Die Hard (1988 - present)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm sure his son is in the picture now so they can set it up for him to take over the series when Willis gets too old, but don't they do that with many films, and it never works out, sometimes even hurting it? 'Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' comes to mind, and while the balance was perfect and the film was great, 'Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol' seems to be another, even though Cruise is probably going to do the next M:I film and Renner already has a lot on his plate.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'm sure his son is in the picture now so they can set it up for him to take over the series when Willis gets too old, but don't they do that with many films, and it never works out, sometimes even hurting it? 'Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' comes to mind, and while the balance was perfect and the film was great, 'Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol' seems to be another, even though Cruise is probably going to do the next M:I film and Renner already has a lot on his plate.

Yea they don't often work out. If he's good enough I'd like to see it continue. And as far as MI goes, the original plan was to have Renner take over, but once Cruise started the production process and things started happening he liked it so much he changed his mind. Poor Renner.
    I love Renner, but I just didn't like 'The Bourne Legacy' in the slightest. Didn't really do it for me.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I see no picture...
    Sorry, how rude of us.

diehardnewphoto.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Sorry, how rude of us.

diehardnewphoto.jpg

I still see absolutely nothing but a blue square box with a question mark, taunting me.
    That's on you mate. Here's the full link: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=95466
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 555
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Hopefully a trailer follows soon.

Trailer as early as this Thursday, if not by next Monday. It's been classified and will run with Taken 2. It's a minute and four seconds.
    Holy crap. John looks like a rubber duck compared to this guy...
  • Creasy47 wrote:

I hope they don't do that. When Willis leaves, Die Hard is over. The series is nothing without John Mcclane.
    It will still have John McClane after Willis leaves. That's where they getcha. ;))
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Hopefully a trailer follows soon.

Trailer as early as this Thursday, if not by next Monday. It's been classified and will run with Taken 2. It's a minute and four seconds.

Great news. Thanks for this update.

It's a teaser so I hope it teases. The theatrical trailer will come out around Christmas then, all being well.
  • Well I'm going to see Taken 2 this weekend so I should see the teaser then <:-P I thought Mad Max or SF might have taken over but Die Hard is officially my most anticipated film again!
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    It will still have John McClane after Willis leaves. That's where they getcha. ;))

Those sneaky money loving Hollywood bastards! ;)
  • Well I'm going to see Taken 2 this weekend so I should see the teaser then <:-P I thought Mad Max or SF might have taken over but Die Hard is officially my most anticipated film again!

I am extremely pumped. Hard for me to get excited for something more than Bond, but having another Die Hard movie certainly comes close!

Hope this teaser is better than the Live Free teaser, which was just a bad trailer.

And more than happy to report buddy @Samuel001
    SJK91 wrote:
    I've enjoyed all of the Die Hard films to extent. I'll probably be seeing A Good Day to Die Hard in theaters...what can I say, I'm a sucker ;-)
    Not a sucker.. A fan. I'll be seeing it in the picture house also. Yipee kiyaa.
    If his son ever says YIPEE KIYAA, I will lose it. X(

I will lose it if the film is PG-13. It made 'Live Free Or Die Hard' so inferior to the unrated version they released on DVD (and somehow neglected to release on blu-ray, giving us the theatrical version, instead.) Why can't films make the rating they want, based off of content and fan feedback, not box office gross?
    Creasy47 wrote:

I will lose it if the film is PG-13. It made 'Live Free Or Die Hard' so inferior to the unrated version they released on DVD (and somehow neglected to release on blu-ray, giving us the theatrical version, instead.) Why can't films make the rating they want, based off of content and fan feedback, not box office gross?

If the film doesn't make bank then no more needless sequels will come, or it is very unlikely that they would.
    While the series is one of my favorites, I would rather have a couple of excellent films than lots of so-so additions to the series. Somehow, the full version of "Yippee Ki-Yay..." makes the film leagues better than it being censored by a gunshot.

Just like the word "mother..." - you know the rest: it doesn't have a place in PG-13 films. I believe it was 'Battleship' I watched a week or two ago where I heard the word used twice, but it was blared over by an explosion or loud sound. Why even bother? It isn't cool or funny, it's just annoying.
    Creasy47 wrote:

Yeah, the un-cut version of DH4 made the film so much better, and the fact it ain't out on Blu-ray really winds me up! I never thought more swearing would make a film better, but in DH4, it really does give us back the good old' McLane!

I think it's hilarious that we live in a world where in a PG-13 movie it's ok to whack a dozen bad guys in all sorts of nasty ways, yet you can't say the F word!! Ok kids, see how Mc Clane snapped that guy's neck and then killed that pilot with his car?? But he never swore. And that's today's moral lesson... :D

What a world...
    OddJaws wrote:
    I think it's hilarious that we live in a world where in a PG-13 movie it's ok to whack a dozen bad guys in all sorts of nasty ways, yet you can't say the F word!! Ok kids, see how Mc Clane snapped that guy's neck and then killed that pilot with his car?? But he never swore. And that's today's moral lesson... :D

What a world...

I couldn't agree more. He drops assassins into grinders, crushes little Asian chicks with SUVs, snaps necks violently, detonates people out of windows...but he better not swear!

I fear that 'A Good Day To Die Hard' will end up being PG-13 - it only makes sense for the box office - but I would love it if they either listen to the fans and make it R-rated, or inevitably release an unrated BLU-RAY version of the film next year.
  • If his son ever says YIPEE KIYAA, I will lose it. X(

IThis is what I have been predicting: if they want to be pg-13, I think they may dodge censors this time (like the gunshotmlast time) like this:

Bruce: Yippe-ki-yay mother
    Jai: Fu---er (except he says it)

I think you're allowed F- words as long as they're not mother fer. This is one fix.
    OddJaws wrote:

What a world...

Just as I imagine The Great Master George Carlin would have put it... :)>-
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 5,745
    Teaser found here: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=95523

There's even a Bond reference in the movie! Haha
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Teaser found here: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=95523

There's even a Bond reference in the movie! Haha

Yesssssss!!!

That's what I'm talking about!
    Does it not look amazing!
    We don't get much at all from this. It's okay, I guess. The only thing I really liked was the music they chose to play over the chaos. The Bond line is just so random and ruins the ending for me a bit.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Looks awesome! I have a feeling it's going to be PG-13 but I'm hoping it's R. If this ends up being the last Die Hard then they need to end it the way they started it.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Looks amazing! I'm glad we see more of Willis than his son in the teaser. Hopefully it'll be better than the 4th film, which was ok, but I don't think it's as good as the first 3.

I think/hope it will be an R.