007 Legends Announced

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    SPECTRE wrote:
    I thought the intro (I don't think it was the full one though) was pretty cool, especially the visuals. The only problem I had with it was that it didn't have any vocals.

It seems that some people insist on hating this game. Putting the length into perspective:

007 Legends-1:10
    Goldeneye Remake-1:45
    Blood Stone-1:45
    Quantum of Solace-2:40
    From Russia With Love-1:15
    Everything or Nothing-1:15
    007 Nightfire-0:50

Clearly the trend for the videos games isn't using 4 min intros like the movies. Yeah, the Legends intro is shorter those in all of the other Activision games, but its the same or longer length than those in the EA titles.

I'm not complaining about the length, just about the song choice and just the... boringness of the whole video. @0Brady said YAWN, and that fits quite well.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i think it's a much better title sequence than both BS and GE:RL combined.... i just wished that they found a way to mash all 6 film's respected themes together... like you start with GF, then it fades to OHMSS, to MR and so on - until finishing with the Bond theme itself.... but oh well - i think from a graphical standpoint, its the best title sequence since EON.
  • theres an exclusive 007 legends trailer coming at 1.00pm stay tuned.
  • michallo_wmichallo_w Szczecin, Poland
    theres an exclusive 007 legends trailer coming at 1.00pm stay tuned.

Where did you see that?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It'll probably be Skyfall.
  • It's past 1 here in the UK.
    HASEROT wrote:
    i think it's a much better title sequence than both BS

I liked that one, with the baddys exploding into diamonds.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 198
    007FacebookPreOrderTab.jpg.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I kinda like the Goldfinger Remix, but I would like remixes of OHMSS, DAD, LTK, and MR. I'd love to hear a remix of LTK so bad right now. :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I find more honor in being one of the last to play this drivel.
  • I still cannot get over that cover art.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 198
    Blofeld
    blofeld007-legends.png
    ZHalfter wrote:
    Jaws has a bulletproof face!?! :O
    edited October 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Guy talking about game engine: "But this year we're kind of like taking it to its limit and kinda expanding the levels and making them bigger."

So is that why the graphics look like they are from the Gamecube era??
    karl007 wrote:
    ZHalfter wrote:
    Yeah, how stupid. Jaws only has protection in the area of his mouth, but shoot him in the eye or forehead and it still protects him? :))
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Worker 1: So guys, multiplayer abilities. Jaws has metal teeth, so I was thinking we either give hm a bite attack, or a bullet proof face.

Worker 2: Well bulletproof face is much more stupid so I say lets go with that.

Worker 3: Yeah we don't want people to actually think we're making a good game do we!

Worker 1: Bulletproof face it is. And is that 5 year old done on the story yet? He was only meant to have 1 minute to write the damn thing.

Worker 2: Yep

Worker 1: *reading* "Chuck random films together and throw in action scenes that weren't in the film ala FRWL", yeah that works, lets use that.

Worker 3: Let's make this thing then! Shouldn't take long...
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Worker 1: So guys, multiplayer abilities. Jaws has metal teeth, so I was thinking we either give hm a bite attack, or a bullet proof face.

Worker 2: Well bulletproof face is much more stupid so I say lets go with that.

Worker 3: Yeah we don't want people to actually think we're making a good game do we!

Worker 1: Bulletproof face it is. And is that 5 year old done on the story yet? He was only meant to have 1 minute to write the damn thing.

Worker 2: Yep

Worker 1: *reading* "Chuck random films together and throw in action scenes that weren't in the film ala FRWL", yeah that works, lets use that.

Worker 3: Let's make this thing then! Shouldn't take long...

Today the world is just like that. falsehood.
    Jaws has a bullet-proof face? Mmm, well, all right then. Seems to me like somebody didn't review The Spy Who Loved Me. Yes, Jaws' teeth did deflect Bond's bullet, but that was because he shot at his mouth. Had he shot him in the forehead, it'd be a different story.
    Why does it even matter? Jaws doesn't die. So what if his face is bulletproof? He lives at the end and becomes a good guy.
  • 00Beast wrote:
    Jaws has a bullet-proof face? Mmm, well, all right then. Seems to me like somebody didn't review The Spy Who Loved Me. Yes, Jaws' teeth did deflect Bond's bullet, but that was because he shot at his mouth. Had he shot him in the forehead, it'd be a different story.

Now we're just being petty. So you all want, in an ultra fast-paced multiplayer match, for Jaws to only be able to deflect bullets that hit his teeth? The no head-shots on Jaws captures the spirit of the movie and makes it work as a gameplay mechanic.
    Why does it even matter? Jaws doesn't die. So what if his face is bulletproof? He lives at the end and becomes a good guy.
    Guy talking about game engine: "But this year we're kind of like taking it to its limit and kinda expanding the levels and making them bigger."

So is that why the graphics look like they are from the Gamecube era??
    karl007 wrote:
    ZHalfter wrote:
    Yeah, how stupid. Jaws only has protection in the area of his mouth, but shoot him in the eye or forehead and it still protects him? :))

Exactly. He's not wolverine. Only his teeth are antiminium ;)
    I agree with @Murdock and @BritishChap007, it really doesn't bother me in the slightest (as much as I want it to) I think this game will have bigger problems than the accuracy of character portrayal in a multiplayer match...
  • Why not just give Jaws extra strength or a bite attack or something.
  • Why not just give Jaws extra strength or a bite attack or something.

They did the former: no headshots.
    Giving Jaws a bite move really wouldn't work for a FPS, but for a third person shooter, it'd be great!
    While this game doesn't show as much promise as some of us would like, there are some pretty petty complaints being brought up
    bondbat007 wrote:
    While this game doesn't show as much promise as some of us would like, there are some pretty petty complaints being brought up

I know, nothing would please me more than for the game to be amazing, making us all look like idiots! But the whole 'Jaws' bullet proof head' multiplayer option should be the least of the complaints aimed at the game!
    TPM007 wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:

I know, nothing would please me more than for the game to be amazing, making us all look like idiots! But the whole 'Jaws' bullet proof head' multiplayer option should be the least of the complaints aimed at the game!

In my opinion, I think Eurocom is making the best Bond game they can. They are clearly Bond fans and have made great games. Activision wants something specific and they don't have the biggest budget. But I trust Eurocom to do well and I personally enjoyed GE Reloaded. No, this will not be the Bond game to end all Bond games. And yes, Bond was obviously handled with more care when it was with EA. But this game could be enjoyable and I'm looking forward to play thought ADAPTATIONS (NOT 100% a recreation) of some of my favorite Bond films
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 555
    bondbat007 wrote:
    TPM007 wrote:
    bondbat007 wrote:

In my opinion, I think Eurocom is making the best Bond game they can. They are clearly Bond fans and have made great games. Activision wants something specific and they don't have the biggest budget. But I trust Eurocom to do well and I personally enjoyed GE Reloaded. No, this will not be the Bond game to end all Bond games. And yes, Bond was obviously handled with more care when it was with EA. But this game could be enjoyable and I'm looking forward to play thought ADAPTATIONS (NOT 100% a recreation) of some of my favorite Bond films

Bravo. You win the thread and get to speak for me from here on.
    @BritishChap007
    Kind words appreciated my friend