Feedback and Suggestions

Comments

• JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    slyfox wrote:
    Tried to change my Thumbnail view of my profile picture... and failed. Is there a problem with the function?

Should be working fine. What browser are you using?
    Its not letting me edit it. I'm using Mozilla/4.0 on Internet Explorer but I'll give it a try on my laptop in a few days. Cheers
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    As it happens, my thumbnail is saved as a blank coloured sqaure (the colour of my background image) yet the entire avatar shows! Most strange...
  • I feel that there should be some ignore poster/thread features! it would be nice to have it
    What so many of the 'must have' updates now in place, I wonder what is next? What's being looked at now for inclusion is the next update? I'd love to know as I can't think of anything that's needed off the top of my head.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 297
    Sometimes I use a tablet and smartphone and even logged in I don't get the last unread post, I always have to go through the entire thread. Would be nice to have that fixed in the future.
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    A temporary solution is to push the "full site" button rather than using the mobile skin.
    Yes, been there, done that. Another is to call your own comments from profile and use the permalink, that way you arrive at your last post in the thread.
    Everyone who has the default avatar picture (the silhouette) on my iPad has my avatar picture and it is driving me crazy.
    In terms of forum improvements, what is next on the list and when could we expect the update?

I would love to know what is planned.
  • yeah I love some new features......i want the ignore feature
    I've seriously been contemplating the same thing the last few days, but it's up to ourselves really to get on with other participants than take such actions maybe, hard as it can be sometimes, that goes for any forum page you can think of, it's not all about MI6
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I, too, think that an ignore feature isn't necessarily needed, because we have that at our fingertips. Don't appreciate what someone else is saying? Ignore it and move on. Too many threads have been derailed and closed lately.

Now, my question, in terms of improvements, is this: would it ever be possible to have a feature that automatically updates each thread to show new comments, instead of having to refresh or reclick on 'Discussions'? I know some comment pages that use Disqus will automatically state '___ New Comments Available, Click To See', but could it be possible that threads somehow refresh themselves?
    Hey, just a suggestion. How about a mobile phone app for iPhone, Android, WP7?
    an ignore feature would destroy any chance on dialogue. Stupid application for a forum imho.
  • I think an ignore feature is a bad idea.

Fix the search bar? When I search for a thread and get comments and threads that are nothing to do with what I searched, and since threads that have been done before get closed, it can be annoying. I've started just googling mi6community followed by the thread name but it'd be good if the search bar worked better.
    TheBondFan wrote:
    Hey, just a suggestion. How about a mobile phone app for iPhone, Android, WP7?

Can the site at least be a bit more Android/iOS friendly.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    "January 4
    just a quick question, every time somebody makes a new post on a thread that I have bookmarked, and I click the thread, it always goes to page 1. I thought it was set up to go the the newest post?"

I posted this at the beginning of the year and it is still happening now...was wondering if you could give me a Sit. Rep.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Hm what browser are you using WW? Works fine for me in Chrome. :-?
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Chrome also...this only happens on bookmarked things on the right of the screen....it just goes to page 1. any other thing it will go to were I left off.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Chrome also...this only happens on bookmarked things on the right of the screen....it just goes to page 1. any other thing it will go to were I left off.

The same thing happens to me, and I use Safari.
    That's strange... For me it goes to the first unread post as usual, and if everything is read, to the last post of the thread.

The same thing happens to me, and I use Safari.

I get it occasionally on both versions of Safari.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 183
    I have a suggestion, one that surely someone has raised previously - a delete post option. The old forums used to have it I swear, but if no one has replied to your comment, deleting the post should be an option.

I accidently clicked 'quote' rather than 'edit' without realising and ended up double posting - wanted to delete but couldn't. I know it was an unlikely error, but I have seen a lot of double, triple and even quadruple posters on here, a delete option may not necessarily stop them but will at least cut down on the ones who do it accidently...

ALSO...

Is there not a way to mark all new comments 'read'?
    TPM007 wrote:
    I have a suggestion, one that surely someone has raised previously - a delete post option. The old forums used to have it I swear, but if no one has replied to your comment, deleting the post should be an option.
    A feature like that would be useful, indeed. Until it's implemented (if it will be), you can flag your double post if you want it deleted (just flag it and put reason "double post please remove" or something). Then we will see it and can remove it for you. No more work for you, just for us ;)

The "mark all read" function was implemented and tested for some days, but there were some issues with it so it was removed again.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,350
    As this year draws to a close would it be time to open a Bond 24 subsection?

Either for those who want to discuss the film, or to keep all the current threads for this film together, in one place.
  • BenBen
    Just a thought, if you could thumbs up a comment if you agree with it. Think it would just be easier than the spam if someone agrees with something and they have to put 'I agree' or 'Yeah'. I think it would just be nicer to leave more discussion on a page. I don't think you would need a thumbs down button as if you disagree with it you're more likely to explain about why this is the case but if someone makes a good case then you could just vote it up. Just an idea I'd like implemented, sorry if it has been suggested before.
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    Samuel001 wrote:
    As this year draws to a close would it be time to open a Bond 24 subsection?

Either for those who want to discuss the film, or to keep all the current threads for this film together, in one place.

We agree, and it's something easily implemented. Over the next few days the team will attempt to populate the new category with existing topics, but please PM us with your suggestions for the B24 board.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Two boards, 'Bond 24' and 'Bond 24 News & Spoilers' would be best.

Thanks @MI6! That's it. The entire has been searched!

Also, if it can be done, merging the two Skyfall boards into one is a good idea, at a later date.
  • I say that Skyfall board should be kept alone since it the "50 anniversary film" and keep as one of the main topic on the right side for a year or so
This discussion has been closed.