007 Legends Announced

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That is tragic. Everyone, even buffoons like Activision would know that Oddjob is mute. Or did they think he just took a break from the killing to go and take a vow of silence?

I'm happy I decided to stick by my word (alongside not listening to Adele's theme song yet, as I hope you've stuck with, as well, Brady ;) ) and not pick this game up. I don't even see it as being worth $20, due to everyone talking about the near-empty online and the other countless mistakes.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    oo7 wrote:
    BTW agent have you picked up the remastered doom yet?

No, I haven't. I think I'll save that for Christmas (or December 25th, whatever you celebrate).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    That is tragic. Everyone, even buffoons like Activision would know that Oddjob is mute. Or did they think he just took a break from the killing to go and take a vow of silence?

I'm happy I decided to stick by my word (alongside not listening to Adele's theme song yet, as I hope you've stuck with, as well, Brady ;) ) and not pick this game up. I don't even see it as being worth $20, due to everyone talking about the near-empty online and the other countless mistakes.
    I have tried my best not to hear it, but in my college Music class, the professor played the tune, and my fingers couldn't have ran for my ears faster. I didn't hear anything that I could recall, so that is good. I was flaming mad afterwards.
    on i suppose the end boss in moonraker (which is annoying) but Seriously it highlights just how Dumb bond in space is I just.... bond in space.... CRAIG'S BOND IN SPACE! Seriously!

Words.... are...... meaningless But I suppose I should be thankfull Loved Bourne Legacy was pissed we didn't get a Game featuring Renner's Likeness and voice oh well

Maybe a nice third person Bond game in 2013 with Craig's voice please and Hold Em poker mini game and levels of full stealth... Activision you do that and your forgiven for all past mistakes and I will scream your praise!
  • oo7oo7
    Looks like this incoming dlc will bring 5 new weapons. one handgun, a submachine gun, machine handgun and a sniper.
    I guess this means the ppk for the handguns?
    the shotguns seem to have no space for a extra slot so i guess the skyfall double barrel wont be in the sp or mp
    edited October 2012 Posts: 40,492
    Risico007 wrote:
    on i suppose the end boss in moonraker (which is annoying) but Seriously it highlights just how Dumb bond in space is I just.... bond in space.... CRAIG'S BOND IN SPACE! Seriously!

Words.... are...... meaningless But I suppose I should be thankfull Loved Bourne Legacy was pissed we didn't get a Game featuring Renner's Likeness and voice oh well

Maybe a nice third person Bond game in 2013 with Craig's voice please and Hold Em poker mini game and levels of full stealth... Activision you do that and your forgiven for all past mistakes and I will scream your praise!

A period wouldn't hurt every now and then!

And what was it you liked about 'The Bourne Legacy'?

@oo7, what is the fifth weapon? PPK possibly, one submachine gun, one machine handgun, and a sniper rifle makes four.
  • oo7oo7
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,068
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

A period wouldn't hurt every now and then!

And what was it you liked about 'The Bourne Legacy'?

@oo7, what is the fifth weapon? PPK possibly, one submachine gun, one machine handgun, and a sniper rifle makes four.

sorry creasey, if you look in your loadouts you can see form the shotguns there is no space at the bottom for a nother selection. if you look in say handguns you will see there is a space set asside for something.
    i suspect the ppk will come with skyfall now. don't know what other stuff we might see.
    Dont have the game on to go recount but maybe it was 4.

I see no space for new maps though. the legends characters might contain silva i would assume ontop of the other two
    Oh, I don't have the game, I was just curious as to how the DLC was panning out for the game.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 9,779
    I enjoyed it. To me I never liked Matt Damon as an Actor so the first 3 barely registered on my radar However I loved Renner in MI:GP and The Avengers so I figured why not. Personally I think he is the only actor who can play Macgyver in a modern movie reboot of the Character. Though that is just my opinion. I might have to watch the original trilogy though I really can't stand Matt Damon I mean I wish him a ton of luck but I just find him I don't know can't quite put my finger on it. Plus considering his nonsense spewed about how 007 is over the hill yeah that annoyed me. I went into legacy more as a Renner fan then a Bourne fan I guess first time I watch a film solely because I like the Actor and the trailers looked good.

As for what I liked about it it was just a good spy film not bad not amazing right now my favorite spy film of 2012 is Taken 2 watching Neeson figure things out was amazing. Though I think we all know what film will knock Taken 2 out of the number 1 slot :D
  • oo7oo7
    Risico007 wrote:
    I enjoyed it. To me I never liked Matt Damon as an Actor so the first 3 barely registered on my radar However I loved Renner in MI:GP and The Avengers so I figure why not. Personally I think he is the only actor who can play Macgyver in a modern movie reboot of the Character. Though that is just my opinion. I might have to watch the original trilogy though I really can't stand Matt Damon I mean I wish him a ton of luck but I just find him I don't know can't quite put my finger on it. Plus considering his nonsense spewed about how 007 is over the hill yeah that annoyed me. I went into legacy more as a Renner fan then a Bourne fan I guess first time I watch a film solely because I like the Actor and the trailers looked good.

wrong thread..?
    I don't want to take things off topic, so one last comment: oddly enough, both 'Taken 2' and 'The Bourne Legacy' were some of my most highly anticipated films of the year, and both were incredible disappointments.
    oo7 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:
    I enjoyed it. To me I never liked Matt Damon as an Actor so the first 3 barely registered on my radar However I loved Renner in MI:GP and The Avengers so I figure why not. Personally I think he is the only actor who can play Macgyver in a modern movie reboot of the Character. Though that is just my opinion. I might have to watch the original trilogy though I really can't stand Matt Damon I mean I wish him a ton of luck but I just find him I don't know can't quite put my finger on it. Plus considering his nonsense spewed about how 007 is over the hill yeah that annoyed me. I went into legacy more as a Renner fan then a Bourne fan I guess first time I watch a film solely because I like the Actor and the trailers looked good.

wrong thread..?

Someone asked me why I liked the bourne legacy I answered simple as that as for thisgame still

BOND.....IN....SPACE.......

Hopefully the Skyfall DLC will be good pissed as an xbox user I have to wait a MONTH longer then PS3 users!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Risico007 wrote:
    I enjoyed it. To me I never liked Matt Damon as an Actor so the first 3 barely registered on my radar However I loved Renner in MI:GP and The Avengers so I figured why not. Personally I think he is the only actor who can play Macgyver in a modern movie reboot of the Character. Though that is just my opinion. I might have to watch the original trilogy though I really can't stand Matt Damon I mean I wish him a ton of luck but I just find him I don't know can't quite put my finger on it. Plus considering his nonsense spewed about how 007 is over the hill yeah that annoyed me. I went into legacy more as a Renner fan then a Bourne fan I guess first time I watch a film solely because I like the Actor and the trailers looked good.

As for what I liked about it it was just a good spy film not bad not amazing right now my favorite spy film of 2012 is Taken 2 watching Neeson figure things out was amazing. Though I think we all know what film will knock Taken 2 out of the number 1 slot :D

If you don't like Matt, watch Good Will Hunting. If that masterpiece can't get you to love him, nothing will I'm afraid.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 555
    Just finished the OHMSS level.

The handling of
    Tracy's death
    was amazing.

I love that the game solidifies that they are all the same person and all live out the same events, in one or another.

Bond's voice does go all Dalton as soon as LTK kicks in. Shame it wasn't Wright's Leiter.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 28,694

The handling of Tracy's death was amazing.

I love that the game solidifies that they are all the same person and all live out the same events, in one or another.

Bond's voice does go all Dalton as soon as LTK kicks in. Shame it wasn't Wright's Leiter.

WAIT. Tracy dies in OHMSS?!?!?! WHAT?! :O
  • Just finished the OHMSS level.

Doesn't mean the game was going to cover it. So it's still a game spoiler.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 28,694

Doesn't mean the game was going to cover it. So it's still a game spoiler.

You can't NOT cover that. It's like writing a book on how America came to be, leaving out the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Tracy's death is so much a part of why Bond does what he does that you can't skip over it.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 624
    I am almost done with Moonraker. I like the game, but it is missing a certain je ne sais quoi.

Thoughts with more playtime:
    Negatives:
    - Too short. Too many parts of the films are missing. Why can't I drive around GF's factory?
    - The "stealth is critical" levels piss me off. What's the point?
    - The boss fights belong more in Fight Night games.
    - Driving levels are fun, but scarce.
    - Too many "shooting gallery" levels.
    - So they use Daniel Craig's voice for all of the Activision games, EXCEPT for the 50th anniversary game?
    - White Jinx
    - Different Dr. Goodhead
    - No Jeffery Wright (or Cec Linder, or David Hedison, etc.)
    - Different Draco
    - No bobsled scene in OHMSS

Positives:
    - Cut scenes are wonderful (but short)
    - Dialogue is word for word at times from the movies.
    - Minigames are actually pretty fun.
    - Laser watch!
    - Jaws turns good in the MR level, like the film.
    - Flying in space is fun as hell.
    - BLOFELD!!!
    - Favorite Level (so far) is OHMSS. The scenery is fantastic and Piz Gloria is beautifully modeled.

Verdict: From Russia With Love remains my favorite Bond game followed by Everything or Nothing and then Bloodstone. 007 Legends falls way short of these 3, but provides a good addition to my Bond collection.

I am also pissed that the day I picked it up I got a download code for the PPK, but my PSN wasn't working. So I tried it again today, and the code was expired! ~X( Any word on if I'll ever get to use a PPK?
    Why would a code expire so fast?
    @TopGearJB007, you need to contact either the place you purchased it from, or Activision Customer Support to get that straightened out. You may need evidence of the code, though, as I've had the same problem in the past with no digital camera to use, and was screwed out of a code.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 624
    @Brady I don't know. It expired the day I got it, little did I know. **** you GameStop.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/ravecode/

Click on PS3 for Legends and it says it expired on the 16th. THAT'S THE DAY I GOT IT!
    Risico007 wrote:

If you don't like Matt, watch Good Will Hunting. If that masterpiece can't get you to love him, nothing will I'm afraid.

that is the film that made me dislike him lol

Risico007 wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

that is the film that made me dislike him lol
    HOW? That's one of my favorite films of all time, and he is perfect in the role bouncing off of Robin Williams.
  • oo7oo7
    like i said earlier there are 4 empty gun slots, no doubt in the next dlc. the hand gun has got to be the ppk
  • I am super stuck on the part when Bond discovers the weapons cache and begins planting mines in LTK. I need to be stealthy, since I'm playing 007 Classic and don't have much health. But it's damned hard.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited October 2012 Posts: 4,399
    so far i am working my way through the end of the LTK mission.... i didnt get the chance to play it much over the past weekend, as i was in my buddy's wedding party - and no, i got no ridiculous lighter/flamethrower as a present from the bride and groom lol...

anyways - so far it's alright.. i really disliked the GF stages - maybe because i am used to the 60s, that seeing Auric operating in a modern setting is a little bizarre and confusing lol... but i think the level designs certainly got better in the OHMSS and LTK levels than what was in the GF ones..

i wouldn't rate this game high right now - maybe a 6 / 10.... there is still a lot that could be done with a game like this - and so far, i dont where Bruce Fierstein's writing comes in at all?... they said all these films in the game were going to have an overarching story - maybe i just havent gotten there yet? - but so far it seems like they just lazily jammed 6 films together, and lied about a story tying them all together.
  • The story is Bond's life is flashing before his eyes while he drowns in the water after being shot by Eve.
    I just completed the game. I'll write a full review soon but I'll just say this game is the most average a game can get. Again, full review coming soon
  • Just played the first level, glad I picked this one up for cheap with some Amazon promo dollars. Really disappointing game, nothing other than standard, run of the mill FPS stuff. After the abomination that was FRWL I wanted the license to go to someone else (even though I loved NF and EoN), but Activision wasn't the right choice. I enjoyed QoS and really liked Bloodstone, but the GE Reloaded game and now Legends just seem like really quickly and poorly thrown together games.
  • I think I'm the only one that is really into this game.

Just beat the first LTK level. So frustrating. I didn't have any health for the final shootout and I died a gazillion times. Pam kept bitching "Come on James!" I wanted to throw my controller, brought me back go my childhood haha.

Anyway, I do truly like the game. I like the "story" because it's great to see Craig's Bond in all these classic scenario's. I like the gameplay: stealth, spying, shootouts,driving, skiing, and more. I love using the smartphone, watch, and pen gadgets. Classic Bond.

Great time. Really has me in the mood for the 50th.