Die Hard (1988 - present)

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Filming began this week on 23rd April in Budapest.

http://www.xpatloop.com/news/70120

The film comes on 14th February.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I wouldn't be surprised given enough time and all said, that there will be more damn Die Hard movies than Wrestlemania's by the time Armageddon arrives :-<

In the minority maybe, but I do feel they are going too far with these McClane movies now, and Bruce Willis still down for Part V, ?, where will it all end

They had the good sense to end Lethal Weapon at Part 4 when it had outrun it's course and even the awful Police Academy was put out of it's misery after what seemed like an eternity of poor releases, but Die Hard, while not as bad as that and sometimes enjoyable, well I just feel they maybe should of finished the McClane movies at number 4, I feel it's getting a bit out of hand now especially with subsequent releases lined up

It's simply banging heads against a brick wall here, but it's just how I see it

Action heroes Die Hard.
    Still think a Die Hard V is unnecessary, I won't change on the opinion, maybe if they had found someone else in the lead role I may have looked at it in a more favorable light, but above all else, can't look beyond the fact that Willis is simply too old or inappropriate for the McClane role, next years release will be the equivalent of Moore in A View to a Kill for some

Sometimes these filmmakers need to realize when enough is enough or common sense dictates the closure of a specific franchise or series, this is just such an example

Still think a Die Hard V is unnecessary, I won't change on the opinion, maybe if they had found someone else in the lead role I may have looked at it in a more favorable light, but above all else, can't look beyond the fact that Willis is simply too old or inappropriate for the McClane role, next years release will be the equivalent of Moore in A View to a Kill for some

Sometimes these filmmakers need to realize when enough is enough or common sense dictates the closure of a specific franchise or series, this is just such an example

You forgot one thing Bruce Willis has always been the sole performer of John McClane, it is unlike the 007 series in that is chronological shows an older cop at the wrong place at the wrong time. He is not a supercop just one who doesn't like losing.

I think some "fans" should recognize the fact that people enjoy seeing more of a particular hero. DH4 did well enough in the cinema's and I found Willis refreshing back in his role of scruffy hero, I am sure enough that DH5 will deliver another good actioner like the previous 4.

ANd f*** commonsense otherwise 007 would have stopped being a franchise after Connery stopped playing the part. It is due to decent greed and the love of some director/producer that we still enjoy some great franchises. Heck I even liked the last installment of The Rambo series which was in my personal view a step up after the last two episodes.

• edited April 2012 Posts: 555
    The logo the crew is using in Budapest:

agdtdhsetlogo.jpg

Some new info:

http://collider.com/die-hard-5-update-tom-rothman/162457/

20th Century Fox CEO Tom Rothman Talks A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD; Says John McClane’s Son Is “A Badder Ass Than John McClane”

by Adam Chitwood Posted:April 27th, 2012 at 2:51 pm

After 12 years, the Die Hard series returned in 2007 with the first PG-13 entry in the franchise, Live Free or Die Hard. The film did considerable business, and so development began on Die Hard 5. After a long director search, Fox finally settled on John Moore (Max Payne) to helm the pic, which now finds Bruce Willis’ John McClane in Russia and teamed up with his son, played by Jai Courtney (Spartacus: Blood and Sand).
    Steve recently sat down with 20th Century Fox CEO Tom Rothman at CinemaCon, and during the course of their wide-ranging conversation the executive spoke quite a bit about the story of A Good Day to Die Hard and what makes the film different from other entries in the franchise. Hit the jump to see what he had to say.

Steve asked Rothman what he could tell us about the story for this fifth Die Hard, and Rothman responded by talking about what sets the film apart:
    “I love this one. It’s called A Good Day to Die Hard, and two things make it new: 1. John McClane, the ultimate American hero, goes to Russia. So talk about a fish out of water, he’s completely out of water. And 2. It’s really a father-son story, which is that John McClane’s been a great cop his whole life but he’s been a pretty lousy father. He has a grown son who he’s not really been in much touch with, and McClane thinks the son’s a **** up—that’s a technical term.”
    So what brings everyone’s favorite hardened cop to Russia? His son, of course:
    “So he goes to Russia, he thinks, to bail his son out of jail, and it turns out the son’s not a **** up, he’s the antithesis of that. In fact, the apple has not fallen far from the tree, the apple has not fallen from the tree, which is that the son is a badder ass John McClane than John McClane.”
    Essentially the set up is that McClane reunites with his estranged son, who turns out to be John McClane 2.0. As far as the villains go, Rothman said The McClanes make quite a few enemies overseas:
    “It comes to the point in the story where they’re basically the most wanted men in the entire Soviet Union, and it’s the two of them against all of the bad guys. I’ve just gotta say, it’s a classic, classic Die Hard.”
    Though I was really hoping to see Mary Elizabeth Winstead return as McClane’s daughter from Live Free or Die Hard, it sounds like they may possibly be setting the franchise up for a new lead in the future. Given that McClane’s son is “a badder ass than John McClane,” I could see Courtney being poised to lead the series in a few years with Willis taking a smaller role in subsequent installments. Fox took their sweet time settling on just the right actor to take the McClane Jr. role, so hopefully Courtney impresses when the release date rolls around.

And a video of a truck chase they filmed:

http://index.hu/video/2012/04/24/die_hard_5_forgatas/

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I like the premise, I like Willis, and I am hoping it is a decent film. It does sound like a passing of the hat from Willis to Courtney; I sure hope this young man is good and can handle the inevitable criticism.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2012 Posts: 28,694
    So he goes to Russia, he thinks, to bail his son out of jail, and it turns out the son’s not a **** up, he’s the antithesis of that. In fact, the apple has not fallen far from the tree, the apple has not fallen from the tree, which is that the son is a badder ass John McClane than John McClane.”

We all know this is a crock. HE'S JOHN FREAKING MCCLANE!!!!!
    Nice film logo! Up there with the first few films' logos.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    No way can this guy be more badass than John. But you just know that the whole movie will try and get you to think that.

Nobody can replace Willis. They should finish the franchise after the 6th like he said, then that can be the end of it. The new logo looks really badass though.
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I agree that this film will not pass the series from Willis to Courtney.

It's just like Cruise passing Mission:Impossible on, to someone else. We had this talk after the third and fourth film and guess what? He's still here!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The new logo is really cool, This movie will no doubt be great.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Agreed! This movie will be awesome. I'm a fanboy, not a hateboy.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I agree that this film will not pass the series from Willis to Courtney.

It's just like Cruise passing Mission:Impossible on, to someone else. We had this talk after the third and fourth film and guess what? He's still here!

Sadly because that's they only way they get fully funded/produced. I don't see how the M:I team can convince the studio to go on without Cruise..
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    No way can this guy be more badass than John. But you just know that the whole movie will try and get you to think that.

Nobody can replace Willis. They should finish the franchise after the 6th like he said, then that can be the end of it. The new logo looks really badass though.

Exactly, to my anger. And the man that said that obviously has no idea who John is as a character.
    This is what they were trying with Indy 4 as well! Shia Lebeof is no Harrison Ford!
    RogueAgent wrote:
    This is what they were trying with Indy 4 as well! Shia Lebeof is no Harrison Ford!

And at the end when the fedora fell at Mutt's feet, oh KILL ME NOW!!! MIGP, Indy 4, and scores of others all look like purposeful set ups for a supporting actor to take over the mantel, while in reality none did, and AGDTDH will be no different.
    RogueAgent wrote:

And at the end when the fedora fell at Mutt's feet, oh KILL ME NOW!!! MIGP, Indy 4, and scores of others all look like purposeful set ups for a supporting actor to take over the mantel, while in reality none did, and AGDTDH will be no different.

completely agree. If they wanna continue the franchise? Recast the lead actor or actress like they did with Bond? Bond has shown that this can be done! None of this handing over the reigns crap!
  • Is Patrick Stewart in this? I read a rumour he was, but then the web is full of rumours. I hope he is. I want to see him back up on the silver screen!
    So far, no news. And a little late now as filming has begun. We know of four people in the film and that's all.
  • Samuel001 wrote:
    So far, no news. And a little late now as filming has begun. We know of four people in the film and that's all.

Damn :-(
  • Samuel001 wrote:

Willis doesn't report for a month or so, so there is still a chance for Stewart.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Just watched Die Hard 4 for the first time; really liked it. But that is still because Willis rocks as McClane. I hope the new one is really well done and that it is the last or next to last in the series.
    As for Indy: I never cared for Shia L. and I was praying the series would not go to him.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I thought DH4 was a complete mess. IMO the original 3 are masterpieces of action movies... number 4 was just horrible...
  • Just watched Die Hard 4 for the first time; really liked it. But that is still because Willis rocks as McClane. I hope the new one is really well done and that it is the last or next to last in the series.

I rewatched it last night and actually think Willis did a great job playing an older McClane, even if it was harder to picture without hair.
    Cole Hauser has landed a pivotal supporting role in A Good Day To Die Hard.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/cole-hauser-joins-bruce-willis-in-a-good-day-to-die-hard/
    Die Hard was pretty good and entertaining . Good likable cast and for the most part it was realistic. After the first one they've just got worse and worse. Hollywood and Mainstream American media/entertainment has no quality , originality or good writing. Everything today focuses around over the top action sequences, sex, flirtacious women in leotards kicking a guys ass and unrealistic scenarios. Whatever happened to good storytellers ? Anyone remember the Twilight Zone? that show was great because it focused on storytelling, not unnecessary sexual innuendoes and raunchy scenes. American Entertainment has become nothing but a haven for Zionist Produced Thrash to demoralize and dumb down the public.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Die Hard was pretty good and entertaining . Good likable cast and for the most part it was realistic. After the first one they've just got worse and worse. Hollywood and Mainstream American media/entertainment has no quality , originality or good writing. Everything today focuses around over the top action sequences, sex, flirtacious women in leotards kicking a guys ass and unrealistic scenarios. Whatever happened to good storytellers ? Anyone remember the Twilight Zone? that show was great because it focused on storytelling, not unnecessary sexual innuendoes and raunchy scenes. American Entertainment has become nothing but a haven for Zionist Produced Thrash to demoralize and dumb down the public.

Only Die Hard 2 is faulty in my opinion, and I don't attribute anything you said to the Die Hard series as a whole.
    I'm all about this, can't wait....

ALSO YOU HEAR ABOUT RAMBO 5??
    YUP
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Nice pics, I don't think Willis has really aged since the 4th one. Thanks @samuel001
    jolearon wrote:
    I'm all about this, can't wait....

ALSO YOU HEAR ABOUT RAMBO 5??
    YUP

Really??? You better not be messing with me here. Is Stallone returning? Hang on, I'm of to google this.

EDIT: Yep, Rambo 5, it's gonna be awesome. Apparently he'll be taking on Mexican drug lords this time.