318801_449321911772077_665149967_n.jpg
    i guess the opening chase and train sequence are in the skyfall dlc.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited November 2012 Posts: 2,635
    oo7 wrote:
    318801_449321911772077_665149967_n.jpg
    i guess the opening chase and train sequence are in the skyfall dlc.

WTF? The GTA V BETA motorbikes look better than this piece of Cr4p.
    Tires ain't so "rounded" as they Should be. Plus, the light in front ain't even modeled, just textured.
    This ain't a big game, so the models should be looking better.
    i bought the game and i instantly regretted it
    there are so many problems with it, storywise, gameplay wise, charater wise its just a mess honestly
    What threw me for a loop is how the fist-fights from Goldfinger through Die Another Day, even on 007 mode, were exceptionally easy, and then suddenly you get to Moonraker and it's as if the enemies have become ten times more challenging in hand-to-hand combat. Is it saying something about Drax's men in particular? To me, it was more like Activision saying, "Yeah, we let it be really easy for you up to this point, so now, instead of gradually getting more difficult to hone your skills, we're just going to make the last mission incredibly difficult because we want there to be a challenge!" Hmm, thanks for the heads up!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,934
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    WTF? The GTA V BETA motorbikes look better than this piece of Cr4p. Tires ain't so "rounded" as they Should be. Plus, the light in front ain't even modeled, just textured. This ain't a big game, so the models should be looking better.
    Looks like they forgot to mask the texture for the spokes.